DELTA FORCE MAP PACK

Tom_Anger

I have completed the 3 maps AW05, AW06, AW07 which were created based on the Delta Force Rangers when they had to search and rescue soldiers from Black Hawk Down. These maps all go into each other as a campaign.

All maps are in gametypes DM, DOM, HH, Siege, and TDM

AW05 Initiative Lost - is Wolcott's crash site

AW06 Delta Force - Is the center of the campaign with no vision of either crash site

AW07 Leave No Man Behind - Is Durant's Crash site

These maps took a while and my next mission is to make these into coop as a campaign. One thing I also want readers to know is each map is the same. In other words. The map as a whole is HUGE. I pieced it out to make 3 maps that tie into each other. You cannot see map 3 from map 1, and vise versa. So in coop I may make it as the entire map.

Map assets to notice it the time it took to add hundreds of barrels, many tipped over, debris, soot, etc. Trash piles with realistic cans, bricks, pipes, etc. 50 cals with ammo crates and sand bags. Basic map design with assets to give it a realistic touch. Us map makers stick togeter and share ideas to make this custom map community a great one!!!.

Visit Shadow Company Elite for other like maps and lets all party!!!!

Picture and Excellent Walpaper for your pc

dfpic1_800x600.jpg

Download file is here (I will ask Rocky to post it up here at ghostrecon.net as well)

http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com/forum//i...php?download=55

Edited by Tom_Anger

Thanks duck - I typicall learn by mistakes and I made a lot today, but one thing I learned is to just add a couple of AIs, give them a group name then add the line that tells them to spawn when the game starts. If I can master that, I can slowly learn the triggers, but guaranteed I will find snags along the way.

Anyone can host and I am also getting anyone's feedback for when I release the [GR] coops so that I can package them all up with everyone's 2 cents. tacticalgamers has been hosting it in siege and I have had some fun with them. They have a good set of admins structuring their TS with the gamestyle. CORE said they hosted it in TDM for 2 rounds and they crashsed on the 2nd round, however, I have hosted on my own in multiple rounds as well as in tacticalgamers with no issues. I would like to know if others find this an issue for their servers.

Remember - this map is full of choke points. You run around and you will die. Limited deaths is what it's about on these. When the rangers were dropped down they had no idea what they were up against. This is what you get in these maps and yes deatil and it took a while. Similar to Dedust's maps that GRIN made. I just got done playing siege in their map and wow!! what skill it must have took to do those.

I have completed the 3 maps AW05, AW06, AW07 which were created based on the Delta Force Rangers when they had to search and rescue soldiers from Black Hawk Down. These maps all go into each other as a campaign.

Download file is here (I will ask Rocky to post it up here at ghostrecon.net as well)

http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com/forum//i...php?download=55

So is this the first GRAW Single-Player Campaign?

It isn't complete yet for single player [GR] Coop, but that is what I am now working on. AW05 will start you at Wolcott's crash site and you will have to get your team to the 1st extraction point. That is it, but if you decide you want to play in order like a campaign AW06 will start you where AW05 left off and AW07 will start you where you left off in AW06. Each map will be small and doable for a squad of 4 to 8. All 3 maps played alone are small in my opinion, but linked together seem to give some variety.

Once all 3 are done I will make it as 1 full map which will give you the option of either running all 3 in campain or the entire set in 1 map taking you from Wolcott's crash site to Durant's crash site in 1 game. That may be AW08 when all is said and done. Keep in mind I am learning coop, but I hope to have this done by the end of the year. If I can pick up the coop'ing fast maybe sooner. I have the maps done, just need to setup the events.

I can't just have a map with bots that shoot you. I have to try to make them do everything possible. Right now I have AW05 started with bots in recon shooting you and that is only 15 bots. I want to get over 100 in each map. I think that is a realistic number. More may be realistic for the actual battle that took place in The Mog.

Thanks for the input. In my opinion you either like or dislike the gameplay on this. I don't see alot of room for in-between. In AW06 and AW07 I believe there is an area south on the map where you will see fuel tanks tucked in a corner. You can snipe all the way down that entire road to the other side. Likewise for players down the other end near the car and long dumpster (flat train car). Sniping is good if you can keep your opponent from getting to your location.

I don't like coop much so I have to make it fun for me so that others will enjoy it. When I [GR] COOP these maps I am going to put up more dead ends and force troops to move around. I am studying AI movement and actions at the moment so it is just taking days to learn their behaviors under certain situations and parameter settings. I setup 15 individual soldiers of 1 type, render, test, change them around, etc to see how it will play out.

Patrols will be around in streets with guards at alleys and market building locations. Snipers on roofs, and heavy support as you get close to the extraction point. The good thing is that they will shoot out a fence to get to you and they will find cover when engaged in battle so at this point I am pleased to say the coop will be decent. That much I know, lol.

You have to realize that as you get to the end of AW05 it is the Delta Force troops making their way toward's Durant's crash site so that choke point will encounter tons of heavy fire with a kill setting you back to Wolcott's crash and possibly more enemy's if you do not spawn on the leader. To make the coop interesting I have to provide this style of play and not put elite soldiers all over the place. That wouldn't be fun. I feel that if done correctly, it could be nice for training. Having said that - I am taking my time and hope to do it right.

FYI - I used some ideas from the satellite imagery of Mogadishu found in this link

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...lia/imagery.htm

Obviously within limitations, however, both crash sites are kind of realistic in scaled down distances from each other. AW05 and AW07 have the 2 different crash sites.

All I can say is .. wooohoooo ....

can;t wait for the [GR] COOP maps.. I think me and my buds have the most fun playing CO-OP... the days of BOOM for GR1 where awesome.. if you did not get the priv of playing .. think of lots of enemies, tanks and whatever else you could shoot .. on the screen at once.. felt like you where in the middle of a battle..

Great work by the way, I have enjoy most of the maps you have released thus far.. keep up the hard work..

• 5 weeks later...

It isn't complete yet for single player [GR] Coop, but that is what I am now working on. AW05 will start you at Wolcott's crash site and you will have to get your team to the 1st extraction point. That is it, but if you decide you want to play in order like a campaign AW06 will start you where AW05 left off and AW07 will start you where you left off in AW06. Each map will be small and doable for a squad of 4 to 8. All 3 maps played alone are small in my opinion, but linked together seem to give some variety.

Once all 3 are done I will make it as 1 full map which will give you the option of either running all 3 in campain or the entire set in 1 map taking you from Wolcott's crash site to Durant's crash site in 1 game. That may be AW08 when all is said and done. Keep in mind I am learning coop, but I hope to have this done by the end of the year. If I can pick up the coop'ing fast maybe sooner. I have the maps done, just need to setup the events.

I can't just have a map with bots that shoot you. I have to try to make them do everything possible. Right now I have AW05 started with bots in recon shooting you and that is only 15 bots. I want to get over 100 in each map. I think that is a realistic number. More may be realistic for the actual battle that took place in The Mog.

Hey Bro whats the update on the Delta Force [GR] maps

I was without a videocard for a couple of weeks so it was on hold. The 1st one is complete, however, it will work on like 2% of people that I have had help test. The rest of those who wanted to help me beta it had the map crash on them so I have to figure out why. I was able to play it with 3 people, but the 7 others who wanted to test kept crashing on the load with no error logged.

It is either there are too many objects, too much memory resources, or something like that. The AI script is straightforward and no vehicles are in the 1st map. It will be a while until these are [GR]'ed.