Mint Complex

Tinker

Hi, <_<

Is it permissable to turn the Mint Map into a night version and retexture the pictures in the paintings and various other items?

Tinker

Read me file:

All portions of this package are © Red Storm Entertainment.

This mod is for Ghost Recon, but you must also own Rogue Spear to legally install and use

(in most countries.) Comply at your discretion. I cannot be held accountable in any way

should you choose not to comply; my intent is simply to provide a mod to users who legally

own both of these titles, free of charge.

To INSTALL:

----------------------

Just unzip into your ...Ghost Recon/Mods folder.

eNjOy !

=SEALZ= Harntrox

Maybe a bad idea to use these maps?

Tinker

<_<

Hi,

little concerned about a few other maps 9MS are using:

Aztec

Athletes Village

Stalkyard

MLP_Castle

Killhouse

Readme File:

// Mods Contents

NAME "GRS_MapPack1"

AUTHOR "iso6 , Ken 'the Judge and Nami"

SUPPORT "http://ghostrecon.ss.mu"

VERSION "2.00"

MULTIPLAYER "Server-Client"

I had tried to make a contact with no luck.

Tinker

:unsure:

Hi,

Aztec

Athletes Village

Stalkyard

MLP_Castle

Killhouse

Readme File:

// Mods Contents

NAME "GRS_MapPack1"

VERSION "2.00"

Tinker

Tinker, ive contacted Ken, he is a nice guy, he has given permission to use his "old mod" (GRS_MapPack1) in newly ones - ive contacted him for the Chalet map, remember ?

If you want you may contact him directly, you need to register in the forum and send him a PM (Omega_Ken, he is the webmaster), it will probably take some days till he answers.

http://tso.mydns.jp/grs/forum/index.php

:thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

Hi,

Aztec

Athletes Village

Stalkyard

MLP_Castle

Killhouse

Readme File:

// Mods Contents

NAME "GRS_MapPack1"

VERSION "2.00"

Tinker

Tinker, ive contacted Ken, he is a nice guy, he has given permission to use his "old mod" (GRS_MapPack1) in newly ones - ive contacted him for the Chalet map, remember ?

If you want you may contact him directly, you need to register in the forum and send him a PM (Omega_Ken, he is the webmaster), it will probably take some days till he answers.

http://tso.mydns.jp/grs/forum/index.php

:thumbsup:

Thnx again Thales, i actually downloaded the Chalet map on it`s own, single map download. Did not realise it was apart of these maps too, as i have that pack but it does not contain the Chalet map! :wacko: .

Anyhows thnx.

Tinker

Some interesting points being brought up here about maps from other games being converted for Ghost Recon. :yes: All my maps were downloaded from GR.NET at one time or another over the years and I have some more Rogue Spear conversions that I haven't uploaded yet. So due I continue to check these maps out and upload them for all to use or are they no longer acceptable for our download section? :unsure: Rocky and staff where do we now stand on this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about yor previous project, i know how it goes though. The road and rock textures are very low res. You should either tile them more on the UV mapping modifier in max or make the textures higher res.

make the textures higher res.

How would i go about that?

Tinker

:hmm:

Sorry to hear about yor previous project, i know how it goes though. The road and rock textures are very low res. You should either tile them more on the UV mapping modifier in max or make the textures higher res.

make the textures higher res.

How would i go about that?

Tinker

:hmm:

Well, say your road texture is 256*256 pixels. The texture isnt tiled enough in max to be clear, so make a 512*512 pixel image and tile the 256 4 times, 1 in each corner. Then save that and it will be clearer in game. More texture tiles means the texture is clearer.

:blink: That doesn't make any sense really.

Let's say for instance that you've got a brick texture.

The bricks need to be a certain size on the object to make it believe it's real.

So you map it accordingly.

Next, if you copy the texture 4 times, the size of the bricks will be half in size, providing that the mapping isn't changed.

Sure, the resolution is better, but it's also very repetative and not representative of real bricks (since they are half in size).

You could ofcourse, half the mapping aswell then, but that leaves you with the same resolution you've started with in the first place. So no sense in doing that either.

There isn't really a way to get a higher resolution for the texture, except scaling it, and trying to handpaint it, adding more detail.