Forced to Restart After Every Map Cycle

silent_op

Forced to Restart After Every Map Cycle

One of the members of my group has a problem with his 1.30 GR:AW...

(Experienced in the [GR] COOP mode)

Everytime a map cycle ends (the set number of rounds for rotation), he has to restart his GR:AW in order to join in the next map being loaded to the server. He is running the v1.30 patch and is fully patched from the 1.06 to 1.30. He has done a full reinstall of his GR:AW, reinstalling all the patches in numeric order. This did not resolve the problem.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what he may try?

silent_op

same problem here, i think it's a common issue.

i have the same problem in other games like the BF series, SWAT, The Regiment and some others i can't remember right now.

iirc there is a fix in BF2 whereby you set the CPU affinity to just one core. but i was on a single core cpu then. Now i have dual core and a whole new system and i have this problem reoccur in GRAW. someone mentioned a few weeks ago that it seemed to be happeneing with people who have DSL, which is the only thing that hasn't changed in my setup.

i'd say the issue happens 90% of map changes, but not all, which makes things stranger. :hmm:

Edited by Panic

The crashes on map-change seem random, I think it's most common when servers are full, played n the BPR server one day and after each map about 6 people got dropped. server on the thin side? connection speed? My pings are mostly in the 30's on UK/EU servers so that shouldn't be of concern.

We might want to test some day, everyone keep an eye on his game, see what FPS/ping etc are there before crashes, and try to remember what you did just before game ends...nades? I sometimes hear nade/death sounds after the game ended, for 5-10 sec. so maybe the game end isn't programmed right. Sometimes a mapload takes very long and I end up with a pistol spawned as soon as I get in..... so there is still something to look at IMO.

I guess GRIN is trying to improve teh speed but with bugs showing up, so there is a real problem which won't be easy to fix..... (decide to have game load longer with less bugs or improve speed with more disconnects and such...) I can understand their trouble fixing this though I am no programmer at all.

Hope they find what causes the bugs and can fix it without re-writing the whole internet lobby/code.

Keep up the good work, and good luck GRIN :thumbsup:

Edited by Forrester

• 2 months later...

The crashes on map-change seem random, I think it's most common when servers are full, played n the BPR server one day and after each map about 6 people got dropped. server on the thin side? connection speed? My pings are mostly in the 30's on UK/EU servers so that shouldn't be of concern.

We might want to test some day, everyone keep an eye on his game, see what FPS/ping etc are there before crashes, and try to remember what you did just before game ends...nades? I sometimes hear nade/death sounds after the game ended, for 5-10 sec. so maybe the game end isn't programmed right. Sometimes a mapload takes very long and I end up with a pistol spawned as soon as I get in..... so there is still something to look at IMO.

I guess GRIN is trying to improve teh speed but with bugs showing up, so there is a real problem which won't be easy to fix..... (decide to have game load longer with less bugs or improve speed with more disconnects and such...) I can understand their trouble fixing this though I am no programmer at all.

Hope they find what causes the bugs and can fix it without re-writing the whole internet lobby/code.

Keep up the good work, and good luck GRIN :thumbsup:

Same problem here. I have to disconnect and reconnect each time the map on a server changes.

This game is undoubtedly, the number one biggest piece of ###### I have ever seen. I mean, how in the ###### does something like that Enter key press after filling out each account field get by quality assurance? I REALLY wish I would have trolled all GRAW related forums before I wasted a penny on this pile of ######. I hope everyone involved in bringing this game to market is now unemployed and paralyzed, or better yet - dead.

^

Wow, I take it you are an unsatisfied customer.

Karma.

It shows huh?

It wouldn't be so bad if the game-play was unbareable. I would box the game up and set it on a shelf or throw it in the trash. It's the fact that the game has so many shining points that are unenjoyable because there are so many defects that makes me this unsatisfied.

And when I say "everyone" that brought this game to market, I mean those that brought it to market when they did. The engineers, art, and sound people did a good job. The executive staff that decided to push this live when they did are the ones that I hope are suffering a thousand fates worse than death.

The 1.35 patch (not 1.3 :rocky:) was supposed to fix the gamespy bug, which is the reason of the disconnections (multicore processors work fine with patched graw).

A good thing would be to completely remove (check the threads related to proper cleanup), reinstall graw and then patch 1.35 only (it's a cummulative patch).

If the disconnections persists, hmm.. what internet provider does he have?

/kUfa