Making GRAW Better

FIRST OFF...... I FEEL GRIN IS DOING A GREAT JOB FOR WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN.

I would like to see if anyone agrees with me on this.....It seems to me the original GR was based in 3 different places. Let me be general....Woods, Desert, and semi-Jungle. Desert and Jungle being the expansion packs respectavly. The reason I say semi-Jungle is for the reason there were not enough brush and trees to make it real jungle but the intention was there. Now let me just start off with the First GR game based a semi-cold to cold russian enviornment which was woods mostly. The Red Square was in the city and Embassy which was a BAMF map but it was generally a wooded environment.

Now I kept thinking to myself why are they just coming out with these mexico desert style maps? I understand the sotryline but Mexico has forests and you cna always bring the Ghosts into the forest by saying the president went to the forest in Mexico to escape the hostile city enviornment or something.....sooooo why not make a forest map or introduce a BAMF jungle map. Well I started playing with the map editor and noticed something that might be dentrimental to the production of jungle or wooded maps. I put a simple texture for ground then added about 20 trees nicely placed apart. Then I added some bushes and grass to give it a jungle feel....take in mind the terrain is still flat. I noticed major graphics lag with my 7800GS SC after panning down and taking a tour through my map.

This led me to beleive the engine was not made for a forest type of enviornment and/or you need one heck of a Graphics adapter to make use of such maps. Maps from games like Far Cry and Joint Operations are heavily thick in jungle and my graphics card set all high 1280x1024 runs through them at 50 FPS no problem. Those engines seem to have the right idea...granted Joint Ops is kinda lame due to how fake the characters move in it..LOL... No offense to anyone but it looks like those little green army men you used to get in the buckets and you could set them up and shoot them with the BB gun lol. But being a former employee of NovaLogic I will say I think there terrain is awsome. Unlike GRAW....I feel as if the game just cant handle certain things and that the engine does not process graphics as well as most other new engines.

I really like Jungle maps and really have no iterest in Mexico City and the biggest thing that Pi***es me off is the M4 Carbine. That was my weapon in the military and is still being heavily used by Special Forces units. That weapon is going to be used for a long time. I wish they would have had it in this game. When I bought this game and saw the weapons choice I was at a loss for words. Now I understand the game is based in the future but its not like these are the only weapons that are going to be used in the future lol. Lets be realistic yet again.

Please do not bash me for my statement...I just wanted to put my two sense in and see what other people ave to say..or if anyone agrees with me.

FIRST OFF...... I FEEL GRIN IS DOING A GREAT JOB FOR WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN.

A little morphia before cutting...good tactic :thumbsup:

the biggest thing that Pi***es me off is the M4 Carbine. That was my weapon in the military and is still being heavily used by Special Forces units. That weapon is going to be used for a long time. I wish they would have had it in this game. When I bought this game and saw the weapons choice I was at a loss for words. Now I understand the game is based in the future but its not like these are the only weapons that are going to be used in the future lol. Lets be realistic yet again.

Couldn't agree more with that. Help might be on the way, however. See the Weapons Modding section.