GR:AW Expansion

Here's the Stout's list... :wacko:

1- Open up all maps to all game types ( this alone would improve the game 10 fold for me) :please:

2- Random Spawn points :please:

3- Map Overlay for In game map :please:

4- In game toggle Leaderboard (kills, life's left, score that kind of stuff)

5- New enviroments - with weather effects (Not everyone DL's modded maps) :please:

6- Further Draw Distance .. hate seeing those pop cans appear ten feet in front of me

7- Fix bugs - Drop bug to mention one.. athought we have a work around

8- Injury effects on aiming and running

9- Have the reticle meant something.. I know this is not GR1 but I did love the feeling of waiting for my reticle to close before shooting.. added a bit of tension.. would have to be implmented properly

10- Defend game type... open up scripting.. I love to see what some of the modders in the comminuty could come up wtih

Wow ... longer list then I thought... but right this second #'s 1,2,3 & 5 are the biggies for me

7 is a given.

Might be a reason why your seeing alot of the same requests.. hint, hint!!

Cheers :cheers: and thanks for all your long term efforts with the game GRIN.. keep it up ;)

Edited by IrishStout

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I do feel a little like they just made basic parts of the game, and said "we'll let the modders handle the rest." That kinda sucks:( otherwise great game!

well for the missions in the SP we didnt need rain so thats why we didnt spend time making it.no point in hasching out some halfassed rain, if its gonna rain, its gonna RAIN. all a matter of lack of time :( ofcourse rain would have been cool :)

but I do feel a little like they just made basic parts of the game, and said "we'll let the modders handle the rest." That kinda sucks:( otherwise great game!

well for the missions in the SP we didnt need rain so thats why we didnt spend time making it.no point in hasching out some halfassed rain, if its gonna rain, its gonna RAIN. all a matter of lack of time :( ofcourse rain would have been cool :)

i hope you ment " rain will be cool, would be cool, i'll pass it on to the guys"

would have been is such a downer.....

but then again,

..., its gonna RAIN.
sounds good in my ears :D

12 man squad...................either YOU and 11 AI..or.....................YOU and 11 of your best friends playing ALL the MIssions ans Campaign.

More "real world" weapons, a little more variety

A real variety of maps............jungle, woodland, island and places near water.

How about an "underwater insertion" into a harbor, and have a mission.....

some weather conditions also..............rain, snow,

Kingkat

1. New campaign set somewhere completely different with alot of variety (Jungles/Snowy Hills etc), including different weather (Rain/Snow etc).

2. New weapons with new attachments.

3. Return of instant action etc for more SP replayability.

4. In-game friends lists & voice comms (Im aware of 3rd party things that do this but to me, in-game implementations are more user friendly).

5. More varied things to blow up (Absolutely anything, its all good :)).

6. Although i doubt its a real prospect, but a return to selecting your teams & members individually, like [GR].

7. Some popular [GR] map remakes for instant action & multiplayer.

Theres probly a whole bunch more stuff id like to see but these are the best i can think of right now :)

Edited by Boozer Dawg

i think it would be pretty cool to have a flashlight attachment mod put in. Even though it wouldn't be very tactical, i think it would really look cool, and maybe you can even use it to blind guys in close quarters. i'm sure there's a way to do it. who knows...

i think it would be pretty cool to have a flashlight attachment mod put in. Even though it wouldn't be very tactical, i think it would really look cool, and maybe you can even use it to blind guys in close quarters. i'm sure there's a way to do it. who knows...

that would be awesome, a night map flashlight only and no night vision, just scare people.....lol :D

no serious it would be awesome to have them, as well as flash-bangs an a limited number of claymores

-- Map + mission editor for Single Player.

-- Firefight mode in SP which can be played using all maps, whether original or user-made. Any other new game mode.

-- Black Scar and M4. Also, more choice of weapons and attachments.

-- Better frame rates and more in-game graphics optimization choices.

-- Friendly AI has modes like attack, recon etc.

-- Abuility to enter buildings and indoor areas.

-- Enemy AI that retreats as a group, when overpowered, to a safer spot.

-- Jungle type environments and mountains as well.

-- Ability to choose from a collection of optical sights for all rifles.

p.s- Remembering that GR fans, whether SP or MP, want to play this game for a long long time and taking steps to ensure that. Replayability is the key to success in a GR series game.

Edited by buddhiraja73

secondairy weapons in seperate tabs, one for sub machine and one for pistol

more sub machine guns (p90 ? tmp?)

more pistols none 9mm cal.

an extra scope elcan or acog ?

flashbangs (said it before, i know) smoke grenade for the GL

the flashlight is a welcome option

dedicated silenced sniper

bino's

limp-ing (arms and legs) when shot in one arm you can't raise sights :D ????

and all from my previous post ;)

-compatible with graw editor and objects so it can be used together in the editor not that what we have now

that the game has to load seperate tile sets when you mix things but this is too much to ask i think, but would like grin to think about maybe there can be a solution, i do hope so

I've thought about this for some time now...

Some things I'd like to see:

Jungle type of objects

Different types of vehicles

More buildings of all kinds, and also enterable

More open space and larger types of maps

Different character skins, customizable and permanent kit selection

Jungle sounds

Ocean/Beach terrain with moving water/sounds, to also include rivers/stream/lakes

More terrain features, such as, but not limited to; grass, brushes, trees and other types of objects

Please feel free to add onto this list... It is a wish list, btw. ;)

Hmmm..that sounds alot like what is in [GR]....interesting..Considering thats what alot of us wanted in the first place. <_<

Can't define it exactly....

... but when I play SWAT4 I love the immediate communication with other players - whether its the built-in VoIP or more usually, the menu driven commands.

Plus the interface - even though it is grapically inferior AW - is better thought out and more functional.

Oh - and dumping the resoucre-hogging diesel engine would benefit everyone.

Well speaking of the game engine, I thought this one was pretty good but what is considered the best one on the market at current?

And yes being able to open doors and enter buildings would be a huge plus. I like the open buildings we have now but the doors are already open, giving us the advantage in making entry. Plus it always bugs me to see/shoot someone on a roof and there is no entry or exit to that location so how did they get there?

Well speaking of the game engine, I thought this one was pretty good but what is considered the best one on the market at current?

And yes being able to open doors and enter buildings would be a huge plus. I like the open buildings we have now but the doors are already open, giving us the advantage in making entry. Plus it always bugs me to see/shoot someone on a roof and there is no entry or exit to that location so how did they get there?

maybe they got keys ?? they are mexican rebels living there and we have not got an M4 keymaster....

sorry that must have hurt someone....... :wall:

There are several threads already started on this topic or ones similar. Try searching the forums here for "GRAW expansion" and have a quick look through the GRAW PC forum. No sense in starting another one when there are others in current discussion.

Hi

I just want to suggest one more because i bet it could be so fun! (and a challenge to computerprogrammers)

=> animal(s) - like cows, rabbits, squerls, birds, ... - alone and in groups moving over the map; so u can hide in the pack or, as a marksman, can be confused or startled by their apperance/departure/passing. Also the ability to kill or main them (and some kind of noises that goes along with that; this off course for several tactical advantages like cover or mesleading the enemy with those noises)

-- All the mission objectives are given at the beginning of the mission and the entire map is accessible to the player. This is one aspect that I really liked about [GR], and I hope it is brought back when the GRAW mission pack is released. If, just one part of the map is useable, like Graw, then the wonderful maps are somewhat underutilized.

-- More enemy vehicles, like trucks, jeeps etc., which patrol the map carrying rebels.

-- A cross-com command which orders a teammate to use Grenades or GL.

-- Rebels occationally use frag grenades to flush us out.