noob FPS HELP PLEASE !

:jeswink:

Hi all, just created my account and started playin GR:AW 2 days ago, (after being brainwashed by it on the 360)

luv the game just wondered if someone cud tell me how to 2 sho fps on screen please?

Game runs pretty stable on my machine hears the spec:-

amd sempron 3000 (oc'd at 1.89 - cack i no, not the best mobo)

768mb RAM (again looking 2 swap for another 512mb stick soon)

150 gb sata drive

sapphire radeon x1600 pro 512mb gfx.

It automatically set my video settings 2 high, do you recommend i keep it like this?

Any good tweaks anyone could recommend with my sys? as it does not load very fast but the game play is [pretty smooth?! unless this is a problem 4 evre1?

Btw im running the lastest patch (v1.30 i think - mapz & mods)

ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

CHEERS

kram_2006

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just created my account and started playin GR:AW 2 days ago, (after being brainwashed by it on the 360)

luv the game just wondered if someone cud tell me how to 2 sho fps on screen please?

150 gb sata drive

It automatically set my video settings 2 high, do you recommend i keep it like this?

Any good tweaks anyone could recommend with my sys? as it does not load very fast but the game play is [pretty smooth?! unless this is a problem 4 evre1?

CHEERS

kram_2006

Look for an application called fraps. It isn't built into the game. start it before graw and it will show your fps.

150 gb sata drive

CHEERS

kram_2006

Look for an application called fraps. It isn't built into the game. start it before graw and it will show your fps.

Cheers mate, much appreciated, any other tips would be great aswell.

You can't tweak that much if you want to play online as "altered game files" will get you disconnected from the servers.

I recommend that you download Teamspeak (free) so that you can chat with others on the servers,. There are quite many TS servers related to GRAW servers. And if you go this way you could use Teamspeak Overlay (separate software) to get your fps shown, as well as showing the names on top of the GRAW interface of those who speak on the TS.

150 gb sata drive

CHEERS

kram_2006

You can use teamspeak overlay too, when using teamspeak you can easily see who's talking ingame without having to show the TS box, and that gives your FPS visible too

For best gameplay, take down the settings and one by one put them on medium or high to see what gives ultimate gameplay for you, see enough, but the game still runs fine.....

Also look at the threads about tweaks (which drivers to use, xml changes that improve gameplay (look out for hacks....don't use them if you want to play online)) and get used to playing GRAW, that takes some time, I have some maps still which i need to get used to, find the good spots to not get owned, and try different approaches, there's lots to see.

Furthermore, to improve load time only use those custom maps you want to play, the more maps in the custom levels folder the slower the load of GRAW

Thanks again lads, all info greatly appreciated, as I say im not currently looking to create maps and anything like that just yet, I jus wana go online for the time being and the info provided is great.

Just a few questions about the Teamspeak... do you mean talking as in speaking? or as in typing?

if speaking do i need a headset or just a mic?

:D cheers:D

Thanks again lads, all info greatly appreciated, as I say im not currently looking to create maps and anything like that just yet, I jus wana go online for the time being and the info provided is great.

Just a few questions about the Teamspeak... do you mean talking as in speaking? or as in typing?

if speaking do i need a headset or just a mic?

:D cheers:D

Teamspeak's a talkie. :)

You will need a headset / boom mike for the best performance, although you could probably bet by with your standard speakers and a mic.

Have fun!

cheers 4 all the help and the welcome lads, hope 2 catch u all online someday, maybe i'll giv u all a run 4 ur money soon hmmmmmm :hmm:

Lol, i would recommend you buy a simple headset with mic to start with, I did that too cost me 6 € and I found out TS was great and bought a creative HS-600 for 25€, which works great. If you happen to live in Holland maybe I can send you my previous headset for try, but I think postage is just as expensive as the set itself.....

If you plan to buy a headset which is right straightaway, I reccommend a headset with a fixed mic, not one hanging on your cord, they are better in recording your voice. A standard mic and speakers may give an echo..... so the mic should be sensitive to the front only, and those are rare (I think)

My headset mic filters other sounds than speech out a bit so you can keep your voice down, and that is good for your relationship at home..... :shifty:

See you soon :thumbsup:

cheers 4 all the help and the welcome lads, hope 2 catch u all online someday, maybe i'll giv u all a run 4 ur money soon hmmmmmm :hmm:

Lol, i would recommend you buy a simple headset with mic to start with, I did that too cost me 6 € and I found out TS was great and bought a creative HS-600 for 25€, which works great. If you happen to live in Holland maybe I can send you my previous headset for try, but I think postage is just as expensive as the set itself.....

If you plan to buy a headset which is right straightaway, I reccommend a headset with a fixed mic, not one hanging on your cord, they are better in recording your voice. A standard mic and speakers may give an echo..... so the mic should be sensitive to the front only, and those are rare (I think)

My headset mic filters other sounds than speech out a bit so you can keep your voice down, and that is good for your relationship at home..... :shifty:

Unfortunately i liv in the UK :( which is abit pants but thanks 4 the offer anyway!

Is TS easy to setup? im pretty good at tech'y stuff so it shunt be a problem.

Ive had a look on the net at a few and they seem pretty reasonably priced so i'll have 2 invest once i know i can get TS up and running!

Thanks 4 the advice again anyway, making my day at work go alot faster 2 :D

only an hour n a half 2 go until GR:AW :thumbsup:

Do u play much multiplayer? watz ur screen name for it? I'll look out 4u. What time is is there? its 15:08pm here.

Soz 4 all the Q'z

Unfortunately i liv in the UK :( which is abit pants but thanks 4 the offer anyway!

Ive had a look on the net at a few and they seem pretty reasonably priced so i'll have 2 invest once i know i can get TS up and running!

Do u play much multiplayer? watz ur screen name for it? I'll look out 4u. What time is is there? its 15:08pm here.

Soz 4 all the Q'z

My name is KFORF_Forrester, in the www.kforf.co.uk clan sad but true TS on our server is passworded, and I have trouble joining after a crash we had. You might want to try the BPR or UKGF server both are UK based too and have open teamspeak (they must give you acces when you join)

just download TS, install (evt install TS overlay beta so you can see your FPS and see who's talking)

click on the site od bpr (maketeanotwar.net) and click the tab server and select Teamspeak, you'll see who is in the temaspeakserver, fill in your nick and click join.

I'm not online tonight I guess (badminton) I guess it will be this weekend (3 kids and lots to do)

Mostly I'm on the KFORF server, sometimes in BPR or UKGF,GG, BDA, AFZ... just look in the most crowded servers for start. Though we are not active recruiting at the moment if you join in and seem fun to play with we might ask you to become a KFORF member (and that is fun!)

Have fun!

Soz 4 all the Q'z

My name is KFORF_Forrester, in the www.kforf.co.uk clan sad but true TS on our server is passworded, and I have trouble joining after a crash we had. You might want to try the BPR or UKGF server both are UK based too and have open teamspeak (they must give you acces when you join)

just download TS, install (evt install TS overlay beta so you can see your FPS and see who's talking)

click on the site od bpr (maketeanotwar.net) and click the tab server and select Teamspeak, you'll see who is in the temaspeakserver, fill in your nick and click join.

I'm not online tonight I guess (badminton) I guess it will be this weekend (3 kids and lots to do)

Mostly I'm on the KFORF server, sometimes in BPR or UKGF,GG, BDA, AFZ... just look in the most crowded servers for start. Though we are not active recruiting at the moment if you join in and seem fun to play with we might ask you to become a KFORF member (and that is fun!)

Have fun!

Thats alot of initials you've just thrown at me lol :blink:

Right I'll knuckle down later on and work it out.

So this Kill for fun server - is it used for a bunch of different games? and i take it TS is used for several diff games?!

This might sound a daft question but how does TS interact with GRAW? because dont you need to join the server from the list on the multiplayer area? im quite new 2 this :wall: but im a real fast learner and once ive done it once i wont 4get, u got msn messenger? cuz that wud b useful just 4 a few pointers when ur online sumtime?

You can't tweak that much if you want to play online as "altered game files" will get you disconnected from the servers.

Actually, that's not true (to a certain extent). You can tweak just about everything for performance (check my sig, there's a GRAW tweak guide in there), but to be more specific you can't add any, and I mean ANY, mods unless the server has the exact same mod.

Actually, that's not true (to a certain extent). You can tweak just about everything for performance (check my sig, there's a GRAW tweak guide in there), but to be more specific you can't add any, and I mean ANY, mods unless the server has the exact same mod.

Yeah, what I mean is tweaking the game in itself, not the computer to perform better with the game, and still connect to servers. Perhaps it was a bit sweeping statement of mine.

Kram, as mentioned, download and install FRAPS to check out your frame rates. From what I've seen of the specs and benchmarks of your video card, you're going to be hard-pressed to get sufficient frame rates to play GRAW smoothly.

All of the performance tweaks will be found under Options>Video>Advanced Options. There you can turn options to either low or off. You don't have nearly enough RAM to do the managed_textures tweak.

Good luck.

Kram, as mentioned, download and install FRAPS to check out your frame rates. From what I've seen of the specs and benchmarks of your video card, you're going to be hard-pressed to get sufficient frame rates to play GRAW smoothly.

All of the performance tweaks will be found under Options>Video>Advanced Options. There you can turn options to either low or off. You don't have nearly enough RAM to do the managed_textures tweak.

Good luck.

Cheers mate,

guttered tho, i forked out nearly £100 for that gfx card, i read reviews b4 i bought it and it sounded good,

but not till after did i see some benchmark tests wiv abt 8 uve gfx cards and it ended up near the bottom of the pile! gutted!

Well i played it on medium-high the other night on multiplayer and was pretty pleased with the performance, no stuttern or skips etc... Im just lacking on how far i can see into the distance which isnt helpful when i see myself as a pretty nifty sniper :ph34r:

Played it last nyt on xbox agen, fantastic, im more of a PC man tho 4 sure.

I bought a mag the uva day and funnily enough it had a dvd attached with software on it and fraps is on there! so i'll install when i finally get the chance! been really busy lately, got the missus coming round 2nyt aswell so i may have 2 delay it abit longer ;)

Cheers 4 the help tho mate, much appreciated. I'll see how it goes

Yeah, what I mean is tweaking the game in itself, not the computer to perform better with the game, and still connect to servers. Perhaps it was a bit sweeping statement of mine.

You misunderstood me....you actually can tweak GRAW for performance in some of the .xml files. There really isn't much you can do, but there are some things you can't do in the menu. The AC does not check the profile or settings files, so you can tweak a little bit here and there for better performance without worrying about the AC knocking you off. Besides, tweaking your PC a little bit always helps too :)

Soz 4 all the Q'z

Have fun!

Thats alot of initials you've just thrown at me lol :blink:

Right I'll knuckle down later on and work it out.

So this Kill for fun server - is it used for a bunch of different games? and i take it TS is used for several diff games?!

This might sound a daft question but how does TS interact with GRAW? because dont you need to join the server from the list on the multiplayer area? im quite new 2 this :wall: but im a real fast learner and once ive done it once i wont 4get, u got msn messenger? cuz that wud b useful just 4 a few pointers when ur online sumtime?

KFORF dont have a sads server, when we put a server up that is a second pc owned by one of the members, and that can be on different games I stick to graw but when others want to play AA, RO or anything else that's their bussiness. I host games myself on my machine sometimes.

There are other clans that play more games (mostly these clans are bigger too, so they have sections playing different games) some clans have certain days for certain games (BPR have a GR1 day)

TS is used for different games, just like ventrilo it is a seperate program that makes voip possible with a server hosting, the free servers are up to 10 people and standalones can host more, you can even host on your own machine (that lags the game though!)

GRAW performs quite well with TS, but that is my opinion and my machine is an X2 3800 so It might be that TS uns on the other core.....

Just try things and see what you like, TS (TS-overlay too) is free to download as is ventrilo

And if you need help configuring stuff you can allways try to contact people over ICQ/MSN/X-fire and such

OWH and TS servers are seperate from GRAW, so you join TS first then fire up GRAW.

Most clans have a how to join TS on their homepage. If you want to join us on TS Ill ask our clan-leader, you can contact me on ICQ when I'm online (at home)

Edited by Forrester

KFORF dont have a sads server, when we put a server up that is a second pc owned by one of the members, and that can be on different games I stick to graw but when others want to play AA, RO or anything else that's their bussiness. I host games myself on my machine sometimes.

There are other clans that play more games (mostly these clans are bigger too, so they have sections playing different games) some clans have certain days for certain games (BPR have a GR1 day)

TS is used for different games, just like ventrilo it is a seperate program that makes voip possible with a server hosting, the free servers are up to 10 people and standalones can host more, you can even host on your own machine (that lags the game though!)

GRAW performs quite well with TS, but that is my opinion and my machine is an X2 3800 so It might be that TS uns on the other core.....

Just try things and see what you like, TS (TS-overlay too) is free to download as is ventrilo

And if you need help configuring stuff you can allways try to contact people over ICQ/MSN/X-fire and such

OWH and TS servers are seperate from GRAW, so you join TS first then fire up GRAW.

Most clans have a how to join TS on their homepage. If you want to join us on TS Ill ask our clan-leader, you can contact me on ICQ when I'm online (at home)

Will the TS servers appear in the GRAW multiplayer menu then?

Yer that'd be great, r u at work now? do you have a how to join on ur clan site?

Yer that'd be great, r u at work now? do you have a how to join on ur clan site?

yep I'm at work. (well not at it this moment...LOL)

TS is seperate, and I don't think it will be implemented for some users prefer ventrilo and some TS, and some use both....

Joining my clansite well i guess you cold register for the forum,and look what's in there, but we have little forum-active members..... so there's not much to see.

If you'd like to join a clan, jsut show up in the servers and play, if you like a clan you can aks them if they would accept you (as i did) and you'll find yourself a spot sooner or later. I tried several clans before i wound up with KFORF, most clans are fun to play with.... I can reccomend KFORF,BPR and UKGF those are the most active UK clans, but you might aswell join an EU clan like WO, time difference might be an issue, it is for me sometimes.

yep I'm at work. (well not at it this moment...LOL)

TS is seperate, and I don't think it will be implemented for some users prefer ventrilo and some TS, and some use both....

Joining my clansite well i guess you cold register for the forum,and look what's in there, but we have little forum-active members..... so there's not much to see.

If you'd like to join a clan, jsut show up in the servers and play, if you like a clan you can aks them if they would accept you (as i did) and you'll find yourself a spot sooner or later. I tried several clans before i wound up with KFORF, most clans are fun to play with.... I can reccomend KFORF,BPR and UKGF those are the most active UK clans, but you might aswell join an EU clan like WO, time difference might be an issue, it is for me sometimes.

Im getting abit lost now!

Its probably ded straight forward, i dont see how i can log on to TS and then join there servers from the GRAW menu?

OR

are the servers you use actually on the GRAW menu?! and you use TS just to talk etc....

Im getting abit lost now!

Its probably ded straight forward, i dont see how i can log on to TS and then join there servers from the GRAW menu?

OR

are the servers you use actually on the GRAW menu?! and you use TS just to talk etc....

Teamspeak is a seperate program, if you play GRAW online sometimes in the server ifo screen a TS Ip is mentionned, sometimes you need to see the homepage (BPR for instance) and join TS there.

If you join a clan later on you can easily register with the TS server by putting the IP, and password and such in.

But it remains a seperate run program. I always start TS first, cause GRAW wont do alt-tab well.

And I use TSO so I can use my whole screen and still see who's talking (name shown up in the left of your screen)

It also shows your FPS, the time and TS server youre on.

just visit some of the clansites, or see the server info screens in GRAW when you join a game.

150 gb sata drive

CHEERS

kram_2006

You can use teamspeak overlay too, when using teamspeak you can easily see who's talking ingame without having to show the TS box, and that gives your FPS visible too

For best gameplay, take down the settings and one by one put them on medium or high to see what gives ultimate gameplay for you, see enough, but the game still runs fine.....

Also look at the threads about tweaks (which drivers to use, xml changes that improve gameplay (look out for hacks....don't use them if you want to play online)) and get used to playing GRAW, that takes some time, I have some maps still which i need to get used to, find the good spots to not get owned, and try different approaches, there's lots to see.

Furthermore, to improve load time only use those custom maps you want to play, the more maps in the custom levels folder the slower the load of GRAW

There are crash issues with GRAW and Teamspeak overlay. Look for another one that is very similar called Voice Overlay. It works with no issues in GRAW

150 gb sata drive

CHEERS

kram_2006

There are crash issues with GRAW and Teamspeak overlay. Look for another one that is very similar called Voice Overlay. It works with no issues in GRAW

I've had no problems with it so far. Voice overlay is good too but doesn't show FPS. The only crashes I still have are drops from servers in various ways. and TS itself not letting me in to our TS server (but I jsut found teh clue I guess)