Panhard won't move

RavenousNC

I put in 3 AI, but they don't show up. The Panhard just sits there.

Here is my code.

<event name="start_game">

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="TestGroup" start_time="2"/>

</element>

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="TestV1" start_time="2"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="TestV1" ai="true" order="patrol" start_time="5.0">

<waypoint position="-4225 -2936 -6.7636719"/>

<waypoint position="3020 -5836 -0.33056641"/>

</element>

I am purposly trying to do this on start, then plan to experiment on triggers.

First of all you need vehicle AI nodes... do that by bringing the AI graph up and hitting "N" , then place the AI graph... then you need to get the coordinates which you did but as far as your scripting goes..... wel thats not at all how i do it.

i like to keep things as simple as possible, i only insert three additional lines into my text for a vehicle movement... you got all sorts of stuff going on there.

First of all you need vehicle AI nodes... do that by bringing the AI graph up and hitting "N" , then place the AI graph... then you need to get the coordinates which you did but as far as your scripting goes..... wel thats not at all how i do it.

i like to keep things as simple as possible, i only insert three additional lines into my text for a vehicle movement... you got all sorts of stuff going on there.

jason perhaps a little snippet of your code to help him out? :)

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="base02_panhard" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="base02_panhard" order="move" world_x="-4215" world_y="11653" start_time="1.0">

</element>

I found that you need to make sure that the group_id and the vehicle_id for the guys that are going to spawn in the vehicle are the same as the transport_id on the vehicle. So in my case, the transport_id is "base02_panhard". That is also the group_id and the vehicle_id on the panhard crew and passengers. you dont need to make a group spawn for them to spawn, they just spawn with the vehicle.

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="base02_panhard" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="base02_panhard" order="move" world_x="-4215" world_y="11653" start_time="1.0">

</element>

I found that you need to make sure that the group_id and the vehicle_id for the guys that are going to spawn in the vehicle are the same as the transport_id on the vehicle. So in my case, the transport_id is "base02_panhard". That is also the group_id and the vehicle_id on the panhard crew and passengers. you dont need to make a group spawn for them to spawn, they just spawn with the vehicle.

Hiya ducky

here's some code straight out of my next map hope it helps

<user name="wave01" type="once">

<trigger type="UnitInArea" area="allevents"/>

<event name="wave01"/>

</user>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="allevents" state="activate" start_time="4"/>

</event>

<event name="wave01">

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="wave01" start_time="0.1"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="allevents" state="deactivate"/>

</event>

<event name="wave01">

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="pn01" start_time="5"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="pn01" order="move" position="-2932 12754 0" start_time="10"/>

</event>

And thats all the code i use to get them moving, make sure you tick the box for sequense spawn & have the AI graphs for both troops & vehicles. for some reason you can only input 1 set of destination waypoints but it will find its own way there ( patrols are out i think)

For spawning the troops with the vehicle its a bit more tricky..

1, if you just use the pannard crew or hemtt crew nothing moves, make sure you use any troops that start mex_inf, mex_gur or any of those as long as they have "crew" or "passengers" in there name.

2, obviously tick the crew box only if your creating a crew (do not tick for passengers)

3, the order you need to give them is "patrol" & type "moveguardrecon" (not tried others but this works!)

4, Group ID is whatever your particular event is

5, Transport ID must be the same as the Vehicle ID

And that should be it, one thing i have noticed though is the vehicles will drive around fixed objects but they just drive straight into other vehicles and get stuck ?? very annoying ?

My panhards work just fine thank you. ^.^ The only thing I cant get to work is the damn friendly US abrams. The crew wont spawn into the tank right. The gunner will be in there, but not the driver. I asked evert on this, but he hasnt gotten back to me.

Edited by Evilducky

alright, i read the guy aboves post.. duck for cover i think

I agree with most of what he said, to ad to the part about the crews and orders.... it doesnt seem to matter, I put my vehicle crew guys on gaurd.. you use patrol both work because it doesnt matter. as long as the box for crew is checked and the vehicle ID is entered properly.

as for the script to put in... this is all you need

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="patrol01" start_time="2"/>

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="panhard1" start_time="25"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="panhard1" order="move" position="5433 3136 868" start_time="30"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="patrol01" state="deactivate"/>

</event>

and i have to make a correction, it wasnt three lines it was just two, i was thinking three becuase i did three things, enter two lines then find a position for where the vehicle needs to drive to being the third... thats why i said that.. brain fart i guess. So it was even simpler than i thought.

I entered the whole region of script so you could see where to put what in relation to everything else, but as you can see the only lines you need athe the ones that say activate vehicle and the very next line with the vehicle ordered to move and the destination coordinates.................... thats it..............................two lines. you can repeat those as many times as you want for as many vehicles or enter as many all your zones as you want.

I'm still having problems, so I have made an area on the web so you guys can see exactly how I have the code and the settings in the map editor. That may help you in helping me... I hope. :wall:

If you use IE you may have to tell it to allow the picture to be enlarged. I placed full size images.

Believe me, all your input is very much appreciated.

I dont have alot of time right now to pick every little thing off but right off the bat I see that your Human is all screwed up

first of all post a panhard crew, then check the box for crew and make sure the group ID name for them matches the name you have for the group ID in the script from what i see as of right now they dont.

unless anyone else adds anything in the meantime try that... if it doesnt work repost and updated version of all your scripts and pictures like you did.

that was a good idea to do that. hope that work sfor ya

Eureka, I got it working.

My problem? ..... I can't spell!!!

A a programmer the one thing I hate is spending hours upon hours trying to debug something, only to find that I mispelled a word. In this case a ver important word.

In my code I was supposed to type <element type="ActivateGroup"...

But my brain said to type it as <element type="ActiveateGroup"...

See the problem? If not don't feel bad. I didn't see it for over two hours.

ActiveateGroup"...

That "e" isn't supposed to be there.

Since I am using Dreamweaver as an editor, it's time to make some snippets.

I'm sure this is only the beginning of my questions regarding scripting, but after staring at it and reading what others have done, I'm starting to see what's going on.

[sigh] :wall: I'll paste the word to the wall and pound it in my head.

Thanks for the help guys.

Here's my working code:

<area_group name="areatester" area_name="areatester" group="mp_players" interval="0.3" condition="1"/>

<user name="tester" type="once">

<trigger type="UnitInArea" area="areatester"/>

<event name="activate_testArea"/>

</user>	

<element type="UnitInArea" area="areatester" state="activate" start_time="2" />

</event>

<event name="activate_testArea">

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="ai1" start_time="4"/>

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="testPan" start_time="2"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="testPan" order="move" position="-3737 -6288 0" start_time="10"/>

<element type="UnitInArea" area="areatester" state="deactivate" start_time="3" />			

</event>

glad it worked out! remember: All Pokemons prefer cooperation to confrontation! :D

About Pokemons, I found an interesting quote.

Sexually transmitted diseases are like pokemons, it's not cool if you don't have them all.

Sorry for the off topic :blush:

Hey, VD is nothing to clap about.

:clapping:

Edited by RavenousNC