Sniper Cannon Marches On!!

Stalker_Zero

Hey Slink sorry for making you feel down. But theres so much more to do that I had to debute the the NTW20 in another mod.

Oh well. I just wanted to play with South African weapon.

I'm from there.

I guess I'll have to d/l the GRMEP v1.0.

:ph34r:

BTW: don't kill the cat. :unsure:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Slink You from South Africa? I'm in love with that weapon and I usually go for the American weapons. That goes to show you how much I love your country's 20mm AMR. Those guys at Mechem really are geniuses I tell ya. I love the hydraulic recoil dampening system. HIgh tech man! Love it.

I took months painstakenly modeled that ntw vertex by vertex. I modeled it like it was my baby giving it birth. I think the final think looks lovely and the .gun file will make it a fearsome weapon.

Hey Peter, I don't get what you just asked. Are you talking about mods? If so there are plenty of mods out there with some of those weapons I mentioned in the sniper cannon list. Not all but some. Just look in the downloads section in this very same site.

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Guest SOG-Phoenix

Hey Stalker-Zero

dont mean to sound exotic here but any chance of you adding an .50 cal HE round ? If so, I think it would be cool and sorry but GORY to see the hole in your targets area of impact. I remembered a RS mod that had .50 cal HE rounds in it, sorry cant remember the authors name.

While talking about exotic here, No one I know has come up with differant types of activation devices for the CLAYMORE mine yet, It would be really nice to set-up an Claymore ambush with trip-wire or proxy fuse.

I'd like to think you know about sniping like I did back in NAM, I was using the M21 system, A National Match M14 with 3x9 scope, the point am making here is the life expectancy of a SNIPER working alone is well......1 1/2 seconds without using the buddy system. Seem to remember at 9th Infantry sniper school, They said that there are 2 kinds of SNIPERS... THE QUICK AND THE DEAD !

Well. Looking forward to your mod Stalker, wish I could help you with the mod but 3DMax doesnt like windows XP pro.

GOOD WORK BRO :D

Sorry not military here but at least I'm a grown up......(sort of :P ). Anyway, I get your point but ghostrecon is limited when it comes to visible differences in ballistics. The closest I could get to what your describing is to code a weapon as a anti-tank weapon. But I am using that technique to code the 20mm amr rifles. What I do with the .50 cal weapons is code them like grenade launchers so when a tango is hit you can see him fly backward. Its a nice effect.

I hope that GR2 gets more exotic when it comes to different types of ammunition and their effect on human tissue.

ON the claymore issue......I think several people have been trying to come up with different ways of doing triggers but not with much luck I guess. Red Storm's fault again. And as for sniper teams.........it all boils down to communication. If they can come up with a way for people to communicate and coordinate better than simply relying on a third party voice app then sniper teams will become more doable. Its hard for a "spotter" to tell his buddy where the targets are in a timely matter.

When I complete the studying for my test I will be helping 300Mag assemble the ghostrecon community mod which will feature a slew of weapons including my ntw20 20mm amr. Then I will do some more models for my sniper cannon mod and attempt some incredible ghillie suits to go along with it. In case you have forgotten here is a render of what my NTW20 20mm model looks like. Cya all soon.

bak-ntw1222d.jpg

if you need any modelers stalker id be glad to help, although im not too skilled in skinning weapons yet i can model them and i have a little mod i created with plentyful guillie suits for the sniper. so if you need some help just give me your email and ill contact you :rocky:

Guest SOG-Phoenix

Hey Stalker

Thanks for the reply bro and That weapon really looks SWEET !

SOTO-MAC did a mod call SPV3, and it was the 1st one that address the need not only for the PRIMARY weapons that a sniper uses but also gave the sniper a CQB weapon. CQB= Close Quarters Battle. His latest mod is OUT-STANDING and if I remember I did thank him for coming out with SPV4.

I know its a shame but still I wished that game engine would be so Flexiable enough to allow EXOTIC weapons and effects in the game( no am not talking STAR-WARS type but real ballistics and such ). Am just hoping that GR2 makes up for it !

Anyway Keep Up The Good Work Bro !!!

It is almost like being in a committee but I am going to campaign hard for snipers to get decent secondary weapons. AT least a subgun. But I might be fought on the issue of putting scopes on the subgun. I will do what I can. This is turning out to be a major mod.

First off, the assault armory has been swallowed whole and will be incorporated into this mod which is going to be called the: Ghostrecon Modders Expansion Pack 1.0 (GMEP 1.0)

It is almost like being in a committee but I am going to campaign hard for snipers to get decent secondary weapons. AT least a subgun.
i agree with you Stalker. a lot of times i have to get into cqb's and get killed much too easily due to the fact i only carry a sniper rifle. the handgun has only saved me twice lol.

Just wondering Stalker if you were going to add cammo skins to the rifles? I know, I know, "Jesus you don't want much" hehehe just thought I would ask. I too can't wait for your mod but I agree don't rush it either

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

I'm concentrating with the guys to get the ghostrecon community mod out the door. But new ideas keep comin up.

We are trying to create some female commando skins now to compliment the community mod. When all is done then I will get the sniper cannon mod out the door. :o=:o=:hehe:

As for ghillie covered m82s.....I'm getting others to work on it. I'm having a basic uncovered silenced m82 model done for the community mod. Then I am going to cover it with leaves and such for the sniper cannon mod. Wish us luck.

Edited by Stalker_Zero

SA weapons? What about em? My comment above was for being late with this mod thats all. My fault. I should have mentioned the existence of this mod when I was near completion.

Just mentioned it.

I didn't know much about what you were talking about so to save us both embarresment I said so.

I do feel sorry about the mod being delayed. Oh well.