De-dust

Rocky

I think I will do as my PC did at this point - come clean.

Not being a PC guru, I didn't have one of the cans of compressed air that you tech-head PC anoraks probably have within arms reach right now.

So I grabbed the nearest and next best thing - the hoover (vacuum cleaner US friends). Fitted the nozzle attachment and placed the nozzle between the various board thingies plugged into the motherboard (that's the mobo techheads)

Not being totally familiar with the modern day household cleaning appliances, I was a tad surprised at the raw suction power that roared into life when I hit the on switch with my left hand, the right hand holding the nozzle in position.

I was quite surprised when the whole tower unit liftted clean off the floor when I attempted to remove the nozzle from it's vice like grip on the motherboard.

I have to admit, the dust was as gone as Bagdad Bob though.

Job Done.

LOL, your vaccum sure is powerful, :lol::lol: you are so lucky you didn't break your motherboard, I would have love to have seen that it probably was really funny.

In hindsight it was.

What was not so funny was the Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep I got when I tried and failed to restart the PC. :o

It took me 18 hours to figure the problem out, and I am too embarrised to say, although some tech-head will probably recognise that beep for the Award BIOS and guess what I did.

What was not so funny was the Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep I got when I tried and failed to restart the PC. :o

It took me 18 hours to figure the problem out, and I am too embarrised to say, although some tech-head will probably recognise that beep for the Award BIOS and guess what I did.

Oh my!!! I can't quit laughing, sorry Rocky I know it's not that funny for you. Hope no permanant harm was done. ;)

I use a small compressor for airbrushing with a nozzle to blow out the stuff, canned air can't compete with 70psi of pure blowing power.

As for Stinger's initial comment, probably me, but mine was never that dusty. It just had some fine dust built up around the hsf and the surfaces the air hit against due to that 84cfm fan. It makes the stuff cake on where it hits.

It was 11pm and she was trying to watch telly while I wrestled with the vacuum and the tower unit, it was like trying to pull teeth.

I was quite surprised when the whole tower unit liftted clean off the floor when I attempted to remove the nozzle from it's vice like grip on the motherboard.

Sorry Rocky (AKA “dances with vacuum cleaners”), I’ve got a “mental image” and I just can’t stop laughing . .. . . :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not being a PC guru, I didn't have one of the cans of compressed air that you tech-head PC anoraks probably have within arms reach right now.
Hey !, how did you know about my secret stash :P

Nice Try Rocky that is no way your computer. :lol:

That's a satellite photo of Iraq! I saw that same photo on CNN this morning it’s a pic of the outskirts of Baghdad. Look close you can see the airport.

That's pretty funny though...the inside of your computer! :lol::lol:

• 11 months later...