I've made the switch

Armed Assault still has no US or UK publisher,

Can you imagine this place if Ubisoft sign them up. :o

oops double posted and dont know how to delete my entire post so i'll just change it.

By the way the new forum looks really nice.

You can't delete, only edit (for a limited time). This was due to disruptive members.

Glad you like the new design.

AA release date in Poland is 10 Nov and i just cant wait :) I hope it will not disappoint as much as GRAW did ( i think it is even unposible :) ) . Look here , you have a short movement animation presentation here, compare this drop to prone from run to a GRAW chest slide ROFL :) It shows how much arcade GRAW is. And check the frag detonation in the end ! All this smoke :wub: , compare it to a GRAW flash like weird frag detonations. :)

PS. Ok now im waiting to be flamed :rambo:

Edited by Joseph_Q

And you post this for what reason? Just to stir things up.

I thought my point is clear... I posted (in "im switching to AA" topic :) ) that im also switching to AA from GRAW and according to prerelease vids i think that AA will be much more realistic than GRAW. Finally i posted that im expecting to be flamed because lots of ppl here cant stand that someone might not like their beloved game and ( OMG) post his thoughts in here ! :o

Is it clear now Bonehead ?

If i wish to start flamewar then i would post it in GR section not other computer games section. Not many GR fans check this part of forum. I posted this only to show my anticipation, i realy hope this game will give me what GRAW wasnt able to give.

If i wish to start flamewar then i would post it in GR section not other computer games section. Not many GR fans check this part of forum. I posted this only to show my anticipation, i realy hope this game will give me what GRAW wasnt able to give.

Not that what I think matters much, but I didn't see anything wrong with your post, mate.

I also didnt see anything wrong with his post. I found boneheads post to be very mean spirited and a bit sharp and nasty though. I don't like reading replys the way bonehead spoke to him.

:stupid:

And for someone who recognises bait so easily you sure gobbled it up quick enough ;)

I also didnt see anything wrong with his post. I found boneheads post to be very mean spirited and a bit sharp and nasty though. I don't like reading replys the way bonehead spoke to him.

:stupid:

And for someone who recognises bait so easily you sure gobbled it up quick enough ;)

I have to agrea with Dai-San after reading the hole thread, the only person who has taken eception to what has been said is you ! Untill that point it was just a thread about the pro,s n con,s of AA

So whats the point of your post ? :whistle:

What with me being a huge fan of OFP from day one, I can definitely say I'm seriously enthusiastic about ArmAs, not only because of the multi-gunner pos's (though that has something to do with it ;)) but because it will also likely build greatly upon what was possible in regards to custom content (addons), which in my opinion can only be a good thing.

As when push comes to shove, and for me at least the addons is what kept me playing OFP, espiecally those which were based around Special Operation units (mostly US, I rarely bothered with unit addons from other countries.)

And I used to quite often spend a good amount of time trying to work on Special Operation-themed missions, though rarely were they completed.

So in that regard I hope ArmAs greatly enhances the ability to create missions with ease.

Definitely a must-get, just hope they do release a demo at some stage (they certainly had planned to.)

This all said, I'll still be playing [GR] for a long long while yet, so many mods I'm looking forward to, and I have a good few installed that I use a bit, though almost never online.

Unless I host a game myself for a mate or two to join in on. And I doubt there'd be many servers that use the "exact" mods I'm "keen on", though I could be wrong (too lazy to find out, heh.)

Edited by Delta One Zero

here is a translated quote from the recent Finish interview with Paul R. Statham (aka Plaacebo), PR/Community Manager at Bohemia Interactive shamlesly cut and pasted from this thread at armaholic.

Question 7:

Do you play other military shooters out there, or online ones like Battlefield-series? Any favourites and why?

Paul: with the way that many games are developed and marketed these days it's quite hard not to be cynical here. It seems that most modern shooters aren't designed to be played, they're designed to be looked at. There are a few games that are released that seem to remember that gameplay should be a fundamental part of a game rather than than being a one trick graphical pony, but that seems to be the exception these days. More and more, games that are released are generic and diluted in terms of gameplay. Whilst it's quite nice that game development has grown to be a multi-billion dollar industry, it's a great shame indeed that the majority of games released are developed with gameplay as a secondary factor.

We like to check out the competition, to see what they're doing with their games, but for us the most fundamental and important aspect of games is gameplay, so that's what we look out for, to be honest the elements of gameplay that appeals to us most is from other genres, for example roleplaying games.

I think this really sums up what I hope is true about ArmA. I know this has been the key aspect of GR that has kept my attention for this long. I juts hope we have a US publisher or distribution channel avaliable in a timely manner.

• 1 month later...

Well, aparantly BIS did what we all wanted for GR: just update the graphics and keep the solid game play the same!!!!

I'm amazed, because when you are really into the fighting you loose sight of all the graphic beauty and just fight, well right now im playing ArmA and I nearly forget its NOT OFP... Its soo similar. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the game at the release date.

... it is totally different from GR:AW: the weapons from AW are so detailed and well

animated, in ArmA not even a mag change is really scripted. ArmA is an allround

man but GR:AW is something special.

It is really to hope that the GR community will come back to his strenght and made

the game so great as it was before.

Edited by Keen

GRAW was crap, just because the weapons looked detailed doesnt n=make it good - it won't be long before new animations and highly detailed weapons are incorporated into ArmA.

I hope the GR community comes back - but if not at least we know there will be a ######load of ArmA fans playing who enjoy MilSims.

I hope the GR community comes back - but if not at least we know there will be a ######load of ArmA fans playing who enjoy MilSims.

:) I don't think the GR community went anywhere. The varied subjects and combined interests of the members here has had me coming back daily since registering. I have many online friends that have all originated from this site. I even found my home base (Tactical Gamer) from a post at this site.

I rarely play [GR] anymore, and I never bought GRAW, yet I visit GR.net on a daily basis. This community is a strong one for sure...

Edited by en4rcment

GRAW was crap, just because the weapons looked detailed doesnt n=make it good - it won't be long before new animations and highly detailed weapons are incorporated into ArmA.

It can't be the part of an community to made "today" better parts for a game (ArmA)

that is brandnew and up to date and gives his self the claim "...best of all time!".

Gameart has changed!

yeah in truth the GR community wasn't created by the game 'Ghost Recon'. It existed before Gr and GR was created to fit us.

Even though many of us feel that GR has left us in search of another type of player we still exist as a group or gamer type. If AA happens to be closer to fitting us then naturally we'll play that game as our main fix.

This site is pretty special though so even though our main game might end up being AA or another game we'll probably all still check in here.

I totally understand.

ArmA has a lot of features GR had: you can switch between

your teammembers, it's absolutly tactical and the modding

scene moves in hyperspeed.

But it's a released beta version atm. It is really to hope that

a lot of bugs get fixed soon.

The game has a lot of potential ...

:)

Edited by Keen