Match Play

I'm posting this out of a bit of frustration. But I'll keep it clean, short, and to the point.

Clone and ACTF had a match this evening (Sunday) at 9:30pm EST. We started alittle late - I belive that was because of players not showing up.

All fine and well, lets call it a 9:45 start.

The rules of the ladder are as follows:

Team Deathmatch

No Respawns

No Tac Points

15 Minute Rounds

8 Players per side

Best of 7

We've played 3 maps sofar - match is still currently in progress - yet are we ever going to finish it? 30 minutes per map, roughly?

I would understand, if people were going to the restroom, or real life issues were popping up (phone, doors, kids, whathaveyou) that needed to be taken care of RIGHT THEN, but that's not what caused each map to be so long.

I should note that, typically, when everyone was on the server, we got started within 2 minutes.

But getting everyone ONTO the server is the problem. In the middle of switching maps, I got dropped. I now can not rejoin the server - it wont let me in. It gets stuck on "waiting for server". We waited for 5 minutes for that message to pass by without effect. Worst part about it, there is nothing that tells me if there is an error, or showing me what is hanging. I am not the only one that had this issue - this happened to two of their members and another one of ours.

Is this a common error? Frankly, this is killing the desire I had to play this game in a competitive format. No reason should it take nearly 2 hours to play 3 maps that are supposed to be 15 minutes a piece.

*sigh* I'm just frusterated.

Yah, its frustrating. Sometimes it works great...other times it takes an hour to get everyone in the server and connecting.

I have noticed that if you cannot join the server, it sometimes helps to join another one and come back. I fail to see why this would be the case, though...

Edited by BOTA:X

The disconnections withold alot of clans from matching.

We match on the fly so to say, had a game lastw eek, adn another clan showed up, asked us if we wanted a training match, kindly asked one player to leave to allow one more of their clan in and we gave them a decent beating, but on map-change everyone got dumped and we didn't see them again.... sadly :ph34r:

We ended up playing till well past 1am.

I've got 4 hours of sleep now (my own fault for staying, of course)

But that doesn't mean it should take 5 *curses* hours for a match!

I havent had the problems you have had mik..but drop me an email (see below) ill talk to u about this see if a possible rule adjustment on TWL can make the matches more comfortable for people. However, the way i read ur post means its a GRAW issue not a rule issue. Just email me with the details and ill see if i can dig something up for you to fix it?!??!

-Agent

Definately not a TWL rule issue. Basically the problem is players dropping out for the usual issues we have all been seeing, launching a nade in close quarters, being disconnected for "altered game files" and such. Once a few players were out of the room they could not rejoin for one reason or another. Once we got the rounds started there were really no problems.

Great match as usual Clone. Looking forward to seeing some more of these clans join the competition on TWL http://www.teamwarfare.com , had a few join last week, looks like competition is finally starting to take off.

It is difficult to match at times. we had no issues in our last couple matches but early on it was very very frustrating (know we dropped a match with AOD because their hacks kept bogging down the server i mean gamespy issues yeah that's it) :) <3

Working great with ac on then shut off at start of match... we are matching clone right now ( i am sitting a round)

Also you can join by ip... add the server to your favorites via IP.

then gamespy list won't cause an issue. you can get our server ip from our homepage...

it is 141.158.133.236

add it to your fav's and you will see no matter what the name is.

I can see the frustration in matches being interrupted (honestly, cripled) by the frequent drops the OP mentioned. I think that's toward the extreme end of the spectrum, though.

Minutes ago, I was playing with the rest of 30+ on our first official GRAW practice (I suppose), and we also had a lot of other folks join in. At one point I think we were pretty close to capacity. Well over half most of the night. We played for two hours, give or take, before I left. A couple drops occurred, but I think just about anyone who attempted to log back in succeeded. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Anyhow, I THINK it could work.

Of course, I'm as big a fan as the next guy of getting this fixed and stabilizing the SADS. Given that, I think we can have a great time with this game! I sure had a blast tonight, and boy was it GREAT to be back in a server with the guys...

Yah, its frustrating. Sometimes it works great...other times it takes an hour to get everyone in the server and connecting.

I have noticed that if you cannot join the server, it sometimes helps to join another one and come back. I fail to see why this would be the case, though...

I've not played GRAW yet, will be getting my new gfx tomorrow :D but I used to experience this with Farcry online, or more specifically the Obsidian Edge mod. This also uses Gamespy and I beieve that is the issue. From what I recall the problem was the server you drop from still 'remembers' your account and as such doesn't let you back in as it thinks you are still there!

logging into another server was the only route around then and I'm guessing this is a similar issue???

Proposed Match

Rule Tweak:

The team that has the most number of the players that can get in the Server and not drop wins!!! :D

Sorry back to GR Modding Forums :(

Picks up ball and goes home.....

No drops during our matching... sorry to spoil your fun.

Leave anticheat on untill all have joined and got checked.

then disable via console.

Drop issue resolved for matching.

' date='Sep 26 2006, 11:31 AM' post='424280']

No drops during our matching... sorry to spoil your fun.

Leave anticheat on untill all have joined and got checked.

then disable via console.

Drop issue resolved for matching.

Hey Roco, who won last night? Give some details, too... 4v4? Best of 3?

We beat Clone on TCZ. They have beaten us prior so it was a very intense match... I'll post what i posted at TCZ...

Very intense...

1st map shanty town... AFZ = 2 wins Clone = 1 win and 1 draw

2nd map Avenues AFZ = 2 wins and 1 draw

All rounds played went to the wire.. full 10 minutes.

Great Games CLONE!

The matching is as good, if not better currently then GR1. Without grids sometimes frustrating but we have worked a system of calling out area's that helps a lot.

It was the 4vs 4, but we played 6 vs 6 as you can play with more.

Rules are best of 3 maps. 3 rounds each. If you take 2 complete maps you win.

We chose the 1st map, clone chose the 2nd. (TY to Grin for change_map in console)

We are also listed on TWL and will be matching on both TWL and TCZ.

Matches are definately possible and a blast... i also got one spawn to spawn nade kill on there leader (that should bring back memories from GR1 to all the old timer clans)

The matching is very intense as there are a lot of places to hide. A good team can clear them though. Also we found team kills count against you. clone had one and though 1 less dead guy then us got a TIE (DRAW) on shanty as the tk evened it out.

I recommend any clan that can put up a server and likes TVT do so and join TCZ and TWL

Ty bonehead... it was the best way to check the players then turn it off.

Had it enabled...

after everyone joined did a

set_anticheat false

/reload

told everyone to check kits as it resets the map.

We even ran a lag test LOL! (since we could restart the round) on the map we played the 1st round on.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Mode? Dom? TDM? Respawns?

(I know this information is available at the respective league's websites, but it applies to the topic).

Both ladders are:

TDM, no respawns, no tac points, match time 10 min per round.

TWL is one round per map, first to win 3 maps takes the victory

http://www.teamwarfare.com/rules.asp?set=G...n+No+Tac+Points

TCZ is first to win 2 maps wins (first to win 2 rounds takes the map)

http://www.thecombatzone.net/ladder_view.php?id=33