Mission Boundry

Fletch

I understand the need for some people to be led to the objective in the shortest time/route possible but sometimes it gets pretty restrictive. On VIP 2 is down for example I wanted to position either myself or one of the AI behind the Embassy to deal with any threats coming that way. Your less that 100 meters from VIP2 and right on the edge of the embassy when you get the boundary warning. Plus after you've played this game 100 times already you like to explore different ways of doing the mission rather than rush straight in frontal assault.

If you don't like going the long way don't but if you want to try alternative ways of completing the mission you should be able to with out running in to inviable lines.

That would be a welcome change for me.

and for me, as long as there are tango's guarding the whole of the map, I don't want strawling around to easy shoot all tango's in the back......(so a guy manning a gun-nest should pick up his secondary if he hears me behind him....)

I think one of the MODS in the GRAW Modding section changed the maps so there was no boundaries or limit to where ghost could go on each level. the downside to this is that some events are not triggered unless you reach a specific area!

The Mod you need was written by mirr, plus it changes a lot of other things in the game so perhaps you could PM mirr to get a list of the files that you need to get the desired effect.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36527

Regards

Edited by PONDLIFE

An entire reworking of the maps would be nice, as in no boundries, enemies all spawn at the start of the mission, triggers changed as needed, etc. Even changing enemy locations, or making them more mobile, would be a welcome change I think.

Now your talking, Imagine if you will a game where the enemy AI is properly patrolling as well as set up on stationary positions. Where the time you take in getting to your next objective could put them in front of you or behind you. Where AI actually responds to you not because you set off a trigger. Where if you shoot one of them the entire enemy AI is alerted to your presence in the area, and responds just like real world enemy.

But then we need our ghosts to actually be smart as well, cause the AI would overwhelm your position in a heartbeat with the AI we have as ghosts right now.

Damn I really need that Core 2 6700 and better graphics, memory, etc..

PS: I don't think there is a game on the market right now that would compete with the real thing but think of the thrills if there were. Co-Op mode would be an absolute blast in a game like that.

Edited by Fletch

The Idea of the tango's all spawing at the start of the map would be great as it would eliminate trigger points, but i reckon it would cause a huge drain on computer cpu, and it's not like most of us can afford that!

I just wish the ghost squad would look around corners and spot enemies instead of Moon walking in full view of them shouting "tango's spotted", followed by i'm taking fire.

you should definatly try mirrs Mod if you want improved AI on Tango's and ghost squad.

Actually, several people have tested this, and after hearing their results I tried a map with 75 tangos all spawning at once. I noticed no performance difference at all. There might be an impact, but from my experience it's not much. Then again, I have a Athlon X2 4800+

The Idea of the tango's all spawing at the start of the map would be great as it would eliminate trigger points, but i reckon it would cause a huge drain on computer cpu, and it's not like most of us can afford that!

I just wish the ghost squad would look around corners and spot enemies instead of Moon walking in full view of them shouting "tango's spotted", followed by i'm taking fire.

you should definatly try mirrs Mod if you want improved AI on Tango's and ghost squad.

I hear ya thats why I jokingly wished I had my new computer already. And that moonwalk thing does get old after the first couple of times. I'll give that mod a try.

Actually, several people have tested this, and after hearing their results I tried a map with 75 tangos all spawning at once. I noticed no performance difference at all. There might be an impact, but from my experience it's not much. Then again, I have a Athlon X2 4800+

I currently have an X2-3500+, just built it last year and thought it was going to be enough for at least 5 years, lol.