Avoiding nades possible?

So of course if someone launches a grenade at you your pretty much a goner, thats obvious. Heres my question. If you see someone thrown a hand grenade at you, is it possible to avoid being killed by it? I honostly think there is not once that I have escaped death from a hand grenade throw in GRAW. I see somone throw one, I run around the corner of a building, BOOM, im dead. Earlier today somone threw a nade over my head, I ran full steam straight forward, BOOM. I am sure others have experienced this, I am just curious. What is the death radius around grenades?

I've escaped death at least once for every 3 or so grenades tossed at me in-game. If you know not only the sound of a grenades hitting/rolling near you, but also recognize the sight/sound of a nearby enemy tossing/rolling one in the first place, you can get lucky and avoid certain death.

Interesting that the OP here has the right idea. He got away as quickly as he figured he could. One thing that ROCO pointed out that I think is pertinent is being in the prone position when it goes off. Less silhouette means less shrapnel you'll take.

Tank rounds also have a rather large blast radius. And cover rarely helps. You basically don't want to be near where one explodes. So it best to try to avoid drawing their fire. What's harder (in SP) is making sure the friendly morons .. I mean AI.. ("Artificial Idiots") don't get themselves blown up. Always position them far away and well behind cover. (Like in the Embassy, put them all near the President).

Actually, I 've had the most success in the Embassy area staying on the island in the center of the roundabout. I've got best visibility to get the tanks spotted for air support and get out of the way before they have a main gun shot at me. Remembering to move your AI teammies to the side opposite of the tank is a plus, too. Their wives will appreciate it....

I actually lost Mitchell and Brown in a SP game to a friendly tank round. At the tank resupply, after you blow the enemy helo on the pad and the two cars full of rebels come, the front tank inside the hangar takes a crack at them. WELL, apparently we weren't far enough away from where one of them stopped and the blast wasted us as well.

Reality check says it would have rung our little bells anyhow, being that close. I've been nearly deafened by an Abrams about 60 meters away firing directly away from me. They're LOUD. And firing from indoors? Those guys inside would be bleeding from the ears and screaming for their mommies. You KNOW they're not wearing their earplugs...

So tank rounds are worse than grenades, and more accurate. And typically accompanied by .50 cal fire. Best course of action? Avoid tanks. Foe OR friendly.....

Do you honostly think that being prone when a nade explodes improves your chances of living? I wonder if the game is coded this way?

I know this was taken into consideration for the 360 version, but I don't know for sure with the PC version.

Do you honostly think that being prone when a nade explodes improves your chances of living? I wonder if the game is coded this way?

I think so, but not because it's coded that way. It's just that even the smallest thing can block an explosion from you, and diving on the ground makes a smaller profile that something small could block.

I don't know if any of you guys had experienced this, but I do find it weird getting injured by a nade that explodes on the other side of a brick wall you are behind. This happens to me often, especially in the Hollow map.

And it shouldn't happen. You're right....

I don't know if any of you guys had experienced this, but I do find it weird getting injured by a nade that explodes on the other side of a brick wall you are behind. This happens to me often, especially in the Hollow map.

Thats what I am saying asaHi. a nade will land, Ill dive around a corner of a building and it will still kill me. Maybe they are just always throwing the nade in a great spot, but it seems to happen an awful lot.

I had it today when i threw a grenade and it hit the wall and came back at me i was right next to a pillar to a building so i thought sh... i stood behind the pillar which covered my hole body and sure enough i didnt die and it killed two guys waiting around the corner.

I had it today when i threw a grenade and it hit the wall and came back at me i was right next to a pillar to a building so i thought sh... i stood behind the pillar which covered my hole body and sure enough i didnt die and it killed two guys waiting around the corner.

GREAT TACTIC! Fake the 'Fatal Accident' to get the double kill! BRILLIANT! ;)

Clever, but it takes some precious time of course.

Yeah, it's no good for ADV MP mostly. If you know a particular hotspot or campsite in your lane, it might help a little to mark it ahead of time and leave it marked. But then again, we only have this function in the TacMap which is only available in SP (COOP too?), so it doesn't matter. Honestly, in SP I've never felt pressed for time, so taking my sweet time and trying to make every grenade count is kinda important.

Check out the first grenade demonstration I did. You can see the rebel's head pop up right after the nade lands by him, and then BLAM! He gets launched. It's cool. That little hillclimb from CP2-3 in Quarterback is full of great grenade kill spots. If only I could get my teammates to toss them now...