my precious pesto..

Wille

just woke up this morning with my neoughbours banging on my door, I opened in a half awake state and was told one of my cats(Pesto) had fallen out of the window, I rushed down to the street and there she was :( Rushed her to the animal hospital where she will be staying for the coming days to determine if she needs surgery, im sooooooo worried :(

the price tag will run up to something aorund 2000 euros, which is about 2700 dollars I think, and they dont know if they can save her :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just woke up this morning with my neoughbours banging on my door, I opened in a half awake state and was told one of my cats(Pesto) had fallen out of the window, I rushed down to the street and there she was :( Rushed her to the animal hospital where she will be staying for the coming days to determine if she needs surgery, im sooooooo worried :(

the price tag will run up to something aorund 2000 euros, which is about 2700 dollars I think, and they dont know if they can save her :(

:( Sorry to hear about the Cat, if ya need a tap give us a shout.

Damn mate...sorry to hear about your cat, hope she makes a full and quick recovery.

One thing's in her favour though, cat's are tough! My parents cat is getting onto 18 years old now and has probably used up atleast 8 of his 9 years. Among other things he's been found in a ditch after a close encounter with a car and needed his lower jaw put back together again with steel wire, been bitten in the neck by a snake (huggorm) and was pretty darn weak untill given antivenom by a vet and been bit pretty badly by a fox.

Can't say he looks the best nowadays but he's still the same lovable grumpy cat I know....and fear. You don't want to be playing with an 11 kilo male cat using your hands and fingers as bait! I've got the scars to prove it's a bad idea :blink:

During a fall, a cat can reflexively twist its body and right itself using its acute sense of balance and flexibility. [15] This is known as the cat's "righting reflex." It always rights itself in the same way, provided it has the time to do so during a fall. Thus, high (multi-story) falls can be less dangerous to them than those of only a few meters. Many cases are known of cats falling from substantial heights (5 to 10 stories) and surviving almost unscathed.

I would be quite confident :thumbsup: she's a Wintertidh after all :D

I'm not a cat lover, hate them actually, but a pet's a pet - hope yours makes a good recovery.

Awh, I knew you were familiar.... you're my angry neighbour isn't it? LOL :D

I'm a cat lover, really next to kids cat's are the most fun.....

A weekend ago, I brought home a paper bag (normally we have plastic bags) and i had the paper bag on the couch with my hand in crackling the bag. Cat jumps up and wants to play.... my hand held still for some moments and after that a loud crackle, had to pull the cat off the seiling :D she jumped at least a meter high w00t

banana-boxes are a great hit too, just use a pencil to make sound around the little holes..... :thumbsup:

Willie I hope your cat gets well soon ;)

@Forrester: If you really want to drive a cat nutso what you should use is a laserpointer. You would not believe the amounts of fun I used to have with my cat making her chase that little red dot all around the apartment. :rofl:

Although you might want to keep away from pointing it at walls and anything breakable. I had to pay for having most of the apartments wallpaper redone when I moved out as it had clawmarks all over the place <_<

she is a bit more stabile now and her blood levels are somewhat normal so they dont think they will need to do surgery as her lungs seems to heal themselves pretty ok and its not too much air leaking out..so it seems she will make it, but she will stay in the hospital until they know for sure

thanks for the support, it might seem silly to non-cat owners but its actually quite the stress when something like this happens :santa:

edit:

I just spoke to the vet and they have do more xrays of her legs and she wont stand on her front legs, if they are broken the price tag goes up to 2500euros or something like 3000 dollars, but the option is to put her down, and that wont happen

Shall we pass the electronic hat and initiate a 'Help Save Pesto' fund? Whatever it takes. I'm in.

Poor Pesto... :'(

thats allright, I actually already talked to the bank about a loan, ill have her work extra at burger king when she recovers to pay me back!

In the case that finances are already taken care of for our beloved Pesto, may I at least recommend a show of solidarity in the "Get Well, Pesto!" movement, by adding a link to this thread in your signatures to draw attention to the plight of this poor kittie...

When I get back in 3 weeks, I certainly hope to hear good news of Pesto's progress. Think happy thoughts...

A dear friend of mine just lost a pet. Natural causes, I believe. It's a bit sensitive a topic to ask for details, thus why I don't know the circumstances.

It's life altering. It really is. A pet, particularly one that has been a part of your life for years, IS a family member. While not as traumatic as loving a human family member, it's still a great shock.

I know you didn't lose Pesto, but the risk is still there, as he/she recovers. I do truly understand the suffering you must be going though, while I can only guess at the trauma the poor cat must have suffered.

In all seriousness, when Pesto is home, and healthy, drop me a PM, Wille. I'll do whatever it takes to put a present for Pesto in your mailbox. A hand knit cat toy (as my wife is an avid knitter) and/or some treats/toys.