Grim DeDust V2

GRIM-GENERAL

Ok for crying out loud :rocky:

I will move some ai around for you fella's and release it with the a full grim mappack.

I plan to put all of my maps in one installer after I complete the [GR] and siege for the rest of them.

I did move the AI a little in the night version so you could spawn a few times out of the line of fire.

Thanks for all the input :thumbsup:

PLEASE don't make it easier!!! Or if you must... can you give it a new name so we can keep the "hard" version.

THANK YOU for all your awesome work. Gonna dl this today and give it a try...

since I'm a pansy... I use as many respawns as I need.

Ok for the people "caugh crybabies caugh" w00t , who think DeDust is to hard. The enemy soldier you need to be concerned with in the day version is the enemy on your left, in the respawn "on the concrete pad with you". I placed him there so a hidden passage could be found "CRATES".

Hit the deck spin left kill that enemy and baam your set. No need to die and use multiple respawns. If you feel the need after that point. A noob tube can clear all the rest of the AI in the starting zone without being taken out yourself. Evilducky and I have reached 30+ kills before dieing in this mission without the use of gl/grenades.

Edited by GRIM-GENERAL

Great reconstruction of the DeDust map, General. Great work, superb. :thumbsup:

Not sure about the overwatched spawn tho. It's not a measure of ability but luck. If you spawn in front of the Tango by the crate you have a sporting chance, if you spawn near the ramp in front of the San Miguel Shooting Club you dead and a bit more dead whether you go prone or try to leg it out of there. The cads do not even offer a last cigarette or a blindfold!

Gotta chance to try out the map yesterday and must say that it is absolutely stunning!! Really! I only played the old De Dust in [GR] so don't know what the "original" looked like.

But this one is truely nice. :bounce:

I get quite a bit of lag... I guess due to the large numbers of tangos. It's okay at first, then gets worse for a bit. Then after I kill about half of 'em it calms down.

Had trouble getting into the basement "secret" room where I know there are about 10 tangos hiding. Frags or GL would not blow it.

The enemies are hidden until triggered by a "unit in area" zone.

Shouldnt be them making your game lag.

The lag tends to come from grenade and grenade launcher use. The green crates have

a huge effect area so when they are blown up they can cause a bunch lag.

I almost took them out of the map but the green crates made it look more like the gr1 version.

Edited by GRIM-GENERAL

Played it again with someone (via LAN) and again encountered really bad lag. Was almost like a slide show for a while. The lag started after crossing the fire in that secret passage that is to the right of the initial spawn. Lag continued (only for me, btw) for about 10 min then stopped.

Hmmm. Maybe it started when blowing the crates that lead from the passage mentioned above into that main underground tunnel. I'll try it again sometime without blowing this extra passageway. I had tried it once before but could not actually get thru this passageway and had no lag.

But it is still an awesome map. Very nice.

You did a great job.

AJ

Wow I love this map, it makes me recall the days of old RS games :P

The lag is caused by crate blown ups, I guess it would be solved with that PhyX card.

How could be kick off those broken crates? should we blow them up instead of shooting? They're just blocking the passages >_<

They crates tend to be destoyed differently each time never having the same results. The GL is the best way to take care of them but the GL in the new 1.30 version sometimes crashes the clients game. If you going to shoot the crates apart I recommend starting with the bottom crate and work your way up. This causes the crates to fall away from the entrances. I just run thru them wiggiling my mouse back and forth when the are still blocking the path. Also I have plans to remove the lagging green crates in the next version.

Edited by GRIM-GENERAL