OK, not quite given up...M4 in progress

SnowFella

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, right now I'm going to hold off on making anything new or updating this mod with new files atleast untill the rumoured 1.35 patch comes out. Chances are that the release of a new patch might break this mod and I'd have to remake some files to make it work again.

@Keen: Hmmm...thought it was a Colt M203 that I had made :huh: It's based on an older model though so it's possible that I've got something wrong. Exactly what differences are you talking about?

Edit: ahhh...I see what you are talking about now Keen! The original model that I've adapted to GR:AW comes from a :ph34r: project that I was working on over a year ago and is based on an Indonesian Pindad SPG1A launcher. Aparently it's got some differences in the rear of the trigger housing.

@ Snowfella

You did nothing wrong! :) Just as you said, it's another model. I'm so glad

to have this mod now!

Edit: You created a Knight's M4 Silencer. Is it your purpose that the silencer

is present on every rifle now?

Edited by Keen

The M4 is truely awesome. Not only does it look great, but it also works great!!

My only hope is that GRIN has the sense to add it to the next patch so that we can all use it online.

Well done and thank you very much!!

@Keen: About the silencer model. I tried setting things up so the M4QD can only was used on the M4 but unfortunately I couldn't find any reference in the .xml files that says what model will give the suppressed effect. So nomatter what I tried with the M4QD it the M4 always sounded unsuppressed even with it mounted.

So in the end I got forced to, through an .xml edit, overwrite the original primary suppressor model.

There is a big note about it in the readme file, including how to revert back to the original model.

@Keen: About the silencer model. I tried setting things up so the M4QD can only was used on the M4 but unfortunately I couldn't find any reference in the .xml files that says what model will give the suppressed effect. So nomatter what I tried with the M4QD it the M4 always sounded unsuppressed even with it mounted.

So in the end I got forced to, through an .xml edit, overwrite the original primary suppressor model.

There is a big note about it in the readme file, including how to revert back to the original model.

Thanks

So, I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread, but are you planning to update it to SOPMOD Block II standards?

Update the stock to the Crane stock

Replace the Aimpoint with an EOTech 553 in flat dark earth

Replace the M4 RAS with either a Daniel Defense RIS2 or Knight's URX II (No way is the SIR-II going to win) in flat dark earth.

Replace the grip-pod with a Tango Down grip.

Replace the AN/PEQ-2 with an ATPIAL

See this: http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006smallarms/taylor.pdf

Edited by Mig1

Snowfella,

This M4 mod is amazing!!! It is so nice to see an M4 in this game. Now we need to see the Ghosts shed their space marine uniforms as well (GRIN). 0:)

Thank you so much for not givig up on this mod. :)

silent_op

Just do it youself. Switch to the marine character already in the game. ;)

Check this topic. You can apply it to any character, just switch apperance in the XML files.

omigod. that looks absolutely fantastic!

About your M203, you're not 100% correct there (but you're certainly not wrong)

The first M4, the M4 carbine (without rails), needed to have the bottom handguard removed to mount the M203. but with the "new" M4A1 with the R.I.S the US Military forces adopted the M203A1 which can be mounted on the bottom rail. No biggie tho, still looks great, and you can't really make out the difference

It would also be pretty god damn awesome if we could turn Off the AN/PEQ and flashlight, cause they can get a lil bit annoying after a while (especially the huge red blob from the PEQ unit)

but once again. thank you. Tack så mycket!

Snowfella,

This M4 mod is amazing!!! It is so nice to see an M4 in this game. Now we need to see the Ghosts shed their space marine uniforms as well (GRIN). 0:)

silent_op

Check this topic. You can apply it to any character, just switch apperance in the XML files.

i think he meant more guys like these ;)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/Spe...sk_Force_20/aak

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/Spe...Afghanistan/aam

@Nutlink: I wish there was a way to turn the lights on and off aswell mate...there could possibly be ways to do it but I haven't been able to figure any out as I'm no scripter, just getting the .xml files for this mod in order is pushing my programming skills.

@Mig1: Not at this stage mate. I'm right now enjoying taking a break from modding, can't say it stops my mind thining about future plans though...lol

@Cirap: Acctually think you have your facts about the M203 launchers alittle wrong mate ;)

What you are thinking about is the M203PI that you can mount the the 6 o'clock rail, asfar as my research and active army contacts have found out that launcher has never been issued to army units.

M203 variants:

M203

m203grenade.gif

Original M203 mounted on an M4...12 inch barrel length

M203A1

PICT0389.jpg

9 inch barrel

M203 PI ELGM

M203PI.JPG

Snow is correct. The military did extensive testing and no rail mounted M203 varient was found to be robust enough to pass the grade.

This is the reason the SOPMOD Block 2 RAS-2 was specified to have a removable lower rail, to allow traditional mounting of the existing M203.

As a side note, the FN EGLM as seen on the FN SCAR also won the SOPMOD Block 2 grenade launcher competition. So it will be seen on M4's as well.

Snowfella,

silent_op

That is a good idea, I think I'll try that out. However I was really hinting at this thread:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=422211

Character models like the "Delta" ones above with Snowfella's M4s would be spot on, exactly the way GR:AW should have looked in the first place.

silent_op

Well, I ain't about to start porting characters....from the Xbox or any other platform! :nono:

GR:AW is what it is, like it or not...and if you don't like it well pull a finger out and acctually make something new for it. The exporter plugins has been released for months now and asfar as I know I'm the only one who's acctually released any new model content :wall:

As my modding career ended for GR I ought to of expected GR:AW modding to take the same turn once I released something. PM's and emails are flowing in about things ppl think ought to be changed, about stuff they want to see and requests to use the models in other mods...and they ain't even been released a week yet.

I half and half knew it was a bad idea to head down this road but I did it anyways. :wall:

well man, as stated before. 3ds Max is not a programs that we all can just run down to the store to grab. Also its not a program that we all can just learn over night. This is complicated and alot of people just cant figure it out. Be happy that your good at the program, and now you can be greedy and make all this cool stuff for yourself and leave us all who arnt as gifted as you are in the programing party out. Yes, you are the first out putting out models, but you also might be one of the only ones that knows how to use the model program that had time to work on this stuff. I tried to learn 3ds max and there are no real good tutorails out there to really teach you this stuff.

hey Snow dont sweat it bud i know what ya sayin , im new here far as posting goes but ive been modling for years myself an since you lead the way with the m4 (which is damn nice btw) ive been playing the modding since the tools started working properly an just finished a new barrett all be it an altered model of the stocker for now till i figure out the new hyrachy system its nuts from what in used to but will get it sorted maybe ya can gimme some pointers.

basically ive made an m82A1 old school 50 semi auto altho ive had to use the scarh mag as mine wont even show , dont get any errors but it just aint there :(

if your interested i'll fire ya a copy to play with.