OK, not quite given up...M4 in progress

SnowFella

If I were to make another new weapon for GR:AW it would most likely be the new Bofors AK5C :drool:

That would be sooooo SWEEET! :D

EDIT: And you have most of the base already I see in that screenshot. Come to think of it, the SCAR has many parts that looks (and probably are) the same as on the FNC series.

Edited by Wolfsong

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eagle_Eye: I do know the F88 variants and it's attachments fairly well mate....live downunder and regularly play VBS1 using the ADF modules. Unfortunately it just ain't worth the hassle to make something like that for GR:AW as it wouldn't work without new animations. If I were to make another new weapon for GR:AW it would most likely be the new Bofors AK5C :drool:

Hey Penrith? I live out near Richmond lol.

Grose Vale...

ut about the F88, thats understandable mate.

Im not a modeler/animator but i no how much goes into it.

Maybe oneday there will be aussie weapons in a stock game :'( lol

You guys now what game beats the crap outta GRAW?

Tom Clancy's RAINBOW 6 VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!! that games pwns.

and its got AKs, AUGs, Spaz 12, desert eagle, racing bull usp adn a bunch more guns that i havnt a clue what the names are. ITs made by Ubi too so It'l proly have the same type of files. I don't know though cuz I nvr modded GRAW much.

Oh dear, looks like some-one's not getting their damage deposit back. :P:unsure:

Mind you, looks like GRAW ain't getting alot of it's [GR] elements back either. So for now I'll stick with my DoW, at least we can mod anything in that game. Unpack the game archives, copy the folder structure and place in your new .lua & .tga files, and the other respective file formats where needed. Simple but effective.

Edited by WytchDokta

and its got AKs, AUGs, Spaz 12, desert eagle, racing bull usp adn a bunch more guns that i havnt a clue what the names are. ITs made by Ubi too so It'l proly have the same type of files. I don't know though cuz I nvr modded GRAW much.

Completely different engine, completely different files. Besides, GRAW was decent on the PC. Vegas has lowered the standards even more and is almost as bad of a flop as Lockdown.

You ever gonna model some class firearms Snow? :P

You mean there's no class in that G3 mate? :'(

All I can hope for then is that the next 3 on my "to do" list has enough class to please you mate. They be an FN FAL 50.64, Galil ARM 5.56 and an AKMS....plus a few selected shotguns (Benelli M3 Super 90, Remington 870 and Mossberg 500)

You ever gonna model some class firearms Snow? :P

You mean there's no class in that G3 mate? :'(

All I can hope for then is that the next 3 on my "to do" list has enough class to please you mate. They be an FN FAL 50.64, Galil ARM 5.56 and an AKMS....plus a few selected shotguns (Benelli M3 Super 90, Remington 870 and Mossberg 500)

Are you stocking up so hopefully you can throw them right into GRAW 2?

I hate Vegas, if you want to play a R6 game go back to the days of rouge spear etc. Vegas is nothing but a run n' gun arcade fps game.

Have you even played it?

Run n gun... lol.

If you dont take cover you die....

I had alot of what people asked for in GR:AW... I Personally love it.. crank it on extreme and the AI is amazing. the guns work awsome, the range of abilities you have is unlimited...

This hammered graw, but it was a differant type of game, GRAW = WAR | RB6V = CTvT

I hate Vegas, if you want to play a R6 game go back to the days of rouge spear etc. Vegas is nothing but a run n' gun arcade fps game.

[/quote

Have you even played it?

Run n gun... lol.

If you dont take cover you die....

you look for plot in a game?W T F?

Its a real swat game. Takes some serious skill to beat.

Edited by Commander Outcast

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, with latest developments it's once again time to reinstate my earlier thoughts about giving this whole scene the finger.

In the last week and a half there's been 2 instances of edited M4 files getting offered for download by other "modders", folks that seem to be fully capable of skinning and modeling but totally unable to read and understand a simple readme file :wall:

I have officially had it this time around the block and I'm giving up....do whatever the F you feel like with said M4 files as they are the very last ones you will see released by me for any GR based game, I'm abandoning the [GR] HEAT project and my GR:AW 2 weapons project as of right now.

@Rocky: if you read this mate please whipe my account on this forums, it's not going to be used any further.

Snow

Yeah, this is very unfortunate - I just discovered SnowFellas M4 Mod last week (been so busy with work the last few months that I've hardly had the chance to game at all until last week).

Hope you hang in there SnowFella...

I can't believe that this has happened again. Regardless of how long they have been on this site or modding, the fact that this has occurred for a third time when your feelings were well documented both in the forums and the readme shows both a lack of common sense and common courtesy with these individuals.

Some just don't understand (or care about) the implications of their actions.

Snow, while I think I can understand your frustration, this place won't be the same without you.

Don't go.

In doing so I'll however make the M4 and MEU SOC free to the public, use them as you see fit from now on ...

Not to start any major fights here, but I remember him going on about this before, and I am sad to see snow go because his M4 was truely amazing, but it seems as though you already said they can use it freely...

Trust me F**ckwit today isn't the day to keep ###### me off as I'm very likely right now to rip you a new one good enough that I'll get myself banned. Not that it will be anything of a loss as this forums has been going down the ######ter ever since the influx in the last year of GR:AW whingers started taking place. My only regret is that I most likely won't get the chance to come back in again and reply to asswipes like you.

To reply to your other little thread...yeah I know you can't model for ###### because if you could chanses are you would understand where I'm coming from and that you would of made your beloved Aug yourself. Hell I could model/texture an Aug in hours if I wanted to. But as your current skill level seems limited to slapping together some different colours in photoshop, something a reasonably talented moneky could manage I guess you will never understand.

As for this crap

Thats what was done, it was re-distrubuted, by accident... and it was not edited..

Just as your readme says. The M4 SOPMOD is as you created it, and BTW, i cant model for ###### so dont jump to the conclusion that i can.

As soon as you repackaged it into a new .zip file with additional files it's edited, period.

I don't know if I'm cursed or what's going on but every mod/model I've ever released has been the subject of mod theft of some form.

*Ares Shrike----DA4.9 (oh woopsie...sorry moderators I know you prefer us not to mention that name <_< )

*XM8 Armory----Realism mod whatever version it was

*SWEBAT Beta----various models to various sources....including thales/asswipe :devil: as he tried nicking several models for his half assed projects

*An Eotech model for VBS1 that 2 days after I let one person use it started surfacing on other ppl's models

*a Diemaco package for the Canadian Army where a team member took it upon himself to repaint my textures and ship without even telling me.

*USMC Upgrade for VBS1---another teammember desided to edit the beta he was testing as he didn't like the loadouts.

And there are others aswell I'm sure as I've gracefully made and donated a crapload of characters to various GR modders over the years.

:wall:

So needless to say I've F88cking had it with modding games in general, especially modding for this community. When I started out so long ago ppl were appreciative of the effort us modders put in and respected our wishes when it came to our hard work. Nowadays that isn't the case however, release something and all of a sudden we are expected to keep on giving, and giving. We are expected to at your very wish give up our copyright, hell we never got payed for the hours we put in so what would be the harm in asswipes ripping all that hard work off you think? Well, I can tell you this...that whole mentality has driven more talented ppl away from this forum and GR modding that what you could bare to think of, just this very week you have lost a handful of ppl that gave their hard work for free to the community...way to go ID10T's! It will soon just be the noob wannabies that try modding for you and judging by their skill level and aparent lack of wanting to learn to get better you ain't going to like what they have to give.

Snow....signing off....Foxtrot Uniform

PS: for those who get a kick out of this post you better do a print screen and save it rather quick as it's not likely to be allowed to stand for more than a few minutes by our beloved moderators.