Quitting GR.net

ToW-Angel

I've been here a little over 3 months, and people have pointed out how long I've been here in an attempt to insult me, humiliate me and attempts to make me look like an idiot.

You have called me condenscending also...

How many insults must I take before I get ###### off enough to say or do something? Some of you have broke the proverbial camels back.

While I respect Rocky, the admins/staff and a few individuals here, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the way this community acts and treats other people. While this is only a forum, and people say that words do not convey true meanings, I can read every word you say very clear.

There is a cliche'... "New eyes can see new and different things." A flaw that I see non-the-less by the way I've been treated. I was new here, and that gives me a new and different view of things that people that have been here since the beginning cannot see.

Things like [GR]'ers vs GR:AW'ers. When there are two sides, there is a division in the middle and it is very strong, very prevelant and obvious to anyone who is new here. You don't see it because you've been here too long and are stuck in your ways.

I have been condemned because I've not played a retail version of a game where I've been told to buy, install a bunch of mods and the what-not. Demo and the retail version will most definitely play the same, regardless of what you say.

You have also condemned me for saying things, which you've clearly taken out of context instead of just asking me what I meant. You were absolutely determined to do your utmost best to have me leave these forums.

I can name names, point out to people in various different threads where you've basically called me an idiot, tried to humiliate me, defame me and many other things. So, when it got to the point I couldn't put up with the crap anymore and I put my foot down to it, I get my butt chewed out for it. I was even accused by someone (again not naming names) of being the instigator of this bickering and hatred. This person was most definitely wrong and doesn't have the full story, and even that person took what I've said entirely out of context (with an exception of going off on someone).

If there's any guilt to be had here, it's the way some of you have treated me. You should feel ashamed of yourselves... To treat someone like a piece of crap from almost day one, like some kind of horrible hazing gone wrong that never ends.

If I were to point out the names of people that have insulted me, the list would be tremendously long, but would serve no point to it except to point out the true trouble makers. You call yourselves FANS of GR... I say to you that you do not know what a true fan is. A fan is someone who admires something. Of course you admire [GR], but you don't admire GR:AW, and you are in the GR:AW PC forums. I thought this was a fansite? I can see some fans here, but I certainly do not see many of them.

I've honestly had enough of the crap that I've been handed by various individuals, and I honestly do not have to put up with it any longer. So, I'm asking that an admin, staff or moderator to delete my account on this site, as I will never be returning due to the treatement that I have recieved here.

I truly feel bad for Rocky, staff and moderators for having to put up with the amount of crap that goes on.

Rocky, I am sorry. But what I've said here is the straight up truth about how things are here. Many will start to say crap after my account is, hopefully, deleted about me and in this thread.

With that said, I am finished here and you will not see me coming back.

Goodbye.

p.s. FYI, the only thing I ever did was defend myself against the mob.

Edited by ToW-Angel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shoot i nuked my graw dvd ... only like 2 had a problem with it....

w/e your having problems with cant be that bad. Anyways.... iv left twice already some years ago.. and came back.

to rocky i feel the worse for.. Grnet community was great untill the GR2 announcment came... things started going down hill...

Edited by Prozac360

I've been here a little over 3 months, and people have pointed out how long I've been here in an attempt to insult me, humiliate me and attempts to make me look like an idiot.

How many insults must I take before I get ###### off enough to say or do something? Some of you have broke the proverbial camels back.

While I respect Rocky, the admins/staff and a few individuals here, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the way this community acts and treats other people. While this is only a forum, and people say that words do not convey true meanings, I can read every word you say very clear.

There is a cliche'... "New eyes can see new and different things." A flaw that I see non-the-less by the way I've been treated. I was new here, and that gives me a new and different view of things that people that have been here since the beginning cannot see.

Things like [GR]'ers vs GR:AW'ers. When there are two sides, there is a division in the middle and it is very strong, very prevelant and obvious to anyone who is new here. You don't see it because you've been here too long and are stuck in your ways.

I have been condemned because I've not played a retail version of a game where I've been told to buy, install a bunch of mods and the what-not. Demo and the retail version will most definitely play the same, regardless of what you say.

You have also condemned me for saying things, which you've clearly taken out of context instead of just asking me what I meant. You were absolutely determined to do your utmost best to have me leave these forums.

I can name names, point out to people in various different threads where you've basically called me an idiot, tried to humiliate me, defame me and many other things. So, when it got to the point I couldn't put up with the crap anymore and I put my foot down to it, I get my butt chewed out for it. I was even accused by someone (again not naming names) of being the instigator of this bickering and hatred. This person was most definitely wrong and doesn't have the full story, and even that person took what I've said entirely out of context (with an exception of going off on someone).

If there's any guilt to be had here, it's the way some of you have treated me. You should feel ashamed of yourselves... To treat someone like a piece of crap from almost day one, like some kind of horrible hazing gone wrong that never ends.

If I were to point out the names of people that have insulted me, the list would be tremendously long, but would serve no point to it except to point out the true trouble makers. You call yourselves FANS of GR... I say to you that you do not know what a true fan is. A fan is someone who admires something. Of course you admire [GR], but you don't admire GR:AW, and you are in the GR:AW PC forums. I thought this was a fansite? I can see some fans here, but I certainly do not see many of them.

I've honestly had enough of the crap that I've been handed by various individuals, and I honestly do not have to put up with it any longer. So, I'm asking that an admin, staff or moderator to delete my account on this site, as I will never be returning due to the treatement that I have recieved here.

I truly feel bad for Rocky, staff and moderators for having to put up with the amount of crap that goes on.

Rocky, I am sorry. But what I've said here is the straight up truth about how things are here. Many will start to say crap after my account is, hopefully, deleted about me and in this thread.

Goodbye.

This site is good compared to UBI.. ever try posting anything over there?

As for forum trolls, ignore them. I do. Every forum has them.

It's too bad your leaving, as I have enjoyed some (although sometimes heated until we got our understanding of what each other is trying to explain) discussions.

Goodbye.

This site is good compared to UBI.. ever try posting anything over there?

As for forum trolls, ignore them. I do. Every forum has them.

It's too bad your leaving, as I have enjoyed some (although sometimes heated until we got our understanding of what each other is trying to explain) discussions.

Tow-angel, I don't know who or what happened that cause you to leave.

I've seen trouble on other forums and left, but I always came back.

I don't want you to leave, This forum needs those who post seriously and try make GRIN improve the game even further (only some technical bugs left IMO, the rest is up to modders/mission packs)

As Roco says, loot at the ubi forum to see how bad it can be..... ignore trolls and you'll be fine.

See you on the battlefields

:( sorry to see you leave under these circumtances Angle,

In fact im sorry to see anybody leave like this :huh: I have stayed out of the great GR v GRAW debate, and im not going to air my view on here either.

But i can honestly say after reading the forums over the last few mounths, " If i was an admin there would be about 6 ppl that i would ban here and now :nono: All they seem to do is jump on any positive post about GRAW and rip it to shreeds. Then put posts up of there own saying that there not gonna play GRAW cuz it rubbish.? SO WHY are you still in the forums posting ??? MOVE ON or SHUT UP.

Good job im not an admin lol. Im not telling Rocky how to run his site, But IMO it needs sorting. :rant: over

Hey dont let it get to you man, you kinda put yourself in the firing line by having a diff opinion or saying something someone dont agree with but what the hell its just opinons. You should stick it out.

Anyway i think post should be limited to 5 lines max cause me brain cant handle lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong posts.

Sorry to hear your are leaving.

I have had people tell me things about myself as if they knew who I was. :blink: People have flamed me for saying things that I did not etc... Often I just point out the orginal post and correct them. I don't know what it is, but it seems that people are easily agitated when they are on the internet. I guess they feel that they can hide behind a screen or something.

Anyway, ultimately it is just an internet forum, so I don't take it too seriously. I Hope you choose to stay.

Well that just sucks! Another instance of how not showing other people respect can hurt our community and alienate the ones who try to help make our game and our community better. It is very simple people, argue your points and debate away but when you cant backup your option with fact then stop stooping to the personal attacks and building straw men to validate your point of view.

The fact that people with a positive attitude toward GR:AW can be run off or at the very least made to feel unwelcome on these forums is a shame. Hammer has made some very good points in regards to the moderating here . Rocky I feel is a very unbaised and straghtforward person a Man to be respected ...as to SOME of the others I have to say if ToW-Angel was one of the GR:AW haters we would never have seen this go as far as it has. As to the advanced Manual you folks had some one willing to put the time into the project but ya don't now ...its pretty clear who you can thank for that.

It is your decision to make, but, you have been a very knowledgeable and positive contributer to the forum, your posts have real substance, so, I definitely think you should reconsider. Take some time before you finalize your decision.

When dealing with an internet forum you have to understand that you are talking with numerous people from all over. Also, with a forum that has been around for a while you are dealing with cliques. There are many cliques here in this forum. Some people think they are somehow superior to others because they have been here longer, bought a game the day it came out, or whatever. A lot of people don't understand that things don't revolve around them and that there is ALWAYS another view point. It's mostly immaturity at fault here. I wouldn't recommend visiting any forum to make friends. Rather, try to use it as a source for knowledge. =]

Cangaroo[TNT] is quite right – just take a look at this thread to see what has lead up to this Diva-style announcement. Look at who starts throwing the insults around first….

I’m afraid that your big Drama-Queen exit only goes to illustrate your own inflated sense of self-importance in these forums – which doesn’t always go down well with other members.

On forums like these, lots of folks get called names or are described in unflattering terms at some point – and its inevitable that you’ll come across others who vehemently disagree with your point of view; it happens on every forum.

But when this does happen you shouldn’t take it to heart – just roll with the punch, get back on your feet and laugh it off.

Stay or go – no one is going to beg you either way. In the end, who cares? Well pretty much no one does. It’s a big forum with lots of members.

If you do decide to go then fine.

If you stay then that’s also fine; my only advice would be that if you do stay then you just need to learn to lighten up and not take yourself too seriously :thumbsup:

Cangaroo[TNT] is quite right – just take a look at this thread to see what has lead up to this Diva-style announcement. Look at who starts throwing the insults around first….

I’m afraid that your big Drama-Queen exit only goes to illustrate your own inflated sense of self-importance in these forums – which doesn’t always go down well with other members.

On forums like these, lots of folks get called names or are described in unflattering terms at some point – and its inevitable that you’ll come across others who vehemently disagree with your point of view; it happens on every forum.

But when this does happen you shouldn’t take it to heart – just roll with the punch, get back on your feet and laugh it off.

Stay or go – no one is going to beg you either way. In the end, who cares? Well pretty much no one does. It’s a big forum with lots of members.

If you do decide to go then fine.

If you stay then that’s also fine; my only advice would be that if you do stay then you just need to learn to lighten up and not take yourself too seriously :thumbsup:

ROTFLMAO....words of wisdom from Oliver...that should keep the S**T stirred up a little while longer any way . Which would be the reason behind the post.

Losing any possitve member is always a loss, there are enough of us possative types in here to always be on top, and keep going in the face of immaturity, most of it originating from Ubisoft forums.

They come here and try it on, but in most cases they get troden on by admins.

If you do leave I say you will be leaving still one of the best moderated forums you will find on the net.

THINK ABOUT IT.

I wouldn't recommend visiting any forum to make friends. Rather, try to use it as a source for knowledge. =]

I couldn't disagree more! Here at Gr.net I met several people who became my real friends, few of them only GR related but most of them I can share a lot of other personal stuffs. I planned to meet also some soon and not only virtually.

...for the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to say something about a game that they will absolutely never play again.

Does this little bit of wisdom go for forums as well as games? Thanks for the speech, but if you're going to leave just do it already. We all know you're sitting at your computer reading this to see what kind of reaction you'd get. You're a real winner :thumbsup: . I almost regret even posting right now, but oh well...

Edited by ZJJ

Very sorry to hear this, but i do agree with you. The GRAW thread is chaos. i like graw, and i like playing it, but i dont visit the GRAW thread at all anymore, because it is all nonsense. I am not new anymore, but I certainly have not been here very long. Just over a year I'd say.