New Map OGR-Coop "Heavy_resistance"

duck4cover

UPDATE 24.9.06

I think Ive finished this map :lol: , With the help of some very handy scripting tutorials :thumbsup: I've finally been able to make things move now so not only are snipers needed someone will need to arm the zeus. I've tested it as much as i can and none of the scripting causes any crashes so far, but if you have any problems let me know.

One thing I cant fix is the problem of CTD if you play it again straight after without rotating to other maps ?? (Anyone from GRIN, is it something im not doing right or is it a bug ??? )

Anyway... hope you dont get bored with it to soon !! Cya !

Heavy_Resistance 1.0

Hi There

I've gone about as far as i can on my own with this one, so I've released this beta to see if its worth spending more time on testing and modifying. I've tried to make it alot harder than the other [GR] maps as i find with upwards of 10 or 15 ghosts playing they tend to be a simple walk through. The map has a large wooded area, a small station, an industrial zone & a rebel base which you will have to fight your way through. As for the AI I've given them large areas to guard so they will see you before you see them. :thumbsup: which also means someone really will have to draw fire while the others spot where its coming from. Plus dont think I've forgotten about all those snipers among you, I've made it so your skills are really gonna be needed on this one!

Please give it the once over as any comments or suggestions are welcomed ! But if you do solo it just set the mission timer to at least an hour as i only managed half the map in that time on my own !! :o=

The biggest unsolved problem i have at the moment with this map, is it will crash the game if i play the map more than once in a row ? as long as i rotate the map every time i dont have a problem?, please if you know whats causing it i really need your wisdom !!

Anyway here's the link, plus a few screenshots.

Heavy_resistance bundle

Screen 1

Screen 2

Over the weekend I will get my own server running so please join in if you see it as I'd like to actually make it to the end of my own map lol !

Edited by Rocky

wow, I just tried it, and let me tell you.. its kinda annoying. Fun, but hard because there is just sooo much trees, and bushes, and they shoot you though about 10 different trees, and I cant see them even with a sniper rifle... I think you have the gaurd on alittle too high. its a nice setup and everything. I like it.

Edit: Ill give it another try when im not alone. I wont give up on it just yet. =P

Edited by Evilducky

I made AI quite hard because im trying to make this map for a minimum of four people, im hoping that the way things are set, while one guys being shot at the others can run for cover & then switch roles but the if it is to hard the zones are easy to change. I totaly agree though solo is seriously hard !!

Bob is your sever found on GRAW in game server list bud ?

I made AI quite hard because im trying to make this map for a minimum of four people, im hoping that the way things are set, while one guys being shot at the others can run for cover & then switch roles but the if it is to hard the zones are easy to change. I totaly agree though solo is seriously hard !!

Bob is your sever found on GRAW in game server list bud ?

Yep, Server name is....."omnilateral.com UK.Recon.Custom.Maps"

Getting murdered on my own, its a case of hunt the muzzle flash, maybe it would be better as a night map :P

Edited by Bob Anglais

Tried it tonight, tried being the word.

Its a real nice map superb infact, but the game play is way too hard.

To enjoy this you need to be able to see the ai or a glimpse at least.

If I cant see through the trees to shoot an ai then he should not be able to do it to me.

Fix this and it will be great.

guess what :P

after a great kill from bob :D

kill_me.jpg

i get this on the stair case :)

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.30

data\lib\units\types\vehicles\blackhawk.dsf(-1): cant find member: environment_sound in type <Unit>

lol

Edited by sui317

Yeah, the blackhawk is giving me problems too in my next map. Im waiting for a GRIN person to help me, and now all of us i guess, on this matter. It is a great map, and def. is not a solo map. I played it on bobs server, and was a lot more fun the second time around with atleast 1 other person that it is solo. But you really do need to decrease there guard area. Other than that, great job.

thanks for the input peeps !! Will tone back the spawning of the various units to help with LOS but i dont want to do anything about the eagle eyes of the snipers just yet. As for the black hawk im still trying to figure out the scripting as its my first Coop map. :blink: I want to try and triger a helicopter fly in to simulate an extraction once someone gets to the stairs but im lost at the moment.... Thanks again guys & Watch this space for updates :)

Hey. The helo fly in like you want is possible, I have the script for that, and will PM ya that if you want. But as for the crash, I have not found out the solution for that and if you find out how to fix it, please do tell. Also, FYI if you have a husk vehicle in there, the game will crash for the clients that join and not the server host. Also, the Stryker will cause your game to crash for the clients as well. So make sure you dont have those in any of your maps. But yeah, get to me about that blackhawk if you cant figure it out.

I would like to say that I really did like this map. I played it on my group's server. It was set to no respawns, 60 minutes, hard, and 3 rounds. It is sure nice to see the modding community for COOP coming to life.

I understand that this map is a beta work in progress. I love the pace at which a group must move through this map. When playing with no respawn, one has to move even more carefully and coordinate attacks. I played with 3 other players, since it was too late to have a large group try out the map (on the Phoenix Soldiers' server). One thing that really made things very difficult was the lack of a large tactical map. If we had a large tactical map, we would have been able to coordinate our attacks and cover fire better. I noticed this problem in Blackhawk Down and Hall of Mirrors as well. Is this something that is a limitation of the GR:AW Editor?

We each experienced the same exact crash when the round ended:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypempcoop.dsf(-1): GametypeCooperative::from_server_husk_vehicle_action(), no unit received. Action was: 2

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypempcoop.dsf(0)

The server did not crash though.

I look forward to seeing how this map/Recon Mission turns out. Please let us all know when you are able to stop the above crash from happening. As soon as you have a final version of this map, I'll put it up on the Phoenix Soldiers' server.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

We each experienced the same exact crash when the round ended:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypempcoop.dsf(-1): GametypeCooperative::from_server_husk_vehicle_action(), no unit received. Action was: 2

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypempcoop.dsf(0)

The server did not crash though.

I look forward to seeing how this map/Recon Mission turns out. Please let us all know when you are able to stop the above crash from happening. As soon as you have a final version of this map, I'll put it up on the Phoenix Soldiers' server.

Yep, you have a husk vehicle, eather a abram, Us_abram, or the stryker in your map, and you need to take it out. That will fix that crash.

Thanks for your input so far !!

I've removed those husk items ! one i had to remove manualy from the xml as i couldn't find it anywhere on the map lol. The trigger areas have been reduced plus I've reduced the guard areas on most of the rebels ( I thought the guard area was the point at which the enemy will start shooting at you but it looks like its the area that the unit is allowed to roam in ) Once I get the movement of vehicles straightend out I think I'll be about done :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input so far !!

I've removed those husk items ! one i had to remove manualy from the xml as i couldn't find it anywhere on the map lol. The trigger areas have been reduced plus I've reduced the guard areas on most of the rebels ( I thought the guard area was the point at which the enemy will start shooting at you but it looks like its the area that the unit is allowed to roam in ) Once I get the movement of vehicles straightend out I think I'll be about done :thumbsup:

This is great news. I hope we will all be playing your finished map soon. :thumbsup:

Will you also have the large tactical map working?

silent_op

I'll have a look at that after the weekend. Maybe we can add a fix it when the patch for the annoying crashes comes out :)

Btw, what xml-script commands are you missing most? (for making maps i mean)

-GG

data\lib\units\types\vehicles\blackhawk.dsf(-1): cant find member: environment_sound in type <Unit>

great map btw.

loads of fun

Tks a lot for the map, 155 ennemies wow! No crash yet on my server:F.O.A.D(hardcore level only).

You have no crashes on the client side when the match ends (all players die or finish the map)? Are you playing with respawns on or off?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I'll have a look at that after the weekend. Maybe we can add a fix it when the patch for the annoying crashes comes out :)

-GG

great map btw.

loads of fun

ooo ooo. Im missing the ability to through vehicles ontop of the highway... hahaha. Or maybe the commands to have you start off in the blackhawk and repell down. I tired to get that one to work, but couldnt :(. that would be nice.

-GG

great map btw.

loads of fun

ooo ooo. Im missing the ability to through vehicles ontop of the highway... hahaha. Or maybe the commands to have you start off in the blackhawk and repell down. I tired to get that one to work, but couldnt :(. that would be nice.

+start with restricted kit, pistol only or same rifle for everyone

+the ability to carry dead(injured*) team mates(they sometimes keep breathing when dead...*)

don't know if that is possible yet