GRAW, The time has come to say it .....

I think my problem is that the game has been out for several months....and people still constantly complain about everything. If you don't like it, find something else you do like. People didn't stay around this long to complain about Lockdown, instead they went somewhere else for some gaming fun. Why don't others do that here?

Is it that they are so in love with Ghost Recon that they refuse to play anything else? Or is it just that nothing else catches their fancy? If it's that they are so in love with GR, they need to get over it. The same thing happened to me when I played MW4 Mercenaries (and BK before that, Veng before that, MW3 before that, all the way back to MW2 DOS......1995-2005, one decade with the same series, disappointments and all). If nothing else catches their fancy, do something else. Read a book, watch some TV, excercise, blow up someones mailbox, just do something different.

I haven't been a part of the community (directly anyway, I have played the crap out of [GR]/R6 series in SP but never ventured onto multiplayer), and I'm tired of the complaining and snide remarks at how crappy the game is. A good chunk of the people here are driving away the "newbies" like me simply because of the attitude.

LOL hard earned cash. 50$ was about 1 hour of my time. I earned that posting from work today.

well done Rocoafz, you just won "The ###### of the Week Award"

GJ :thumbsup:

Hey Lighty, I want that award coz I earn 3 times that :)

So you are almost able to pay people to play on the GRAW servers in order to entertain you?

Shall I give you my bank number? :D

Some of you as usual have gone to far with replies, keep it clean as per the rules.

I honestly thought I had kept it clean Colin, I merely replied to a question.

Nah not u mate just the usual suspects.

Calling someone a ###### in a thread is wooo.

Ubisoft maybe not here.

and for the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to say something about a game that they will absolutely never play again.

They feel the need because they are fans of the original GR series. That and as NYR32 said, this is a GR fansite and they have the right to express thier disappointment in the game. This is especially true for the ones that have waited patiently for all the patches and gave the game a chance before posting. Lets face it, the game has very few players at the moment and optimistic me is now losing optimism. Will the game ever take off?? Starting to now have serious doubts.

Now for the ones that have never played the game or just the demo and are constantly in here knocking, that does get a bit annoying. That is what ignore if for though.

Mmmmmmm, lot of hate here.

Some of you got me wrong, I love [GR] and I like this game. I was mearly pointing out about the MP online that there were more people playing [GR] and GRAW and that was disapointing. My clan plays the BF series and all its mods because we are waiting for the next GR in the series to come out. If this game had lived up to it's potential then we would be playing it. Period.

The BF series is what it is jsut like the CS series is what it is. WE all hate the bunnyhopping that goes on, andthey fixed the bunnyhopping and shooting in the game. Grin is getting better at the patches but it still has a long way to go and as soon as this game meets all our exectations then servers will fill up. But it is jsut not up to it yet. Hopefully it will.

LOL hard earned cash. 50$ was about 1 hour of my time. I earned that posting from work today.

well done Rocoafz, you just won "The ###### of the Week Award"

GJ :thumbsup:

LOL i didn't say what else i was doing :P

I'm a technician for an OEM. (9 years with this company and 2 and 1/2 with IBM TSS division). I have a degree in Computer Maintainance and Robotics. I do Networking, system design, server and system design, tech support for the many businesses and school districts in this area that we support. I post here usually when i'm doing phone tech support. Not my fault if you can't multitask.

And now that i have addressed that my point is....

Basically any console game kids buy costs the same as this game and gets shelved way sooner.

Most PC game start at 50$ (U.S. dollars). Being a PC gamer you SHOULD know and expect this.

I'm sure you have other games that you paid the same amount for sitting on your shelf that don't have near the potential this game does.

The reason GRAW is in the instable state it is in right now is OUR fault.

We asked for the changes to the ORIGINAL design that GRin put forth with complaint after complaint. They are trying to accomodate us and basically re-invent the GRAW wheel while appeasing UBI and keeping within there budget (yes this is there job)

Even after these patches months after release, GRAW still hasn't had near the amount of time that most other games have had for development. And look at EA and BF2. For the one's that play can i say... what a mess 1.3 was.

Some of you got me wrong, I love [GR] and I like this game. I was mearly pointing out about the MP online that there were more people playing [GR] and GRAW and that was disapointing.
On the bright side, if you host a GRAW server it doesn't take long for it to get populated. There are so many BF2 servers to play in, ours can go days or weeks without ever having enough people to start a game. Yes, I know it's stretching to see the silver lining, but I played in our [GR] Coop server for 2 or 3 hours last night and it was full (or near full) the whole time. As long as you have full servers to play in, what more do you need? (I know there are a LOT of empty servers, but the same is true for BF2).

I know the number of online players speaks to the longevity of the game, but if you like the game, and play with 11-31 other people that like the game, why does it matter if it the same 11-31 people every day? (I know...mods, support, etc. My point is the game can still be played and enjoyed until an expansion or GR4).

Mmmmmmm, lot of hate here.

Some of you got me wrong, I love [GR] and I like this game. I was mearly pointing out about the MP online that there were more people playing [GR] and GRAW and that was disapointing. My clan plays the BF series and all its mods because we are waiting for the next GR in the series to come out. If this game had lived up to it's potential then we would be playing it. Period.

The BF series is what it is jsut like the CS series is what it is. WE all hate the bunnyhopping that goes on, andthey fixed the bunnyhopping and shooting in the game. Grin is getting better at the patches but it still has a long way to go and as soon as this game meets all our exectations then servers will fill up. But it is jsut not up to it yet. Hopefully it will.

Dude!

You don't have to defend your "opinion". I, for one, feel the same dissappointment that you do. We all loved and many still do love [GR]. It's perfectly understandable to feel frustration and dissappointment.

Unfortunately I think that most of us expected too much. And that is not a slam at Grin. I am sure that they were just doing what UBI paid them to do. And considering how little market share PC games now have, is anyone REALLY surprised by ANY of this????

What is the most annoying about this thread is the attitude some people have. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and is also entitled to present that without getting pooped on.

Janie and Angel, don't make it personal. Angel, keep age out of it. You do not know Janie much as she does not know you.

As far as this game, no, it is not GR and that is part of the problem for many. It has no features that were present in GR and that is a fact. Sure it has Coop and TvT (now), but it lacks the things that we all wanted most, a bigger team for SP. This is a big reason why many GR players are upset and voicing their opinions. Sure, TvT gamers didn't like Domination and finally got their just kill everyone modes that they seem to prefer, but Coop players are disenfranchised by Ubi's decision to make a hero character game.

Sure there are players that like both GR and GRAW which means that there are 3 types here. Those that like GR and what is stands for and how it plays and wish they hadn't spent money on GRAW (some didn't even spend money on GRAW after tasting the demo). Those that like GRAW (including those who never played GR) and think it is fine the way it is. Then there is a 3rd type here. Those that like both versions. GRAW appears (I can't say being that I haven't played it) to be a good game on it's own and does have some good qualities about it and even has much in it that fans asked for (though not everything).

Now as far as who speaks for the community, we all do whether by saying we will not be playing the game anymore (very discouraging to devs) to those who have found the game to their liking (very encouraging to devs), we all have the right here to voice opinions as long as it is not attacking other members who post here. Now attacking Ubi is another matter. Just do so in a way that doesn't include ###### calls even if deserving.

Personally, I like having these posted as it is a way for Ubi to see how long the community is playing the game and why they have decided to quit playing, even if they don't seem to care. I predict that one day, those of us disenfranchised by Ubi will take our hard earned dollars (or pounds or what ever your money is called) and spend it with a developer/publisher who meets our needs and can give us what we desire. Once done, Ubi will be the big loser.

Oh, FYI, R6: Vegas, now the same name for the PC too, will be a port from the 360. Scratch another R6 game from the list of must have games.

I'm not dissatisfied with my game. I'm dissatified more people don't play it.

Same here.

I think a reason for the number of posts from people who say they do not like GRAW, or wasted my money but keep coming back (this is just speculation of course) is because they truly want to love it.. they are hoping the next time they visit the forums.. GRIN has released "THE" patch.

That they will see all the positive posts .. and that they can slowly rebuild their trust in the developer...

But always remember there will be the select few that come back just to let us know time and time again that they where ripped off or that the game still sucks.. again this is their progative..

Personally, I am happy with the core of people playing the game.. I don't need 10000 people playing ... the only reason I want more people playing is somewhat based on "greed" .. more people that play, the more likelyhood that this game will be supported a long time.. expansion packs.. enhancements, patches..

I will say.. for the first time .. I had my server up last night and it filled quickly.. wit ha few blasts from the past at that... old GR1 foe's hehehe..

Edited by IrishStout

Why in the HELL do I have to FREAKING always defend my words and actions to pure idiocy constantly?

I will answer that question ToW-Angel, and like you are so fond of saying, this is purely my honest opinion.

The reason you have to keep defending your words is because you constantly come across as condecending with your holier than though attitude.

You 'Speak' for the community! you have implied this in several posts when obviously none of us remember voting you in to do it.

You state your opinions like they are the ONLY worthwhile way of looking at something and no-one elses matter.

You come in to this thread and made a huge show of why the posters thread has NO worth whatsoever yet in a post YOU started you went off on one literally telling someone to get out of it because it's YOUR thread.

These are just a few of the reasons that I can see that cause you to keep defending yourself.

You asked the question and that is my honest answer.

HYPOCRITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions are like ######holes, everyone has one just some bigger than others, and some have their heads stuffed up them.

Why in the HELL do I have to FREAKING always defend my words and actions to pure idiocy constantly?

I will answer that question ToW-Angel, and like you are so fond of saying, this is purely my honest opinion.

The reason you have to keep defending your words is because you constantly come across as condecending with your holier than though attitude.

You 'Speak' for the community! you have implied this in several posts when obviously none of us remember voting you in to do it.

You state your opinions like they are the ONLY worthwhile way of looking at something and no-one elses matter.

You come in to this thread and made a huge show of why the posters thread has NO worth whatsoever yet in a post YOU started you went off on one literally telling someone to get out of it because it's YOUR thread.

These are just a few of the reasons that I can see that cause you to keep defending yourself.

You just proved what size of an ######hole you have.

Edited by ToW-Angel

Opinions are like ######holes, everyone has one just some bigger than others, and some have their heads stuffed up them.

Whether you intended to or not - you've proved Dai-san's point admirably

:clapping:

Whether you intended to or not - you've proved Dai-san's point admirably

:clapping:

I love the way people consistantly and constantly taken what I've said entirely out of context... Thank you Oliver fro proving what size yours is.

Graw had a couple major problems.

No Similiarity to GR.

To much work put into "special" effects it was not concentrated on the gameplay.

Lots of stuff to list... bad level design.. poor weapon handling. The list goes on what was wrong with it.

Sliding still = stupid. was made for the run n gun kiddies.