GRAW, The time has come to say it .....

I hate to say it but GRAW has really dissapointed me. This is MHO only but I have read the forums, played the game both SP and MP, patiently waited for the patches and tried, oh so really really tried to like this game, but Grin lost it. Here is why.

On Friday, Sept 15th 2006, there were more people playing ORIGINAL GR then there were playing GR:AW. I have both on my 'puter so I was able to check several different ways. And that is what makes this so sad. Grin had the opportunity to take the ball and run with it but instead decided to sit in the stands and watch the game. Our clan was looking forward to this game, we have been around since [GR] came out, before the expansions. But it has not measured up. Even CS:Source was more fun this game. SP is good, I will give them that. But I will not buy any expansion packs for GR:AW. It is not worth the money.

I have read that why do people keep posting on the forums if all they have to say is negative stuff. I guess it is because they are hoping that someone will here them and fix the game right. Everyone would have been happy with a simple port of [GR] and added a new graphics engine and more options and new maps set in a more mordern setting. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I hope they eventully do get this game right and if I see that more people are playing it and psoting some good stuff about it, I may try it again, but for the future it will be BF2 and BF2142.

I see so many of these types of post almost everyday here... And no offense is meant, but it is a "Woe is me".

There is one of these kinds of posts about ever 2 or 3 days, and for the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to say something about a game that they will absolutely never play again.

I'm not taking this out on you personally, this is a general statement of the things that have been happening in these forums.

This is a fansite, first and foremost from all accounts that I've read. And since it is a fansite with a great amount of information and other things here, that people continually divide the community even more by threads like this one. The community is divided enough that there needs to be some kind of middle ground that each side can see.

Time and time again, and in 2 or 3 days, people will see another post just like this one. It's a sad cycle that I've been seeing lately.

Now, I'm not demeaning anyone for this, it is truly an observance of the way things have been going lately.

Edited by ToW-Angel

People have the right to express their disappointment with this title. This is a fansite, a Ghost Recon series fansite. That doesn't mean we all have to like every title in the series.

If anything, people explaining what they do not like lets the developers of future titles know what they need to take a second look at. If you think that being negative and expressing an opinion (constructively) is dividing the communitty, well, your wrong IMO. Also, no one is making you read these threads, if you do not want to read why others dislike the title, then don't. *shrug*

I see so many of these types of post almost everyday here... And no offense is meant, but it is a "Woe is me".

There is one of these kinds of posts about ever 2 or 3 days, and for the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to say something about a game that they will absolutely never play again.

I'm not taking this out on you personally, this is a general statement of the things that have been happening in these forums.

This is a fansite, first and foremost from all accounts that I've read. And since it is a fansite with a great amount of information and other things here, that people continually divide the community even more by threads like this one. The community is divided enough that there needs to be some kind of middle ground that each side can see.

Time and time again, and in 2 or 3 days, people will see another post just like this one. It's a sad cycle that I've been seeing lately.

Now, I'm not demeaning anyone for this, it is truly an observance of the way things have been going lately.

Why every two or three days ? Because people pay hard earned cash for something they feel has fallen short, and they need to vent about it(thats human nature). I for one agree with SSP on most parts, I for one would have been happy with an [GR] Port with updated graphics, and some new maps. I didn't sign up for an X-Box 360 port, which like it or not, is exactly what we have here. I know I know, people will say that its not, that the maps are bigger...BIG DEAL..its still a 360 port. Ahh well..companies put the emphasis and talent on whatever area makes them the highest profit (which is good business sense), and lets face it..the consoles are 80-90% of their customers.So do the math. One other thing concerning "The way things have been going lately" as you put it Angel. Lets clear the air on this one (not being harsh), this isnt "The way things have been going lately", this is things finally coming to a head. This really started back when we got SCREWED OVER for GR2, and its just been building since. We all hoped and prayed that our long wait would be justified with GRAW (no dont say its GR3, because we dont have GR2 and never did), that for once the promises wouldn't be empty, but once again they are. GRAW itself is a fine game by itself, if your a run and gunner. But lets face it, the real tactical players in [GR] would have torn people apart if they tried to do the crap they do in GRAW games. Its a good game if your a teenybopper or a CS freak, but for a true tactician, it not only misses the mark, it misses the timezone.

Edited by }PW{ Payback

Angel,

I think you're wrong mate re: this community being divided.

Sure a lot of ppl have different opinions which they express in these Forums, and naturally ppl will disagree with eachother. But to say the Community is divided as a result is untrue.

I respect everybody who posts in these Forums even if they're wrong...LOL j/k.

The Ghost Recon fans are a special breed, its what seperates us from the Counter Strikers, the Doomers and the BFers.

And if they want to post, even if its a rant especially if its about GR or AW then this is the place to do it.

Lighty.

..........I'm not taking this out on you personally, this is a general statement of the things that have been happening in these forums.

it is truly an observance of the way things have been going lately.

Well I am a fan of the "GR" series, also the Rogue Spear series which spawned it, so I check out this site for any news or whatever that pertains to the games and the community. I have also stopped playing GRAW quite a while ago for the same reasons (and more) as Timber but stopped talking about it. I still like to drop by to see if the magic bullet (or a component of it) has arrived. and i guess thats also what a fan site is for.

It would seem that Timber has decided to vent his opinion because he gives a s**t rather than because he doesnt, and that makes him a fan too i guess.

This has been a great site for years and long may it remain so, due to Rocky's efforts and those who help him, and this site and our community is robost enough to outlive GRAW and carry on into the future with whatever games come down the pike, peeps will just need to chill out about it!!

JF

PS. RS Vegas looks great from what pre-release movies I have seen for it!.

Edited by JFSebastian

LOL hard earned cash. 50$ was about 1 hour of my time. I earned that posting from work today.

Nice work then. Not everyone is making $50 an hour though and for those near minimum wage that's a good hunk of money. Nice to see that you understand what most people go through. Get back on your high horse and throw your money away on something because you obviously have lots of extra cash to spend. how about you give the OP 50 bucks and ask him to remove his post?

He paid money so he can ###### if he wants. It's pretty funny that no one argues that [GR] had more people playing than GRAW. 5 months old vs 5 years old.

LOL hard earned cash. 50$ was about 1 hour of my time. I earned that posting from work today.

Nice work then. Not everyone is making $50 an hour though and for those near minimum wage that's a good hunk of money. Nice to see that you understand what most people go through. Get back on your high horse and throw your money away on something because you obviously have lots of extra cash to spend. how about you give the OP 50 bucks and ask him to remove his post?

He paid money so he can ###### if he wants. It's pretty funny that no one argues that [GR] had more people playing than GRAW. 5 months old vs 5 years old.

minimum wage... 10 hours. 1 and 1/2 days work (actually that is less then minimum... i went with 5.00)

For a while it costed more for a tank of gas.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Why every two or three days ? Because people pay hard earned cash for something they feel has fallen short, and they need to vent about it(thats human nature). I for one agree with SSP on most parts, I for one would have been happy with an [GR] Port with updated graphics, and some new maps. I didn't sign up for an X-Box 360 port, which like it or not, is exactly what we have here. I know I know, people will say that its not, that the maps are bigger...BIG DEAL..its still a 360 port. Ahh well..companies put the emphasis and talent on whatever area makes them the highest profit (which is good business sense), and lets face it..the consoles are 80-90% of their customers.So do the math. One other thing concerning "The way things have been going lately" as you put it Angel. Lets clear the air on this one (not being harsh), this isnt "The way things have been going lately", this is things finally coming to a head. This really started back when we got SCREWED OVER for GR2, and its just been building since. We all hoped and prayed that our long wait would be justified with GRAW (no dont say its GR3, because we dont have GR2 and never did), that for once the promises wouldn't be empty, but once again they are. GRAW itself is a fine game by itself, if your a run and gunner. But lets face it, the real tactical players in [GR] would have torn people apart if they tried to do the crap they do in GRAW games. Its a good game if your a teenybopper or a CS freak, but for a true tactician, it not only misses the mark, it misses the timezone.

The point I was attempting to make is that is sad. And, I can only see what I've seen, and my statement is correct in that sense. Since I was not here for the the alleged fiasco of GR2, I can only observe what I've seen since I've been here.

@PayBack, sometimes a new set of eyes sees things that others don't see. It is [GR] vs GR:AW. [GR]'ers who don't like GR:AW vs the GR:AW'ers who like it. That is a division and it is definitely divided. That is not an opinion, but a fact.

We are all passionate about what we believe and our opinions, that is something I can respect easily and without question.

But, it is sad that I have seen these kinds of posts every 2 or 3 days... Just the other day, I got an IM with someone telling me the exact same thing... They just can't get into the game. I respected the way he came to me and told me, just like I respect the way the OP has. What I find disrespectful in the sense of people saying "This game sucks!" "I put the DVD/CD's in the microwave" and other crap like that. That is disrespectful to entire community whether or not they like the game.

Sure, they have their right to their opinion, but if this is a mature community (which I can tell that it is mostly adults), then as adults we should act accordingly. The OP in this thread has posted one of the best "I do not like the game" that I've read... Sure there are a couple of others.

Like many, I probably could've worded things a tad differently, but I am human an prone to error just like anyone else.

All the folks who preordered or ran to the stores the first day GRAW came out, and then ###### about a wasted $50 makes me chuckle. The demo said alot about this game, which anyone could get. The 25% of the total posts which flame this game also say alot about it. Buyers remorse? Any small amount of research would've sent up warning flags. I think Rugg takes the prize for his $5 copy. Buy it cheap, then maybe you'd enjoy it more because it was only a small investment. Then again, $50 to me is nothing for any game which takes up 5 months of my life.

I'm not dissatisfied with my game. I'm dissatified more people don't play it.

I see so many of these types of post almost everyday here... a "Woe is me" [Janie42 comment: aka a post by someone who is not over-the-top in love with GR:AW] and for the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to say something about a game that they will absolutely never play again.
Luckily, you have been given a direct answer to your question:

People have the right to express their disappointment with this title. This is a fansite, a Ghost Recon series fansite. That doesn't mean we all have to like every title in the series.

If anything, people explaining what they do not like lets the developers of future titles know what they need to take a second look at. If you think that being negative and expressing an opinion (constructively) is dividing the communitty, well, your wrong IMO. Also, no one is making you read these threads, if you do not want to read why others dislike the title, then don't. *shrug*

:thumbsup::clapping::notworthy: Hopefully you now understand? But. . .

Perhaps you've been too busy to read the above post?

Too busy making 600+ ( :wall: ) posts over the 3 months since you signed up here... posts telling everyone

(1) your advice -- unasked for & in many cases it seems definitely unwanted, and

(2) your 'expert' opinions on GR:AW, Coop, & TCGR -- including what TCGR Coop people want / need, etc. -- despite your having only ever played the Demo version of TCGR! :wacko::rofl:

I'm not dissatisfied with my game. I'm dissatified more people don't play it.

Same here.

@ToW_Angel: It would appear from your post that you are sub-dividing the community. I like [GR], I like GRAW, what, another division?

Don't take the posts personally, it's a forum. ;)

Janie, I have been a computer technician for over 7yrs, hardware and software. I am currently a web and graphics designer.

I have been playing PC games, before the online craze since you were probably a child.

I don't give a rats butt if it's a demo or the retail game, and to tell me that they are not the same game, is ludicrous at best.

I know more about this kind of thing than you do, and who gives a rats butt when I signed up here? Evidently you do, to use such a FREAKING cheapshot as when I signed up. LAME girl, LAME!

I've been playing online games for a long time, I know a good game from a PI$$ poor one. Your comment about [GR] is not only weak, but totally and utterly fruitless and pointless.

I love the fact that you have chosen to read what you wanted to read... Truly, truly the most absolute most brilliant thing you could ever do. Why you ask? Because it proves to me that you didn't read it all, nor understood the meaning behind it, nor did you see the point that was being made... ANOTHER FLAW.

Why in the HELL do I have to FREAKING always defend my words and actions to pure idiocy constantly?

On Friday, Sept 15th 2006, there were more people playing ORIGINAL GR then there were playing GR:AW.

Indeed, it has of course nothing to do with system req., that GR1 are free (piracy or just sold for nothing) and that GRAW got a somewhat working anti piracy (those who play online knows that the "invalid CD" drop outs are legion.

As other have stated, I am not disappointed with the game, I am with the small number of people playing it online (150-200 average). But then again, if I wanted to play a game with a large fan base then I knew from [GR] and onwards that any GR-game in the future would not be the game for me.

Sure a lot of ppl have different opinions which they express in these Forums, and naturally ppl will disagree with eachother. But to say the Community is divided as a result is untrue.

Well said, that man.

The guy just wanted to express his disappointment with AW, thats all. And where better to do that than the most popular GR forum?

To say the community is divided as a result of posts like these is... well.... :blink:

Indeed, it has of course nothing to do with system req., that GR1 are free (piracy or just sold for nothing) and that GRAW got a somewhat working anti piracy (those who play online knows that the "invalid CD" drop outs are legion.

this is one of the reasons, another one is console multiplayer services now takin a big share of online players

Why in the HELL do I have to FREAKING always defend my words and actions to pure idiocy constantly?

I will answer that question ToW-Angel, and like you are so fond of saying, this is purely my honest opinion.

The reason you have to keep defending your words is because you constantly come across as condecending with your holier than though attitude.

You 'Speak' for the community! you have implied this in several posts when obviously none of us remember voting you in to do it.

You state your opinions like they are the ONLY worthwhile way of looking at something and no-one elses matter.

You come in to this thread and made a huge show of why the posters thread has NO worth whatsoever yet in a post YOU started you went off on one literally telling someone to get out of it because it's YOUR thread.

These are just a few of the reasons that I can see that cause you to keep defending yourself.

You asked the question and that is my honest answer.

I think Rugg takes the prize for his $5 copy.

\

That's cuz I'm 1337. :D The thing is I'm not using it.......................part of the reason is I'm doing way too many hours at work and the other part is that there are other titles that I prefer to play instead of GR3.

Lucky you, I don't like BF2 or any other bunny hopping shooters.... I like realism, and even though GRAW has its faults it still is the game for me.

Let everybody decide what they want to do and leave eachother in their opinion.

I'm an GR fan and GRAW fan and I will stay that way. COD2 is still sitting on the shelf, but I bought taht only for SP. GR was the game that really hit me, just by sheer luck I got the demo and rightaway got hoocked to it, I played it on my lan with my brothers in law and we had real great times.... Theree will never be a game that give the same feelings, and If I play GR now it is a bit boring cause I've seen all Maybe GRIN could tweak GRAW a bit (make doors to open, and some maps with sound and feels like GR but still the game remains different, fun but different....) By teh way i really doubt UBI will bring back the PC platform as leading for GR development, they must know by now that there is still a great potential GR loving group.

Peace Bro'