SP Editor or at least SP Firefight mode?

Hi,

I've stopped (actually paused) playing GRAW a few months ago; I've been waiting for the promised SP Editor, badly... Now I revisited these forums and after doing some searching it seems almost no one is even interested in SP longevity, let alone some words about an editor. I don't get it...

So my question: Is there going to be a SP-editor (mission editor) or at least a SP-firefight mode (randomly placed enemies) or are we doomed to dig in the .XML's ourselves to edit some missions? (ofcourse it would be great if someone is working on some kind of utility to accomplish this).

Thanks for a reply.

Edited by PeeWee678

Sad for us SP only players. :yes: Without mod missions like IGOR allowed us to do GRAW has little to no replayability. :( They do have SP firefight mode with the last patch but you can't even play it like you could in GR. :hmm: The SP only ship sunk before it could even get out of the dock. :tumbleweed:

Hi,

I've stopped (actually paused) playing GRAW a few months ago; I've been waiting for the promised SP Editor, badly... Now I revisited these forums and after doing some searching it seems almost no one is even interested in SP longevity, let alone some words about an editor. I don't get it...

So my question: Is there going to be a SP-editor (mission editor) or at least a SP-firefight mode (randomly placed enemies) or are we doomed to dig in the .XML's ourselves to edit some missions? (ofcourse it would be great if someone is working on some kind of utility to accomplish this).

Thanks for a reply.

Funny, but many SP folks dislike GRAW because of what we lost. But many of the MP folks dislike GRAW as well, albeit for other reasons.

So... um.... what group IS completely happy with GRAW? :whistle:

Okay.... that was a sarcastic bit ... I retract it. Kinda...

Nobody is really ever completely happy with anything. Most people, at the launch of the game, praised the SP part of GRAW and were disappointed in the MP aspect.

Good point Nut, until the SP folks realized after two patches we weren't going to get an IGOR-style editor, etc. The patches did a lot to help the MP audience.

Hypothetically, do you think the game would have faired better if it had shipped with SOLID MP support upfront, with a promise to add additional SP functionality later? The MP crowd is larger and much more vocal... I think GRAW's primary PR problems really hit when the MP folks came to bear with their loud and numbered (and deserved) criticisms. If they could have made the MP folks happy from Day One, even to the extent of "screwing" the SP folks, would it have helped?

I've got to think about that for awhile... if it's true, it spells bad omens for us SP folks in the future...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Nobody is really ever completely happy with anything. Most people, at the launch of the game, praised the SP part of GRAW and were disappointed in the MP aspect.

I think the reason the SP folks were happy at launch was because the SP was done well and they had new levels (ie, the original levels). Now that they have time to play them several times through, they want new missions. MP folks just wanted good MP and you can do that pretty easily with the map editor, given several game types and stable online play. If GRIN gets the MP stable, I think the focus would shift to SP, because you would satisfy the SP players and can have a fun MP experience going through the SP missions as a team too.

The SP only ship sunk before it could even get out of the dock.

Actually... it sank when the ship was launched the first time. Went right down like it's hull was made of swiss cheese.

:censored: Sad ain't it. For me the SP experience was a major let down from GR. I'm glad I got it for a very discounted price but I'm still thinking I got ripped off. :bye:

Good point Nut, until the SP folks realized after two patches we weren't going to get an IGOR-style editor, etc. The patches did a lot to help the MP audience.

Hypothetically, do you think the game would have faired better if it had shipped with SOLID MP support upfront, with a promise to add additional SP functionality later? The MP crowd is larger and much more vocal... I think GRAW's primary PR problems really hit when the MP folks came to bear with their loud and numbered (and deserved) criticisms. If they could have made the MP folks happy from Day One, even to the extent of "screwing" the SP folks, would it have helped?

I've got to think about that for awhile... if it's true, it spells bad omens for us SP folks in the future...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I do believe that if MP was focused on an the SP side wasn't done as well, the game wouldn't have sold very well at all, but we would probably still have a larger MP player base. However, if more time was given to create the game people may have complained and moaned at the time, but it probably would have been worth it.

Hell, I would have been happy if it was released in November or December (as long as it was completed, of course). The holiday sales would have helped Ubi for one, and for two the game quality would have been higher. Not to mention people might have had better PCs to handle the game as well. I still like this game, but I absolutely hate the way this game (and many others out there) are handled these days. Publishers/distributers (ie EA and Ubisoft) are getting so far away from their fanbase with the titles they have the rights to that it's just ridiculous. If this keeps up, I can easily see PC gaming failing, and eventually consoles as well.

Edited by Nutlink

Hi,

Thanks for a reply.

Funny, but many SP folks dislike GRAW because of what we lost. But many of the MP folks dislike GRAW as well, albeit for other reasons.

So... um.... what group IS completely happy with GRAW? :whistle:

Okay.... that was a sarcastic bit ... I retract it. Kinda...

Fix the current bugs to stablilize it and i would be.