Where are all our TOYS ?

viiiper

So all the things that are now missing are gonna stay gone? Or is it just certain items that were never meant to be there and the others are coming back? Sorry...maybe this is in your answer but its a bit hard to understand.

Something like this should have been in the release notes. That way there is no misunderstanding like there is now.

I think he's saying..everything is there and what is not there can be triggered in a different way (which is the correct way since we got new functions..)

I was using the cloud effect before the 1.30 patch and needed to lower it.

I was able to manualy lower the cloud in the world xml.

Another thing I have done thats working out pretty well is. I have 1.21 installed in another location.

This allows you to work on your maps in 1.21 then bounce over to 1.30 to test to see if its compatible.

That way you can still use the effects that were removed in 1.30.

I was using the cloud effect before the 1.30 patch and needed to lower it.

I was able to manualy lower the cloud in the world xml.

Another thing I have done thats working out pretty well is. I have 1.21 installed in another location.

This allows you to work on your maps in 1.21 then bounce over to 1.30 to test to see if its compatible.

That way you can still use the effects that were removed in 1.30.

Do you honestly think this is the way to do it ? FIRE all gone, SMOKE all gone !!!! to use it UNINSTALL 1.30, install 1.21 add smoke/fire, save reinstall 1.30, load, test !!! .......... what a joke.... O and now side track this thread to the shuntings !!! less seen less said !! :yes: ALL's well Grin....next game please.... R.I.P.

p.s. Cold down here in the dungeon of Gr.net ... Do Grin ever visit ?? :rofl:

we are not "afraid" of the pms about "this one" because there simply isnt an issue, the things that has been "removed" from the editor list is simply things that were never meant to be on there in the first place, stuff thats not meant to placed straight in the editor but spawned through other units, for example all of the f15 stuff is animations spawned by compositions and are not meant to be plotted out in the editor as they would play their animations and then disapear before you even would have a chance to see them unless you placed them in a composition.Other things has gone "invisible" due to the new layers that has been unlocked in the editor.

Lets see to do list:

GRIN:

ALL FIRE:- NOT ment to be

ALL SMOKE:- NOT ment to be

stuff thats not meant to placed straight in the editor but spawned through other units

So what is ment to spawn chimmny smoke ? What is suppose to spawn Fire ? 2 sticks...I think some were ment to be removed but basic elements ? NO...... you could of given us an option to enable props in the editor ?

"Game over man! Game over!! What the ###### are we gonna do NOW?? What the ###### are we gonna do??"

I had to chuckle when I saw that quote there. Still one of my favorite movies! Hudson's utter hopelessness was very apparent and very scary.

We are going to give up hope is what we are going to do.

Unfortunately, many of us are beginning to feel like Hudson did.

I sure hope things work out.

we are not "afraid" of the pms about "this one" because there simply isnt an issue, the things that has been "removed" from the editor list is simply things that were never meant to be on there in the first place, stuff thats not meant to placed straight in the editor but spawned through other units, for example all of the f15 stuff is animations spawned by compositions and are not meant to be plotted out in the editor as they would play their animations and then disapear before you even would have a chance to see them unless you placed them in a composition.Other things has gone "invisible" due to the new layers that has been unlocked in the editor.

willie, dont get me wrong.. I like you, your a nice guy and all... but , how are we suppose to of known this ?? telepathy, like everything else done ?

I actually was thinking the same thing.

also, and I cant say this enough. that map editor and the tutorial as whole are terrible. i have had so many problems its unreal. not saying its actually malfunctioning, its just things dont work the way the average person thinks it to work. I'm not just speaking for myself, I'm speaking for many on that fact.

all i can say is cant wait for double agent to come out. GRAW will be collecting dust