OGR COOP Smoke Grenades

[GR] COOP Smoke Grenades

Thanks to Rabbi_74, I found out how to set the Smoke Grenades up for [GR] COOP...

Do the following (only server admins can do this):

- Enter the server console

- type: set_kit_sg <0>

- press return

- type: reload

- press return

(After reload, the server will reset with the new settings. All players will have to rejoin)

That is all it takes to have smoke grenades in your inventory list. This is not a mod or hack. The above commands are all in the console help list (type: help). The set_kit commands set the kit restrictions from the server side console.

Thanks again Rabbi_74 :thumbsup:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

[GR] COOP Smoke Grenades

Thanks to Rabbi_74, I found out how to set the Smoke Grenades up for [GR] COOP...

- press return

- press return

(After reload, the server will reset with the new settings. All players will have to rejoin)

That is all it takes to have smoke grenades in your inventory list. This is not a mod or hack. The above commands are all in the console help list (type: help). The set_kit commands set the kit restrictions from the server side console.

silent_op

Only one bad thing about them... they seem to bounce forever sometimes. I forgot to say thanks before for finding this to Rabbi... although everytime i tell a server how to do it, i tell them who told me.

[GR] COOP Smoke Grenades

- press return

- press return

silent_op

Just to finish this command off and all others in future, please note, if the server crashes or is closed off and the standalone application is restarted the setting is lost. Therefore you need to finish off this command sequence with

/save_settings

This will save that change to the current active profile/ script... also if the current profile is not the default one

you may wanna consider

/set_as_default

Which will make the current profile/script the default one.

viiiper

Does the smoke affect Ai?

During beta testing I noticed that the AI seemed affected by the smoke and at other times they didn't seem affected at all. The fact that the AI did seem affected at times led me to speculate that the AI were reacting sort of like a "player". If the smoke was at its thickest, a player can't see through it and the same goes for AI. When the smoke is thinning out, well who wouldn't shoot at movement on the other side?

So does the smoke work on AI?

What do you have to lose by trying it out? Just don't expect the AI to be tricked by some thin layer of smoke. Would you be fooled by a thin layer of smoke? A GRIN dev would really help clear any of the "smoke" around this topic. :grin2:

The directions I gave at the start of this thread work exactly as I typed them. What I typed worked from the in-game console interface. I think if I used the SADS console, I would have to add the "/" in front of every command.

silent_op

My favorite use of the smoke nades was at the entrance to Camp Chapultapec on the Ready for Bear map in [GR] COOP. Unless you've got someone pretty handy overwatching from the far Eastern path down the hillside, you can't see the RPG guy until he sees you too. While you have to be dead-on (no pun intended) to take him down, he only has to get the RPG somewhere close to kill you. Tough spot. BOTTLENECK. And if you go about it poorly, then while you're pinned down waiting for the RPG to fire again so you can move while he reloads, you'll also have a couple badguy AI's below him moving up on you. THIS IS ALL BAD NEWS!

So the smoke grenades I think seem fairly handy for screening movement in through that gate. Here's my tactic...

Team of two moves up to the sandbags by the eastern entrance. Pop 1-2 smoke at or near the center of the street inside the gate. Once smoke gets sufficiently thick, both teammates move THROUGH the smoke and immediately to their right (east) behind the unoccupied tower. There will be 2-3 AI's north of them around the northeast corner fo the first building. TAKE THEM DOWN, then move even FURTHER north and circle around to approach the RPG from the north. Take out the rpg at range and hold position. Once RPG DOWN is announced, remainder of friendlies move through gate and suppress immediately west of gate. Blahblahblah...

Save some smoke for the southwest end of the tunnel, of course.

But yeah, I was mad about the 'NO SMOKE IN [GR] COOP' thing too until I had a peek at kit restrictions and saw it in there. "Wonder what THIS will do...." says RAbbi...

The world is now a better place, and I can die a fulfilled man...