MugenPower v1.0 POD (Patch+Mod) for GRAW v1.30

mugeN

Me and a few of my friends from work are going to be working on our own patch. I don't know if this is illegal or we need permission from GRIN but it's basically a mod that fixes things right? lol If it is at all illegal to make our own fixes for the games errors and bugs please post a reply now, anyone from Grin.. so I do not waste mine and my coworkers time on this. We have gone through just about 80% of the game's full hard code and figured we could patch up some of the loose ends. We'll be working extensively with the knowledge we have of the game at this point.

At this point our main objectives are as clear as day. As this Mod/Patch will hopefully be able to install into GRAW just as others do. A lot of work needs to be done, and below are a list of things we have deemed Definite Fixes and following that list will be a list of bugs and errors we will be trying our best to figure out.

Note: In the event GRIN releases another patch concerning bugs and errors, I strongly urge you to overlook our patch and use their official patch. Although our patch will aim to fix errors and bugs currently confirmed, but we will not know whether it will create new ones or remain dormant. One this is for sure, we will need beta testers as soon as a beta is available.

ETA on MugenPower v1.0 POD (Patch+Mod) for GRAW v1.30

Nov-Dec 2006

Official Notes for MugenPower v1.0 POD (Patch+Mod) (3rd party)

#############################################

-Fixes the sound bug in-game

// game will unknowingly use left channel/right channel, instead of stereo at certain times.

-Fixes the killcount for [GR] Coop

// game has a broken calculator/tracker code.

-Fixes server disconnects

// some coding for this patch that added new gametypes failed to correctly translate TCP from UDP and will randomly kick people because of restricted access on firewalls and such. People in DMZ's will also be kicked because packets will be lost from this incorrect calculation.

-Fixes and adds 'baddies' in [GR] Coop

// game would spawn A.I. in inaccessible areas of the map, primarily in Mayday! Mayday! Spawn points will be reworked, and more terrorists will also be put in :)

(note: this is the 'mod' aspect of this fix. we will be adding up to 80 more terrorists per difficulty level.... i know, it's insane. Servers will be able to choose from Firefight / Recon / Firefight 2 / Recon 2 / Firefight 3 / Recon 3, types all differentiating in number of terrorists.

ADDITIONS

##############################################

-Adding a cumulative of 80 terrorists to respective difficulty levels. Hardcore having a total of 120 terrorists.

-Adding 'Warfighter' gametype along with a new map for this type. Two sides will spawn on the other side of each other, both in plain view. Sandbags, trenches, and obstacles will be in their reach but not from spawn. A countdown will begin as the match starts. Once the match starts, it's do or die, get to cover, get killed, it's all out war. This gametype will require maps to have paths wider than a 10 player width, so forget the winding and tunnel driven maps for this gametype, it will not work :)

-Adds the ability to interact with objects. This will mainly add the ability ONLY in Warfighter mode to use .50 cal turret weapons, and a new turret weapon being added to the game, Morters. Reminiscent of [GR] teams can utilize morters :)

****************this has been tested out already by us in a large LAN test. One of us was killed by a truck that was pushed down from the hill. -_-**************

-Adds DEFEND gametype for [GR] Coop, along with the most notable GR remake of the Map EMBASSY, for Defend and Siege mode. This is with all original textures/objects rendered by my good buddy dye-uh-lekt, the 3dsm prodigy.

Finally... we are incorporating the famous weapon into the game.

Ares Shrike Assault Rifle, with attachable Drum magazine, Sniper scope, silencer, or M203 GL.

Note: these bugs are confirmed and we've determined their cure already, however without the consideration of new bugs arising, hence the need for beta testing.

################################################

Let's hope for the best and I will update this thread with our progress and screens as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking those ideas for maps! Sounds great! Do you have a website?

Regarding the license though, pulled this from the readme..

3- Use of the Multimedia Product

The User is authorised to use the Multimedia Product in accordance with the instructions provided in the manual or on the packaging of the Multimedia Product.

The Licence is granted solely for private use.

It is not permitted:

- To make copies of the Multimedia Product,

- To operate the Multimedia Product commercially,

- To use it contrary to morality or the laws in force,

- To modify the Multimedia Product or create any derived work,

- To transmit the Multimedia Product via a telephone network or any other electronic means, except during multi-player games on authorised networks,

- To create or distribute unauthorised levels and/or scenarios,

- To decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Multimedia Product.

ben0

I think that sounds like a winner.. :)

Any possibilities for 4 spawn zones for TDM maybe? with a set or random insertion option like in [GR] :)

That would increase suspence and variability/direction of enemy contact and firefights

The problem is for the laddering community, that the major ladders only do official versions of the game.

Personally I 'll probably solve that by having dual GRAW directories (like I did for the beta). One with official install for matching etc and one GRAW directory when playing beta (or) moded GRAW like 'patched' with the file of yours...

- To transmit the Multimedia Product via a telephone network or any other electronic means, except during multi-player games on authorised networks,

They misspelled "authorised" (supposed to be "authorized"), so I wonder, since as far as I know their spelling isn't a word, does that void out those two lines? :ph34r:

They misspelled "authorised" (supposed to be "authorized"), so I wonder, since as far as I know their spelling isn't a word, does that void out those two lines? :ph34r:

Actually, where they are from, 'authorised' is a correct spelling.

Liking those ideas for maps! Sounds great! Do you have a website?

Regarding the license though, pulled this from the readme..

3- Use of the Multimedia Product

The User is authorised to use the Multimedia Product in accordance with the instructions provided in the manual or on the packaging of the Multimedia Product.

The Licence is granted solely for private use.

It is not permitted:

- To make copies of the Multimedia Product,

- To operate the Multimedia Product commercially,

- To use it contrary to morality or the laws in force,

- To modify the Multimedia Product or create any derived work,

- To decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Multimedia Product.[/i]

ben0

Too funny, that is basically what modding is all about, isn't it?

UPDATE:

I don't know if those license agreements pertain only to COMMERCIALLY or if they apply to all? Otherwise, modders such as I and my friends including the modders in this community would have to be imprisoned :)

Reponse to anticheat:

We are actually working with scripters from FeedPirahnas on possibly providing a subsidiary anti-cheat program for server admins. We are awaiting a response from them. Giving you in-game, the option to 'Enable anti-cheat' and then to enable ours. This is all still a very lengthy process, but I will be posting screens of our progress in in corporating the OICW into the game.

EDIT: Oh we don't have a website, because we aren't actually a band of soldiers like Clans out there. I am the only GRAW player amongst my coworkers who are very knowledgeable in programming and 3d design. I basically presented them with a challenge and a project and they accepted.

Edited by mugeN

I think I remember several posts in these forums by members of GRIN in which they tout improvements in this came coming from the modding community. They already used us to test, so I really don't feel that there should be an issue with someone making the game better. But what do I know? Good luck, and if you want some help I would be glad to assist.