Unbelievable...

Fortunately, I do not have to be in-game to see what map the server is playing or how many people are in the server...

I am posting this as an actual fact... If you do not believe me, just go to www.titansofwar.us and see for yourself...

Right hand side, you will see our server info...

Titans of War GRAW server

IP: 75.126.35.34:15260

Version: p1 - 28 au

Map: mission05_ogr

Gametype: 7

Password: No

Players: 19 / 32

I have not manipulated anything in this other than to bold the 19.

People truly are enjoying Co-Ops... Otherwise, why are people awaiting in the wings to join in and play?

You are not reading that number incorrectly, there are 7 people awaiting to get in when someone dies.

That is the last time I checked... the number could have gone up or down since I've posted this.

I'd say that the glass is completely full and overrunning, wouldn't you say so?

**EDIT**

As an addon... I will say that MonsterGamingServers totally rock! Best ping times I've ever gotten and am hearing compliments from my squadmates!

Edited by ToW-Angel

I was there to make sure y'alls server was running ok, had to make time to enjoy a few rounds!

Good job on the set-up, looking forward to some more great games!

Edit: Thanks Angel, I am pleased as heck y'all approve!

Like our motto says, by gamers for gamers. I'm all for a great ping! LOL

Edited by Bonehead

I was there to make sure y'alls server was running ok, had to make time to enjoy a few rounds!

Good job on the set-up, looking forward to some more great games!

the funniest part is... co-op is only rated for 12 players (check when not using the sads and Grins recommendation)

But yet it supports it... in the lobby... ( i think... tow-angel... does only 12 go in and the rest wait and observe)

If this is so though... hmm that would mean that maybe in GRAW Co-op 4 can play while 4 wait.

Roco... I honestly do not know... I've not had the chance yet...

Our server has been extremely active and busy... I've only been able to check the status of our server on the website.

Maybe if someone were to post about it that has visited our squad server might be a bit more fruitful in answering.

This is infact true. I hosted my own server last night for patch #3 and I must say that Coop has taken leaps and bounds.

I was playing with 14 players some from my own clan, and all we playing simultaneously. I believe, that when a match starts and those 14 r playing, the others must wait til all are dead or time runs out. Still.... the number of simultaneous players ARE 32.

Mission Coop is still 4.

But.. the numbers don't lie.

This is infact true. I hosted my own server last night for patch #3 and I must say that Coop has taken leaps and bounds.

I was playing with 14 players some from my own clan, and all we playing simultaneously. I believe, that when a match starts and those 14 r playing, the others must wait til all are dead or time runs out. Still.... the number of simultaneous players ARE 32.

Mission Coop is still 4.

But.. the numbers don't lie.

That would mean on TOW-angels server there were 19 actually playing... only one's waiting would be the dead. So the sads took the limit above 12. Interesting. What would happen in GRAW CO-OP if you set the xml above 4? :whistle:

Edited by ROCOAFZ

' date='Sep 13 2006, 02:57 PM' post='419821']

give it a week or two. playing the same maps with the enemies will get old. I loved it at first but it got boring real quick.

Can someone please explain that to EA & the rest of the BF2 community?

I don't follow. You don't play BF2 against static AI.

And since scripted missions with more than 4 players are not possible the real modders (alpha squad) can't really do anything with it.

Some people will never understand... It's in the right now, not weeks into the future... That's the point I'm getting at... Nothing you or I can do about the future except maybe make it better instead of posting something that's negative.

Do something about it! That's what is about... Sitting there complaining about something that hasn't happened yet... *EYE ROLL*

Instead of complaining about it... How about you get an learn to make new maps?

' date='Sep 13 2006, 02:57 PM' post='419821']

give it a week or two. playing the same maps with the enemies will get old. I loved it at first but it got boring real quick.

Can someone please explain that to EA & the rest of the BF2 community?

I don't follow. You don't play BF2 against static AI.

And since scripted missions with more than 4 players are not possible the real modders (alpha squad) can't really do anything with it.

that AS do not have the answeres yet does not mean they are not there

and that does not mean there can't be missions

AS has got great stuff and are talented but it is early day

and there are some great ideas under the surface, might not be for AS but you exclude others

and i think if AS were to make a mission now with what we know from the tutorial, they would still have a good game to play, okay it might not be ever lasting but that is life, it ends at some point

That's what the modders are 4... and now you can download maps.

ah yes. download map, restart graw, find server again, start to load, find out they are on another map, download new map, restart graw, find server again, start to load, find out they are on another map... see a pattern?

ah yes. download map, restart graw, find server again, start to load, find out they are on another map, download new map, restart graw, find server again, start to load, find out they are on another map... see a pattern?

allways the negative one :wall:

Interesting point. Which is why I like what BDA did prior to 1.30 (haven't checked the site since). They made one big zipped file with ALL THE MAPS YOU'LL NEED to play their server and made it available to d/l for free from their site, advertised in their server's splash page. Some servers only played custom maps on weekends or whatever, so you had all week to download the custom maps at your leisure.

Back O/T- the glass isn't half full, nor is it half-empty. It's half a damned glass of something or other. And when you're thirsty, that's better than an empty glass...

Love the new [GR] COOP's. Many servers have been well-populated lately with them. Pray for XMAS FF 110 this year. Ask Santa for it. Beg Mom and Dad. Leave out milk and cookies.

And it's MY thread now! I PWN IT! (Until the next reply...)

Or search the directory it is coming from / go to there site and get them all.

Or good server admins will list custom maps in there motd so you can see what you need from the server info a head of time.

I do agree though the downloader needs 1 more option... download and install all custom maps from this server.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

The problem is 1.3's connection issues suck that beta testing wasn't fruitful.

Unfortunate, but true. I had ZERO connection problems with the 1.30 BETA, but the 1.30 RETAIL has dropped me from the server at a rate of more than once per hour. Nonetheless, I still maintain that the new [GR] COOP gametype is good stuff, as is SEIGE. I truly hope the community sticks the other issues out long enough to realize it, and maybe mod-in a LOT mroe maps for those two gametypes...

I have yet to have any drops in the 1.30. Our server however did go down once tonight. Except once with the GL crash to desktop bug.

I watched angel and a few get disconnected from there's but i was still there. Am i the only one not having an issue?

btw gg's tow_angel and hats off to rabbi for the enabling smoke nades console idea for OGRZ... worked fine on Tow's server.

Yeah! Glad you approve! I had originally thought they were unavailable until I went poking around in the console at 30+ GRAW BETA server and found the setting for their kit restriction. Dunno why it defaulted to keep the smokers out, but BOY do they help. Especially in [GR] COOP Ready for Bear...