Is 1.30 the last patch GRIN is contracted to deliver?

rossiski

This thread is not intended to discuss what may or may not be lacking in the current patches.

I merely would like to know the extent of support that GRAW will get after today (if anyone is allowed to say).

Is 1.30 the last of the free patches?

If so, does that mean that additional paid map packs may be in consideration for future delivery? If that's true, does that mean additional fixes may be introduced with those paid map packs?

Just wondering if continuing to post bugs (in other threads, mind you) or other community wishes (mission coop, other threads, please) is worthwhile.

Because if this is the last patch, there really no reason to continue to post bugs and other wishes (in those other wonderful threads), right?

Thx, and keep it civil.

Peace.

I'm just not sure if I can justify spending more money on GRAW. All "old" arguments aside... the thought of visiting (insert your favorite game store or website here) and plunking down more green is a bit... painful.

There are way too many threads out here already about "why and how" we got here so I won't beat that horse again, but beyond the reasons... I AM at that place where Ubi asking for more of my money will be hard to justify.

-jk

CallSign 3Point

The game as it stands now with all the add ons was part of the release. Patches that make the game stable upto this point will and should be free, if the latest add on needs patching which it looks like it will this will be free.

Ubisoft have stated that more work will be done on the game after this release, what type of work and how exstensive it is not known at this point.

From what I seem to remember reading, this is the last multiplayer PACK.

From what I understand in reading some of their comments, they will continue to support the game, just no new extra content.

"Just no new extra content" for free, right? If they do a paid map pack (ala [GR] Desert Storm or Island Thunder) more content would be delivered... :unsure:

Per Colin above, he doesn't know what has been decided from here on out. Maybe others know what type of support GRAW will be getting in the future.

Honestly, and this is being a little bit selfish, I want to know if I should continue to hope for new content.

The game as it stands now with all the add ons was part of the release. Patches that make the game stable upto this point will and should be free, if the latest add on needs patching which it looks like it will this will be free.

Ubisoft have stated that more work will be done on the game after this release, what type of work and how exstensive it is not known at this point.

I don't like to be negative, but I'm afraid I have a hard time believing that Ubisoft doesn't know what their intentions are. Whether they will just fix bugs or release more content. I suspect that it will just be bugs and and further content will come in the way of expansion packs that we have to pay for.

And if that is the case then it appears we have all been led down the primrose path... but I think mostly by ourselves. We want the game to be more like [GR] even though I think that Ubisoft never intended that. (I could be wrong here.)

I do think that if we can some more things fixed or added, then we can all just go ahead and mod the heck outta the game to our liking.

I agree and can see them fixing any additional bugs with the new patch, or bugs that havent been addresed yet.

I would gladly pay for a mappack, especially if it continues to build on GRAW, the MP modes, SP issues, and coop issues.

I think given a chance GRIN can shine here, and make a decent profit, and really deliver what the fans wants, as they already have.

I think if they will be realeasing paid expansion packs then it IS in their interest to continue to support this game.

I think they can get it right, and if so the future looks bright for GRAW and the GR fans.

DeathDealer...

I don't like to be negative, but I'm afraid I have a hard time believing that Ubisoft doesn't know what their intentions are. Whether they will just fix bugs or release more content. I suspect that it will just be bugs and and further content will come in the way of expansion packs that we have to pay for.

Who said Ubisoft didn't know what their intentions were? Colin certainly didn't. He said WE don't know. Ubisoft is a major company and as such always has plans, but they also have a policy of pretty much never sharing those plans with the public.

Chances are, we won't know if there will be a next patch until/if it's officially announced, and we won't know if there will be an expansion pack until/if it's officially announced. I suspect UBI will front the money for one last patch (or have already made that part of the contract) to stabilize things (read: bug fixing only), then be done with it. Strictly my opinion, of course. Considering everything that comes out only seems to garner more and more complaints, I doubt they'd spend more money to give people something else to complain about.

I am all for an expansion pack..

I would like to see the following...

1- More of the maps in GRAW currently availalbe in more modes i.e. CO-OP mission maps availbe for Firefight..

2- New enviromental effects i.e. Rain

3- New enviroments i.e. forest, moutains

4- Maybe open up CO-OP missions to <4 peep (Not really a co-op guy but it would be nice to see for those people.

Honestly, I'd rather spend my money on a pay to play game that I can get 8 or so of my friend on a team and game together. Sadly, Graw has fallen well short in a number of areas and frankly I dont see much improvement so far.

After the BuuHuu comment from the lead Dev, honestly, I kinda hope it is because I dont have faith i the current Dev team to deliver any form of COOP that is playable by more than 4 peeps. I have more than 4 friends, and I'd like to game with them all. I saw a lot of promise in GRAW, but to me it has died on the vine. If you like the current game, great have fun and enjoy it. I'll take my gaming money elsewhere, no biggie. Heck they already got my 50$, do you really think Ubi cares?