MP Pack 3 (1.30) out now on Filefront.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just open up Add/Remove programs and uninstall the beta version, whats the difficulty ?

Or use the start menu option that the beta patch installer creates. "Uninstall Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Patch".

It works just fine. People just like to make things more difficult for themselves than necessary.

I'm not sure who this is referencing, as I was not one of the beta testers. The patch I downloaded was from the filefront location. I uninstalled the game and installed it fresh figuring to avoid the "files different from server issue" since I wasn't positive which files to remove from the mods. So I was just honestly asking if anyone would have an idea why I should be encountering problems. Any help is appreciated.

Just open up Add/Remove programs and uninstall the beta version, whats the difficulty ?

Or use the start menu option that the beta patch installer creates. "Uninstall Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Patch".

It works just fine. People just like to make things more difficult for themselves than necessary.

with the beta it didnt work unforetently but i woiuldnt know about the offcial patch yet.great to hear its out :)

with the beta it didnt work unforetently but i woiuldnt know about the offcial patch yet.great to hear its out :)

I got the message your version is up to date do you still want to continue, I clicked yes and off it went... no problemo at all Though the servers online need to bee sorted out some are still 1.21, 1.24 beta, 1.30 beta, and we only want 1.30 officcial now...

I'm not sure who this is referencing, as I was not one of the beta testers. The patch I downloaded was from the filefront location. I uninstalled the game and installed it fresh figuring to avoid the "files different from server issue" since I wasn't positive which files to remove from the mods. So I was just honestly asking if anyone would have an idea why I should be encountering problems. Any help is appreciated.

You might be confused yesterday, there are two versions of 1.30 about, the 1.30 beta will tell you altered gamefiles if you join with 1.30 official and vice versa..... so as soon as all servers are updated it should be just fine....

(and remember weapon mods will still be known as altered gamefiles if you join servers that don't allow them...)

Find your 'local' directory within GRAW and make sure NOTHING is in it (Move the contents to your desktop or somewhere) then try. This is part of the anti-cheat as it now check files in this area too including the blood mod which is a pain.

Find your 'local' directory within GRAW and make sure NOTHING is in it (Move the contents to your desktop or somewhere) then try. This is part of the anti-cheat as it now check files in this area too including the blood mod which is a pain.

Bro, thanks for your reply. I removed all the files from that directory as you suggested and I joined an [GR] coop game just fine. Hopefully I will catch some of you out in the field.

Peace

I downloaded the patch and installed, then found I couldn't join any of the new co-ops due to different files from the servers. Having a few simple mods installed, I figured that was the problem. After a fresh install and patching again, I am still getting the same error. The only thing I copied and put back into my install directory was my profile folder with my saves. Would anyone know if that should cause me a problem?

edit...

I have also tried creating my own server for [GR] coop and each time I crash with this same error.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.30

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant set this to a value (type: <void>)

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

I dont know this sort of happened to me once and I finaally got rid of my profile and then things worked.

I have no clue as to the crash log and what not

I cannot join any server. I can the message: "unable to join, could not connect to server." Also, when I click on the "server info" tab no statistics of the server will show up. I was one of the beta testers, but I first installed right over the beta, didn't work. I then deleted the entire GR:AW folder and replaced it with the backup I had made pre-beta, installed the newest patch, and still I cannot connect to any server. I even deleted everything in my "local" folder (only contained folders called french, german, polish, italian, spanish) to no avail. Very weird, anyone have any other suggestions before I go through the agony of reinstalling the entire game? If I have to reinstall, which folder do I need to copy to keep my saved checkpoints and key settings?

Thanks.

I cannot join any server. I can the message: "unable to join, could not connect to server." Also, when I click on the "server info" tab no statistics of the server will show up. I was one of the beta testers, but I first installed right over the beta, didn't work. I then deleted the entire GR:AW folder and replaced it with the backup I had made pre-beta, installed the newest patch, and still I cannot connect to any server. I even deleted everything in my "local" folder (only contained folders called french, german, polish, italian, spanish) to no avail. Very weird, anyone have any other suggestions before I go through the agony of reinstalling the entire game? If I have to reinstall, which folder do I need to copy to keep my saved checkpoints and key settings?

Thanks.

Usually not seeing the server info is due to your files not matching the server. Are you sure you don't have the beta instead of full patch? our server is up on 1.30 full... AttackforceZ.com [TDM 1.30] Test it there as it's definately the full version.

Try zooming in and peeking around a corner. (the Q key to lean left or E to lean right). Previoulsy you could do this and stafe 1 step in the same direction with no problem. With the new patch when take a step to the left or right while leening, you lose the leen for a half a second or so and then it automatically goes back to the leen. Anyone else notice this? And does it chap anyone elses ass like it does mine? And why in the hell would they change this with all the other problems the game had? Is everryone readied up? Who knows.

On a positive note the maps load up so much faster now. 8) beautiful.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Try zooming in and peeking around a corner. (the Q key to lean left or E to lean right). Previoulsy you could do this and stafe 1 step in the same direction with no problem. With the new patch when take a step to the left or right while leening, you lose the leen for a half a second or so and then it automatically goes back to the leen. Anyone else notice this? And does it chap anyone elses ass like it does mine? And why in the hell would they change this with all the other problems the game had? Is everryone readied up? Who knows.

On a positive note the maps load up so much faster now. 8) beautiful.

I haven't had this issue, but i use sticky peek and half straffe steps.

Try zooming in and peeking around a corner. (the Q key to lean left or E to lean right). Previoulsy you could do this and stafe 1 step in the same direction with no problem. With the new patch when take a step to the left or right while leening, you lose the leen for a half a second or so and then it automatically goes back to the leen. Anyone else notice this?

AFZ this has always happened to me. It is annoying after I got used to RVS "handling," however it is more realistic this way. I do not use sticky peek.

Hi guys...

I hate to be a drag...but here goes.

I did a clean re=install and am having crashes when i never used to have crashes.

1} BUG with other team members in single player.They get stuck in places when i tell them to follow me.ie. they bunch together and stop in a corner.Wierd i know

2}Crash when connecting to servers, i never had that before, and crahes while in siege mode.

3}New modes are good but hardly premimum content....A.I is harder, not nessecarily better trained if u know what i mean.Siege mode and [GR] coop are exactly that....TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS GAME....

4}I LOVE the origianl ghost recon. And while I never got to play Ghost recon 2 BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T RELEASE IT FOR PC - THIS IS GR3...i say again 3. So why didn't ALL the modes of the original come with GR3 and where are the SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF OTHER NEW MODES excluding the obvious. Both SINGLE and MULTI -PLAYER has been let down BADLY by ALL the people involved with the making and relaease of this game.

5}Modding support has come, but at a price....3 D Studio Max is needed,and not just that it has to be the older version. Therefore it is HIGHLY likely that all 3D editing of this game will be done on PIRATE software. Where is the sense in that from a publisher that CREATED A BUG BY BEING SO INTENT ON COPY PROTECTION.

6}They have not struck a good balance between DYING LIKE ITS A HILL PUSH IN KOREA and HAVING FUN LIKES IT's 1999...... THIS IS NOT A REALISISTIC MILITARY SIMULATOR...NOR SHOULD IT BE....BUT THEY INSIST IN GIVING US THE LEAST ENTERTAINING ASPECTS OF WAR REALISM WHICH IS RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF DEAD BODIES ON OUR SIDE.

7}While visually stunning . this game sometimes get a bit choppy on my machine.

2.4Ghz AMD

2 gig (best they make)

ASUS SLI board DELUX

400GB hard drive on two 10,000 rpm drives

7900GTS POINT OF VIEW

NEED I SAY MORE? with a setup that is more than adeqate, HOW IN THE HELL do they expect us to play it to it's maximum effect?

Futhermore, I have a ACER latop.IT IS A BEAST OF A MACHINE for the price I paid for.I play Operation Flashpoint on FULL with it At 2Km draw distance.

1.6GHZ Pentium "M"

2ghz ram

9700 Mobility Raedon with ATI tray tools

I.E the bottom of the cards supported by GRAW.

IT AVERAGES 20FPS - AND LOOKS TERRIBLE....BASICALLY UNPLAYABLE.

So my point it - ###### are they playing at with an incredable engine that no one can see ??

8}THEY ARE PLAYING CATCH UP WITH THE COMMUNITY THAT KNEW GR1.

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND THEY HAVE DONE US A DIS-SERVICE.

GRAW does not have the special forces FEEL that GR1 had. The narrative lacked belief and cohesion, and the main charactor WAS NOT FULLY DEVELOPED IN ANY WAY TO MAKE HIM A REAL CHARACTOR IN A FICTIONAL STORY. THIS IS THE BASIS OF GOOD WRITING AND THEY SEEM TO HAVE IGNORED IT.

9}*.I have stopped playing GRAW and sold my gear because of work and moving. I was working on a mod called SFOD-D. HOWEVER , SINCE ARMED ASSAULT IS OUT SOON, AND THAT THERE WILL BE MORE SUPPORT FOR IT, I HAS CHOSEN TO RESUME THIS MOD FOR ARMED ASSAULT. IN OTHER WORDS , WHY BOTHER MODDING A GAME THAT HAS BUGS TO BEGIN WITH, IS VERY COMPLEX, IS MADE WITH EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE, AND WHICH WILL PROBABLY NOT BE A CLASSIC AND AS SUCH A YEAR FROM NOW NO ONE WILL PLAY. PEOPLE STILL PLAY OPERATION FLASHPOINT EVERYDAY AND ITS 5 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10}MAN DID I JUST VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but as I typed all the problems in GRAW really ###### ME OFF. I'm sorry to be NEGATIVE as I was INTIALLY VERY POSITIVE TOWARDS GRIN. But I see big problems with what they have done with this game franchise. I guess there will be a patch for the 1.30 patch, as I have seen similar Crash complaints on GHOSTRECON.NET.

But really a VIDEO GAME IS A PIECE OF ART. It exists as such only when PLAYED AND ENJOYED. GRIN HAVE MADE BAD ART AS I NOW CANNOT ENJOY IT.

ITS LIKE A PAINTING U BUY UNFINSHED , AND WHEN IT IS FINISHED U REALISE U DONT LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS SO U BUY ANOTHER ONE..NAMELY ARMED ASSAULT!!

I hope you all understand that i am just a little annoyed right now and think someone should speak the reality of the situation.

Thanks.

Usually not seeing the server info is due to your files not matching the server. Are you sure you don't have the beta instead of full patch? our server is up on 1.30 full... AttackforceZ.com [TDM 1.30] Test it there as it's definately the full version.

Thanks Roco. I figured out I had to delete all the custom maps in my "local" folder, then I was able to get it work - am now able to connect to everything.

Rock on!

Hi guys...

I hate to be a drag...but here goes.

I did a clean re=install and am having crashes when i never used to have crashes.

1} BUG with other team members in single player.They get stuck in places when i tell them to follow me.ie. they bunch together and stop in a corner.Wierd i know

2}Crash when connecting to servers, i never had that before, and crahes while in siege mode.

3}New modes are good but hardly premimum content....A.I is harder, not nessecarily better trained if u know what i mean.Siege mode and [GR] coop are exactly that....TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS GAME....

4}I LOVE the origianl ghost recon. And while I never got to play Ghost recon 2 BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T RELEASE IT FOR PC - THIS IS GR3...i say again 3. So why didn't ALL the modes of the original come with GR3 and where are the SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF OTHER NEW MODES excluding the obvious. Both SINGLE and MULTI -PLAYER has been let down BADLY by ALL the people involved with the making and relaease of this game.

I hope you all understand that i am just a little annoyed right now and think someone should speak the reality of the situation.

I Cant disagree with that.