So Srry to all of the COOP players out there

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some attention needs to be paid here... I'm about to say something enlightening to everyone...

You already know that the community is angry, that people have some very fragile egoes and it doesn't take much to stir something up...

What people have been doing consistently and constantly is this...

Poking a stick into an already angry hornets nest, then not expect some form of fallout from doing so.

Honestly, people... If you have a problem with someone, a group or whatever, shouldn't you use the utmost common sense and take it directly to the person/group you have a problem with instead of poking a stick into an already angry hornets nest?

It makes no sense at all to me why people continually do this... Do you get some form of sexual gratification out of it?

It's absolutely proposterous to continually do something that you know will step on peoples egoes to the point of starting a flame/forum war.

ZA, while I do understand how you feel... You have ultimately pitted the community against itself and also against GRiN.

While you may have had good intentions, sometimes that's all it is... Nothing good can be gained from such an action as a good intention. We all have good intentions, but not all the time are they accepted nor approved of.

Therein is where the fault lays... Good Intentions.

I understand the helplessness of the whole situation, the feeling of betrayal and the distrust... However, it could have been easily and more maturely been handled privately instead of how it's been handled publically.

I admit that I may have been wrong with the way I posted originally, but I felt it was the only way to get my point across.

While some of you will truly read what I've had to say here, you may agree to disagree with me.

If you have a problem with what I just said, feel free to "PM" me about it.

**EDIT**

This is a two-way street, and both sides need to realize this, including GRiN.

I have a problem...

I agree with your post.

:D

Did ZA call Bo a liar and Bo call him & his supporters trolls?

popc1.gif

I wouldn't want this thread to get off topic.

On a related note, when I was young, not necessarily just my parents, but society at large seemed to indicate to me that if I did all right in school, including university, that life would be pretty good & all kinds of opportunities would be mine. What happened with that?

And on an unrelated note, is adv mp fun now?

Edited by Mopap

Back on topic:

COOP BOTTOM LINE: Tournaments will not be worth organizing so long as teams are limited to 4 players.

Aside form COOP MISSIONS, I think the game is great and getting better by the month. I'll continue to play it....

For now we could look at a XMAS FF Tournie? My first ever tournie in GR1 was 2004 110 Firefight and was awesome. Loads of clans joined and all had a ball. Maybe by then we got the rest figured?

Tinker

<_<

I think some attention needs to be paid here... I'm about to say something enlightening to everyone...

You already know that the community is angry, that people have some very fragile egoes and it doesn't take much to stir something up...

What people have been doing consistently and constantly is this...

Poking a stick into an already angry hornets nest, then not expect some form of fallout from doing so.

Honestly, people... If you have a problem with someone, a group or whatever, shouldn't you use the utmost common sense and take it directly to the person/group you have a problem with instead of poking a stick into an already angry hornets nest?

It makes no sense at all to me why people continually do this... Do you get some form of sexual gratification out of it?

It's absolutely proposterous to continually do something that you know will step on peoples egoes to the point of starting a flame/forum war.

ZA, while I do understand how you feel... You have ultimately pitted the community against itself and also against GRiN.

While you may have had good intentions, sometimes that's all it is... Nothing good can be gained from such an action as a good intention. We all have good intentions, but not all the time are they accepted nor approved of.

Therein is where the fault lays... Good Intentions.

I understand the helplessness of the whole situation, the feeling of betrayal and the distrust... However, it could have been easily and more maturely been handled privately instead of how it's been handled publically.

I admit that I may have been wrong with the way I posted originally, but I felt it was the only way to get my point across.

While some of you will truly read what I've had to say here, you may agree to disagree with me.

If you have a problem with what I just said, feel free to "PM" me about it.

**EDIT**

This is a two-way street, and both sides need to realize this, including GRiN.

Since I've been criticized by others (somewhat rightfully though) for making my comments via PM and not in public, I'll defer the invitation to PM and instead bring this question out in the open:

Since when do YOU represent the 'COMMUNITY'?

I don't recall voting on this one, and can think of a few hundred other members here I'd put before you. I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Let the 'community' speak for itself. It did well enough at that long before you came around.

And YES, I still respect your opinion. You don't have to be an [GR] player (and YOU aren't) to have an intelligent and thoughtful opinion on GRAW (and YOU do).

Though you seemed to entirely miss the point about what it is that the COOP MISSION (I say again, COOP MISSION) (in case you missed it, COOP MISSION) fans wanted from this game.

Some of us (YOU and I included) look at more than just COOP MISSION, but this thread was started about some confusion or misinformation (unclear which at this point) about addressing the single most important criticism of COOP MISSION (do I need to repeat it yet again or has it FINALLY been made clear?). And it's gotten really ugly in the last few pages.

But I SWEAR, if you bring up FireFight or Recon (ie- the '[GR] COOP' which I really enjoy) in reference to the many criticisms of COOP MISSION so far in this thread, quoting your vast experience and expertise with the [GR] demo, it will only prove you're illiterate AND mentally unsuitable to own a computer.

Is that clear enough or do I need to spell it out in crayola?

@Tinker: yeah, I think that looks to be within reach, assuming the AS guys still have it in them to go through with it. I agree, a GRAW Xmas110 would rock. BIGTIME.

in reply to Sierra Novembers post(well and others, but its the one I read most carefully) 0:)

.its just way too long to quote:)

Bo´s post wasnt tactless, it was a humourous reply to being called a liar. seriously people...

And when it comes to sending out press releases on dates and releases and that we should come forward with more info before hand etc etc, is just silly when some people here has just demonstrated excactly why we shouldnt do that. because if we do and things dont get delivered excactly like "promised" we get shat on. :o

you havent noticed a trend of the more info and what not we give out the more you want? if we give you a finger you want the whole hand and if the hand doesnt taste the way you want it to its an outrage. :ph34r:

we are trying to keep a rather healthy relationships with you guys by posting here and taking in ideas and feedback and incorporating it into the game but sometimes I understand why so few developers do this, its really quite stressfull.Bo and other has said this and that in the past and, not with the intention of lying "decieving" any one, but sometimes stuff just cant make it into the final product for one reason or another, and its really staggeringly disrespectfull to call someone a liar over something like that.

we really enjoy being here so dont misunderstand me on that but sometimes a few of you can really step over the line of whats nessescary and common courtesy and that is bad for both you, us and the community.

lets have a drink and play MP3 now shall we? :zorro:w00t:ph34r:

It's called the voice of reason... Something that some people seem to have missed along the line.

If I bring myself off as the representative of the community, that's your perspective, but it certainly isn't mine.

We all need a voice of reason from time to time, and that's all that I was doing...

I will admit that my first couple of posts were done quite hastily and even brought out a little anger in me.

Say what you will about [GR], the Demo, or whatever else game, the point was again missed about my very last post.

You may disagree with what I had previously said, and may even disagree with what my last post mentioned.

But, the absolute point is... People keep poking a stick into an already angry hornets nest and do not expect any kind of fallout from it.

**EDIT**

We are all representatives of this community from the day we registered on the site.

Edited by ToW-Angel

in reply to Sierra Novembers post(well and others, but its the one I read most carefully) 0:)

.its just way too long to quote:)

Bo´s post wasnt tactless, it was a humourous reply to being called a liar. seriously people...

And when it comes to sending out press releases on dates and releases and that we should come forward with more info before hand etc etc, is just silly when some people here has just demonstrated excactly why we shouldnt do that. because if we do and things dont get delivered excactly like "promised" we get shat on. :o

you havent noticed a trend of the more info and what not we give out the more you want? if we give you a finger you want the whole hand and if the hand doesnt taste the way you want it to its an outrage. :ph34r:

we are trying to keep a rather healthy relationships with you guys by posting here and taking in ideas and feedback and incorporating it into the game but sometimes I understand why so few developers do this, its really quite stressfull.Bo and other has said this and that in the past and, not with the intention of lying "decieving" any one, but sometimes stuff just cant make it into the final product for one reason or another, and its really staggeringly disrespectfull to call someone a liar over something like that.

we really enjoy being here so dont misunderstand me on that but sometimes a few of you can really step over the line of whats nessescary and common courtesy and that is bad for both you, us and the community.

lets have a drink and play MP3 now shall we? :zorro:w00t:ph34r:

this isn't about the whole hand Wille, it's about one guys Zeroalpha who "Feels" he has mislead us by the information Bo gave him. Yes, we are a demanding crowd but that's because we love our gaming. so many titles sink due mostly to developers like EA for example who don't give a rats behind what the community wants. the conveyor belt of capitalism.

But Zeroalpha apparently asked Bo something about COOP support and was told from what it appears that it was going to happen. but it seems it won't happen at all, alienating a huge crowd who looked forward to mission play, mission developing to foster cooperative tournaments. I'm not talking about just shooting bad guys. we're talking about pure abilities to design custom missions rife(sp?) with objectives for clans to compete to see who can complete missions for an end result or points for tournament wins

Edited by Papa6

' date='Sep 12 2006, 09:11 PM' post='419236']

Someone poke my eyes out before I refresh the page again!

lol i was just thinking the same thing. Look the post has a start a middle and with old willys post that seems like a great end just lock it plz. :group:

Thanks, GRiN_Willie. THAT is what we'd like to hear from you guys (though most of it has been said before). You're alright, I don't care what GRiN_stickan says about you... ;)

grin_stickan should keep his norweigan mouth shut if he knows whats best for him!:)

Thanks, GRiN_Willie. THAT is what we'd like to hear from you guys (though most of it has been said before). You're alright, I don't care what GRiN_stickan says about you... ;)

No no no! Don't feed Willie's already over-blown ego. Ever see the movie Anchorman when Will Ferrel struts around the office with a huge bulge in his pants? According to GRiN_stickan, Willie does that all the time "just because."

After readin this long post ,all I can say is, GRAW is as good as the old GR when it comes to T vs T, maybe a little more tweaking, but nothing major. But when it comes to Mission coop, is not even close. Firefight is great , recon needs work. Willy about this coment :

"you havent noticed a trend of the more info and what not we give out the more you want? if we give you a finger you want the whole hand and if the hand doesnt taste the way you want it to its an outrage"

The biggest mistake Grin made was releasing the game incomplete. Our expectations were always the same, never changed, so saying the more we got the more we wanted, are not correct. In my opinion GRAW is a great game and is the only one I'm playing now. I commend you guys (GRIN) for the way you guys hang around here and try to help and inform the community. Would I like to see GRAW Mission mode be like GR? hell yes. I get tire real quick of games like BF2 that are just run and gun, with little tactics. If GRAW mission mode can be fix, this will be the best tactical/Simulation game around, bar none. Thanks GRIN for all your help and letting us participate in the development. But a word of advice, My favorite game company is Valve, cus they only release games when they are done. I would have preffer that GRAW came out for Christmas 2006 than when it came out. Don't get me wrong, GRAW in my opinion is a very good game and you guys should be proud of it.

But a word of advice, My favorite game company is Valve, cus they only release games when they are done. I would have preffer that GRAW came out for Christmas 2006 than when it came out. Don't get me wrong, GRAW in my opinion is a very good game and you guys should be proud of it.

if they had waited any longer people would have been complaing about how it wasn't released yet. there was already a huge out cry of people constantly demanding it be released. They release it with a promise to support it and people still complain. They've done a great job supporting it, and people still complain. GRiN just can't win it seems.

I would have preffer that GRAW came out for Christmas 2006 than when it came out. Don't get me wrong, GRAW in my opinion is a very good game and you guys should be proud of it.

I actually considered that GRIN & Ubi Shanghai were both like...hell, we can't get this (GRAW and SCDA, respectively) done boss. And Ubi was like, oh no, ONE of u is going to be "finished" by the end of Q1, we gots mouths to feed. And made them draw straws.

But a word of advice, My favorite game company is Valve, cus they only release games when they are done. I would have preffer that GRAW came out for Christmas 2006 than when it came out. Don't get me wrong, GRAW in my opinion is a very good game and you guys should be proud of it.

if they had waited any longer people would have been complaing about how it wasn't released yet. there was already a huge out cry of people constantly demanding it be released. They release it with a promise to support it and people still complain. They've done a great job supporting it, and people still complain. GRiN just can't win it seems.

Let me see , if you go to buy a car and pay full price, would you go home with the tires only, since I'm going to send you the rest of the car little by little?

if you buy a movie on DVD, will you want to go home with half the movie and download the rest later?

If you buy a PC, would you go home without the memmory, since they are going to ship the memmory later?

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!! You know what is dooming Pc gaming????? Publishers releasing the games before they are done and them realesing lots of patches to fix the games! Now days 95% of game publishers do this, is not acceptable, and thats the bottom line. If you expect to receive half of what you pay for, I would love to have you as a coustumer :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Edited by Retlaw