GRAW Monster Gaming Servers will be patched and ready

We are happy to announce that all our GRAW servers will be patched to Map Pack 3 and on the air by the time the patch is released.

A huge thanks to GRIN for really helping out the gaming server provider community, I have never seen a developer go to such lengths to provide us GSPs with such assistance and support! Way to go GRIN, your number 1 in my book!

So if you are on the fence about leasing a server, I urge you to take advantage of the pre-order pricing as the MP3 patch release is coming very soon!

Doesn't look like any other GSP's participated in the beta, if they did, they didn't have any questions or were quiet. And they would have MP3 by now and be offering it.

If they did not participate then they would have to wait just like you to get the SADS and figure out how to configure it and how it works.

One of the reasons we like to participate in betas.

Thanks for the response, but I was hoping for a response from GRIN (it was kind of rhetorical, because I'm under the impression they cannot answer those types of questions). No offense LOL

I wish good luck to you (MGS) on this, because what's good for you (as far as GRAW is concerned) is good for the community!

You do need the entire game to run the sads on the server.

And thanks Cangaroo, appreciate it, agreed we have a great community going on here.

Wait a minute. So a copy of GRAW is needed to run a server with SADS? How is that different from other dedicated servers running with an extra copy of GRAW without SADS? Isn't that the point of SADS is to run a game server without the need of an extra copy of a specific game?

Edited by asaHi.

You need the entire game on the server, but you can run multiple instances of GRAW servers on it if you so desire. Hope that makes sense LOL

Please tell me it'll run fine on a proper server box without having to have a silly dx grahpics card in the machine.

Please tell me it'll run fine on a proper server box without having to have a silly dx grahpics card in the machine.

Dunno, all my gaming servers have onboard video mobos so we don't run into issues like this.

ah - I have ze full dual opteron 250 cpu 1u tyan box which has the usual 8mb video - guess I'll hunt the guys from GRIN down with a big knife (just kidding Bo & staff - :rofl: ) if it turns out that something like a radeon 7600 + is needed.

Technically you can patch your own game, upload it to your server, and run the sads exe and be fine. no need to buy another copy. yes it will take a long time to upload and you have to go through the process everytime there is a patch but it is technically a sads.

It's not what was really wanted but it does work.

Technically you can patch your own game, upload it to your server, and run the sads exe and be fine. no need to buy another copy. yes it will take a long time to upload and you have to go through the process everytime there is a patch but it is technically a sads.

Kind of like the so-called "AA". Not exactly what people really wanted.

No need to re-upload, just run the patch and yer good to go. :thumbsup:

I can tell you that the servers seem to be doing quite a bit of the game physics, etc; it does require current generation hardware and excellent connectivity to run it properly.

I dont recommend anything less than a dual core system with 1 G of ram to run it properly if you plan on having an active server.

Clientside, yes I have notice quite a bit more performance.

Edited by Bonehead

I can tell you that the servers seem to be doing quite a bit of the game physics, etc; it does require current generation hardware and excellent connectivity to run it properly.

I dont recommend anything less than a dual core system with 1 G of ram to run it properly if you plan on having an active server.

Clientside, yes I have notice quite a bit more performance.

Thanks for the answers. My clan (s2|) runs a Raven Shield server and are planning to host a GRAW server as well. I'll discuss this with the leader about this and refer him to your website.

actually to add to this... hyperthreading P4's are fine due to there virtual processor. Ours runs at 50% load and is really responsive. (less with sads... around 40-45%. I would not recommend a single threaded amd. Dual is of course best rather amd or intel for serving it.

It is possible to run them just fine on an HT machine or single core AMD, I just wouldn't sell it to customers! Just a personal and professional opinon. LOL For a casual type user, sure no problemo, but definately not for commercial hosting.

Only way IMOHO to run GRAW SADS and deliver a good solid server is on a Dual Core machine Intel or AMD, I just happen to prefer Intel for hosting applications :D .