MP Pack 3 Released soon ?

' date='Sep 11 2006, 01:18 PM' post='418603'] I don't speak French:

http://www.ghostrecon.com/fr/newspost.php?...ebbe05c031db02f

Translated at http://ets.freetranslation.com/

The beta test took fine, and we were anxious to thank all the beta-testeurs for their precious contribution. The Multiplayer Pack#3 for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter should arrive next week. Remain connected!

Ubi Fr.

Dear Beta Testers,

UBISOFT and the GHOST RECON Team would like to thank you for your participation to the GRAW MP Pack 3 beta test. Your comments and remarks have been very profitable and allow us to deliver a qualitative new multiplayer experience to the GR community.

GRAW MP Pack 3 will be released in a few days.

See you soon!

-The GR Team

Seeing as it all appears done and dusted and ready for release can someone answer some questions.

1: Has the number of players able to play MISSION based Co-op increased from 4?

2: Has the Mitchell dead game over been sorted in MISSION based Co-op and if so does someone else then have access to the Team Leader functions such as waypointing on the map etc?

Hope someone is able to/allowed to answer this.

1: Has the number of players able to play MISSION based Co-op increased from 4?

1: No, the patch does however have "RECON" and "FIREFIGHT" [GR] COOP.

Thanks, and that seems to make a lot of sense as far as the SP missions are concerned. I would think they would tend to be very easy if they could be completed within an 8 or 12 person coop environment.

Do all players get "sound" that team leader gets? Kind of like when teamleader gets a report Enemy down, will others hear it too? Real shame you kept COOP at 4 people, when we have more then 4 people I guess we'll play something else. Had clan members on the fence and that alone (COOP 4)killed them buying it.

Do all players get "sound" that team leader gets? Kind of like when teamleader gets a report Enemy down, will others hear it too? Real shame you kept COOP at 4 people, when we have more then 4 people I guess we'll play something else. Had clan members on the fence and that alone (COOP 4)killed them buying it.

Check the OGZR component on release instead.

I'm really, really excited for the next map pack. I really, really hope it makes everyone happy. I really, really hope we get it this week.

:thumbsup:

Me to. I am looking forward to having the 12 player coop. The news about the change to the way the commander works in regular coop is also good to. I wonder what kind of bug fixes the patch will have?

I wish...been my beef from day one. ALL the components are there as far as sound to even have ROE.(how many times have you heard the AI acknowledge and order you didnt give with:"Roger that, aggressive") Not too mention that the most important one from SP that didnt make the MP part even to the TL is "Reloading"

i don't want to be a party pooper but don't get your hopes up too high, knowing this will resault in ugly forum posts >-<

but it is for me a good patch that surely brought hope and good fun

hope you all enjoy it as i (we) did in beta testing

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter version 1.30

CHANGENOTES 04/09/2006

Last Additions:

* A ready indicator for MP modes has been added.

* Map download feature has been added.

Server admins can link to a map's location on a web server in the autogenerated map_downloads.xml file, and when clients attempts to join they will be offered to download the map. When the download is completed, the client must restart his game in order to load the new map.

* An extensive list of GRAW mod documentation can be found in the SupportEditor tutorials folder.

* New gametype Siege added.

One team defends and holds a vital zone while the other attempts to get inside it. If the attackers remain alive inside the zone for more than 4 seconds, they win the game.

* New gametype [GR] Coop added.

[GR] coop brings back firefight and recon winning conditions to GRAW, and compliments the Cooperative campaign mode in the game.

* Standalone dedicated server executable added.

This executable will load context-dedicated.xml, which in turn reads servers_shared.xml in /Settings. Servers_shared.xml lets you specify a server password and other server settings. Please note that the minimum game CPU requirement still applies, or you might start experiencing connection issues.

* Server administration console added.

A complete list of commands can be found in Support/Commands.txt

* A new speedhack detection system has been added to the anticheat.

* You can now add favorites by entering the server's ip in the favorites interface.

This allows you to enter a custom ip for a server and connect directly. Note that you need to be logged in to Gamespy first, in order to register with your nickname.

* Added nightvision toggle for Deathcam

* Added a new checkbox in the Cooperative campaign that allows players to continue even if Mitchell dies.

* Added kit restrictions.

Enable these either in the server creation interface or through the admin console. You can mix and match to customize your server.

* Added a new 3 Mbit/s limit for server admins.

You can now increase the alloted game bandwidth to 3 Mbit, from a previous maximum of 1.5. This is the maximum total a server may use and share between it's clients, but please note that while a higher bandwidth setting can decrease latency and improve lag issues, it will increase the processor load on the server. The bandwidth setting only affects servers.

* Added "Next map" to the multiplayer loading screen.

* Updated the Editor to allow outputting Siege and [GR] Coop maps.

Press F1 in the editor to access the help screen for each layer. There's also a tutorial and a sample level in the Support directory.

Fixes:

* Fixed aspect ratio bug with widescreen monitors.

* Fixed shot/hit effect going off on spawn and sometimes when chatting.

* Fixed issue where a player could get stuck in run animation.

* Fixed several crash bugs.

* The server info button now always shows the correct map name

* Fixed glitch where you could run while crouching and still shoot.

* Fixed an exit bug that would cause GRAW to perform an illegal operation when exiting.

* Fixed some CrossCom camera glitches.

* A number of typos and small glitches have been fixed.