Papa6

Gamespot - 7.8

IGN - 8.1

Yahoo! Games - 4.5/5

CNET - 7.8

Gamezone - 8.8

Games Xtreme - 9.5

Metacritic - 80/100

As you can see, most of the reviews this game received were just glowing with praise upon release. The major downsides that they listed (for the average users) are the extreme hardware requirements and the lack of options in multiplayer. If the game was released in the form it will have after MP3 this game would have been a much bigger success. I hope that these features are kept as a standard in GR4 and R6 5 so they don't suffer the same fate.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like Pretty graphics & SP (I'll give grin the SP) & unfinished MP & months to get a SEQUEL to a game you loved= ALIVE. IF you bought GR1 cause you loved R6 & loved GR even more & expected GRAW to be the better GR. DEAD. I had more fun playing ROGUE SPEAR online. Like alot of others have said.....this is AW not GRAW.

Gamespot - 7.8

IGN - 8.1

Yahoo! Games - 4.5/5

CNET - 7.8

Gamezone - 8.8

Games Xtreme - 9.5

Metacritic - 80/100

As you can see, most of the reviews this game received were just glowing with praise upon release. The major downsides that they listed (for the average users) are the extreme hardware requirements and the lack of options in multiplayer. If the game was released in the form it will have after MP3 this game would have been a much bigger success. I hope that these features are kept as a standard in GR4 and R6 5 so they don't suffer the same fate.

Did any of these people that rated the game play GR1 day after day for 5 years waiting for GR2? Yes i've bought alot of games since GR1 came out but I always ended up going back to GR1. Gameplay...Multiplay....mods. You can't beat GR1. I read Tom Clancy books, I play Tom clancy games. This is not 1.

Did any of these people that rated the game play GR1 day after day for 5 years waiting for GR2? Yes i've bought alot of games since GR1 came out but I always ended up going back to GR1. Gameplay...Multiplay....mods. You can't beat GR1. I read Tom Clancy books, I play Tom clancy games. This is not 1.

Does it matter? If someone played and loved [GR] doesn't mean they automatically have to hate GRAW.

The net code from UT

The AI from BLIZZARD

The graphics from HL2

The editor from Crytech and UT

Blah

I would have settled on the mod and map making from any of the above mentioned. No map download, editor in the stone age, 3DS max for new items. Please, given how much [GR] was modded. I think no one in the GRIN/UBI camp has a clue. I will take anything from the above mentioned, but I cannot take this crap being thrown out. GRIN/UBI your draw distance, editor, mod managment, all need much work. I will not even touch the problems with the game. If you cannot promote mods the game is dead. This is the 21st century of gaming, and if you cannot manage a simple thing as downloading maps, I have no respect for your game.

If this was not meant to be a sequel or steal my and everyone else's money, why have

GR in the name. You got my 50, but never again.

Sorry

DEAD

Edited by WillieP

Gamespot - 7.8

IGN - 8.1

Yahoo! Games - 4.5/5

CNET - 7.8

Gamezone - 8.8

Games Xtreme - 9.5

Metacritic - 80/100

You forgot 1up.com. :)

9.0... I think.

Edited by Hockeystick

For me--It is now shelved. I can't find more than 1 server with a decent amount of players and when I do play, I get dropped constantly. I truly believe Grin made a valant effort and hopefully they can right the ship. I will try again when the next patch comes out. AA 2.7 for me right now.

Alive, but on life support. I like playing GRAW, especially online, but I cant' get more than two rounds in without getting disconnected, either for faulty anti-cheat saying I have altered files, or for other unknown reasons. It's very frustrating, and I usually don't try more than a few times before I give up and move to another game. I come back because when it's good, it's really good, but I don't see it lasting another year in it's current state. It needs some serious help. Unfortunately, it's hard these days for a game to spring up after being down. As for the serious help, its what we have been saying it needs all along: Mission/campaign editing, de/activation of mods, stable online play, effective anti-cheat. I know this has been overstated and some people will roll their eyes, but ORG had the mod and server thing perfect: No .xml editing, simple interfaces, and it was fully integrated into the game. Believe it or not, there are people out there who don't want to or are unwilling to edit .xml files or to manually move files around just to play on one server or another. I am willing to bet that's the majority of non-hardcore players. And those are the people who will fill up servers. Go online and is the same 100 people all the time. 100 peope is nothing. 100 people isn't enough to justify keeping a server running. Even if you leave [GR] out of the comparison, GRAW is lacking in this respect against ANY modern multiplayer game. As soon as people start comparing GRAW to [GR], other people start yelling how they weren't meant to be the same game. I'm not making any observations about gameplay. I think it's fine the way it is, for the most part. Its the level of frustration that will drive people away and kill the game. After that, it's the availability of content. That is directly tied to how easy it is to mod. Right now, other than map making, it's not easy to mod at all. So, that's my view. I hope it came across as constructive, rather than griping. Prognosis: Alive, slim chance for full recovery with intensive therapy.

Alive. Life support removed, and it's still hanging in there. But it's not nearly out of the woods yet, and things are still 'touchy', according to all us little nurses who keep running in and out of its room in the Intensive Care Unit. Will need a few more operations, of course. Just keep Mr. GRAW in your prayers and let's hope he makes it through this...

Of course, you need to go ahead and make peace with the fact he'll never look the same as he used to ([GR]), and will likely need a LOT of therapy (MODS/Expansions) before he goes back to work (matching online), assuming he makes it out of the ICU...

Not something you'd like ot hear about a dear relative, is it? At least no one's lying...

Im sorry guys,But,I play it all the time.Im a late nighter though,after 11 pm est.No body on unfortuntaly except for the Beer guys.Ubi ,upon release,alienated alot of players with the game types it released with the game and the hardware required to play.I dont think it was the game type as much as the hardware requirements.Half my guys still cant play.Sorry ,but not everybody can afford a computer upgrade every year.But,stating that.Its a boondogel.The last patch has caused more problems now.and since this is the last patch before a expansion pack is released,well.You get my meaning.Its just one cluster p oop after another.I still love the game,most of my gaming time is spent playing Graw.My hardware can handel it.I havent had any major issues.It was a big step.Maybe a little to far.But,its future proof with some more work.Unfortunitly I dont see alot of you guys over at the UBI forums helping out very much.Notice I said alot.some of you do.Not everyone knows about this site.They expect help from ubi.Frank-Lee..lol..They arent getting it over there.So that turns alot of people off.Poor customer service.A comunity makes a game.We lost half the comunity.As of now,the game types are there.The maps arent.Even though they are differnt.They all Have the same textures ,look and feel.I think the lack of color has something to do with it.Sorry ,but Mexico is a colorful place.Just look at why so many people play the ADD CSS.Its very colorfull.You use very simple tactics.The next issue is maps themselves.[GR] Had choke points that reflected the amount of players in a server.Some Graw maps have unlimited tactical points of intrest,so you have to go find everyone.To me thats great.I can sneak past.Lots of tactics you can use.But,might be to much for most players.3 choke points would seam to be the best for most maps with the amount of players that most servers can handel.No forests?come on.I like all the options personaly.But.With the big maps sound is very important.Ive got a Xfi.And they are still screwed up sometimes.Probably the biggest killer was leaving out stand-alone-server software.The comunity could have had a thousand servers up in 24 hours.We were ready.But as time passed and content tricalled down with promises of something to come.Hope disapeared.Theres lots of reasons,alot of us love the game,but that aint going to get it.I played [GR] from the begining.It took some time to make it a great game.At the end there was hardley anyone playing compared to other games.Alot of people went back to [GR] because they couldent get that feel in any other game.If you are a [GR] fan,Be happy we got anything at all.Look at the numbers.9,000 people playing CSS online,100 playing GRAW.Lets hope our GRIN brothers will pull the prize out of the hat in time not to loose everyone else.They have got to make Stand alone server software that will alow you to download maps and mods from the server.Thats the only way to keep fresh content coming down easy.Sure we dont mind getting a map pack from a web sight.You could say we are advanced users to.Thats why css is so atractive,it does it for you.Good luck and see ya online...

ALIVE for me

I reckon after all of this nonsense with GRAW and you diehards are still here, that the GRIN crew could walk up to you, spread your legs, knee you fair in the nuts, and you'd still love GRIN and their "game".

So to answer the poll:

If GRAW is not dead now, it will definitely be in about 50 days when ArmA hits the shelves.

jUST MY OPINION.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Alive. Life support removed, and it's still hanging in there. But it's not nearly out of the woods yet, and things are still 'touchy', according to all us little nurses who keep running in and out of its room in the Intensive Care Unit. Will need a few more operations, of course. Just keep Mr. GRAW in your prayers and let's hope he makes it through this...

Of course, you need to go ahead and make peace with the fact he'll never look the same as he used to ([GR]), and will likely need a LOT of therapy (MODS/Expansions) before he goes back to work (matching online), assuming he makes it out of the ICU...

Not something you'd like ot hear about a dear relative, is it? At least no one's lying...

I think he has haemorrhaged too much blood (players) to make a full recovery and its only a matter of time before the machine that goes "beep... beep... beep..." will be going "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

But thinking about an expansion pack (a miracle recovery), if one ever does happen I wonder how it will be marketed: "Ubisoft are proud to announce an expansion pack for the critically acclaimed... urm.... and award winning PC game.... no, thats not it, errr.... the really limp effort at continuing the GR PC franchise...., no wait, perhaps.... the initial debacle of the original AW release...".

However they word it - it would need some serious spin.

With alot of people on one side of the fence saying Graw lives, there's another camp who say that GRAW is dead and even dead on Arrival(since the release date). The only way to know for sure is to see where GRAW stands. I guess we can keep the vote open until Friday evening around 8:30PM EST(i believe that to be 2:30AM UK time) then I 'll post a closing post here and we can count how many alives vs dead and know for sure what is going on. NYR or ZJJ or Rocky can lock the thread at that time and stop people from posting just to see how many folks here are with or against GRAW. I will not vote

Just to give a fair assessment, simply reply with either;

Alive

-or-

Dead

*please note: this isn't for bragging rights, but to see just how many people in this community think it lives on or is dead. no giving reasons why to allow for a easier count

No Grinner's or Ubisofter's to pad the vote either!!! :hehe:

No anger... no angst... but my vote is Dead.

I had to re-install XP this weekend on my games machine (New Conroe processor upgrade...heh heh) and I finally had to ask myself if it was worth the time and disc space to re-install GRAW. I installed [GR], BF2/SF, etc... I was avoiding the question. In the end, I didn't do it.

First - I am SURE there are people who enjoy the snot out of GRAW. I've never thought I spoke for anyone other than myself and my wallet.

I derived virtually no entertainment from GRAW. I feel taken for spending $50 for a beta product in May. I don't see how some of the basic things I feel GRAW is missing (Quick Saves, anyone?) can ever be implemented in GRAW given the game architecture that was used. I didn't want [GR]... what I wanted was for someone to take [GR] as the foundation and build upon on. GRAW scrapped the foundation and started over from scratch...

So, back to [GR] and BF2/SF, and on to new games. I am STILL a dedicated GR fan so I am most definitely hoping for a GR4 that comes closer to the original experience of [GR] and builds from there.

So, when do we get a GR4 forum so we can move our bitching and ranting over there? :huh:0:):P

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Edited by kretzj

i m one of the Most Dedicated Gamer of GRAW (xfire:doomyzr) ! i played this game more than 750 hrs online ! what i can say here is GRAW dying , if ubisoft/grin won't do anything more !! i have been played the new patch 1.3 . it was great but still have problem like close range GL will crash the game and also timer bug when u join the game in progress .... etc

if one of the admin of ubisoft/grin read this post (holpfully), plz take my suggestion !

- make more promotion for the game such as ladders in community

- prepare an extenstion pack for GRAW asap ! such as island thunder from [GR]. i don't think ppl will care about buying an extension pack for this game !

- if possible, plz don't use gamespy with yr game !! we r all missing that chating lobby from [GR].

The latest patch is out and I can now comment.

Unfortunately, my interest in GRAW has declined. (What can I say, I'm a coop guy :) )

I tried so hard to keep the faith...keep the hope...keep on believing...

Alas, it wasn't so. No problem...Actually, I'm not even miffed over spending that much money on release day. You win some, you lose some.

Honestly, I have more fun playing GR1. Unless mission-coop is delivered, I'll just play what I enjoy and I'll be happy.

Peace...Good times and good gaming to you all.