Question about the MR-C

Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm just curious as to why when all the other ARs do a "tactical" reload, they have one round still in the chamber for 31 or 21 rounds after reloading, but the MR-C stays at 50? Is caseless ammo any different (other than the obvious I mean)? I'd still think that there would be one round chambered.

If this can't really be answered, I understand since it's really only in its "mockup" stage with no working prototypes yet. Thanks for any answers though.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm just curious as to why when all the other ARs do a "tactical" reload, they have one round still in the chamber for 31 or 21 rounds after reloading, but the MR-C stays at 50? Is caseless ammo any different (other than the obvious I mean)? I'd still think that there would be one round chambered.

If this can't really be answered, I understand since it's really only in its "mockup" stage with no working prototypes yet. Thanks for any answers though.

Well that's just an assumption by GRIN since the only thing close, the LMG11 was a more complex version of the G11 system. And they assumed, that a caseless weapon would be belted, in which it's not. So by going from this diagram on the HKPRO topic:

g11lmgfeed.jpg

http://www.hkpro.com/g11lmg.htm

You can say truthfully that the rounds are individual, not a belted or one "block" per se. However, if you want to make it capable, add this line:

<!-- Fire modes -->

<var name="fire_modes" value="3"/> <!-- 1 = semi, 2 = semi+auto, 3 = semi+auto+burst -->

<var name="fire_rate_semi" value="0.120"/> <!-- minimum time between bullets in semi mode -->

<var name="fire_rate_auto" value="0.068"/> <!-- time between bullets on full auto -->

<var name="fire_rate_burst" value="0.068"/> <!-- time between bullets in burts mode -->

<var name="fire_burst_count" value="3"/> <!-- the amount of bullets to fire in a row in burst mode -->

<var name="admits_reload_firing" value="true"/> <!-- Can be fired during a Tactical reload -->

Just extract the original "u_crye.xml" and copy and paste it at the appropriate spot, and mimic the folders, and it'll work :thumbsup:

Or download my MR-C68 mod where I enabled it.

Edited by EricJ

Actually by the link under the image, it was discontinued. And honestly no, the magazine should never have something integral to the firing mechanism, except of course the feed opening for the rounds.

Edited by EricJ

I remember reading something about caseless rifles in a Mack Bolan novel as a middle school student back in the mid eighties. That being said, caseless ammunition had been in R&D at least 20 years ago. Actually, the G-11 was in R&D by then. Give or take, I'd say the idea is at least 30 years old, probably a LOT older.

Technically, muzzleloaders were caseless...