You know what I think is just GREAT?

-|-aMMo-|-

:yawn: This could be close.

Most servers report that cheating is very rare now, as opposed to prior to it being added.

Yes it has been due to 2 factors...

#1 anticheat

#2 screenshots (for catching those who decide to get outside the map.

#3 beta... New functionality that i can only mention in beta forums.

Yeah you know. Lets all just ignore the point that no devs have come into the AC section to say anything, not even to atleast make some wise ass comment about it that they do on other topics.

and as for the BS about cheating being rare now that the AC was added, lol. THATS ONLY BECAUSE OF ONE REASON, HARDLY ANYONE PLAYS THE GAME.

If this game was popular and thousands of people played it, there would be tons of cheating and the AC as it is now, could do nothing against it.

So I guess they arent planning on the game having alot of people playing it, otherwise they would be more interrested in an AC.

Yeah you know. Lets all just ignore the point that no devs have come into the AC section to say anything, not even to atleast make some wise ass comment about it that they do on other topics.

and as for the BS about cheating being rare now that the AC was added, lol. THATS ONLY BECAUSE OF ONE REASON, HARDLY ANYONE PLAYS THE GAME.

If this game was popular and thousands of people played it, there would be tons of cheating and the AC as it is now, could do nothing against it.

So I guess they arent planning on the game having alot of people playing it, otherwise they would be more interrested in an AC.

What would really help is if you shared your true feelings on the topic.

smilies-32281.png

What would really help is if you shared your true feelings on the topic.

smilies-32281.png

Yer Definatly he is really holing back. :yes:

As long as it gets rid of one plonker off a server with 2 people in it it works for me.

I have a list as long as my arm with players prior to the AT being implemented that played on all the servers cheating.

Have not seen any of them since it came out.

It works just fine, no doubt the odd one will find a way, but in general we have got rid of 98% of the cheaters.

So yes it does work just ask the server admins.

It only works as long as theres only a few servers with not that many people playing, and with "hackers" with minimal knowledge.

If you expand GRAW to the capacity of a game like BF2, a real AC is required or your not going to stand a chance against them.

So what I see, from the lack of AC support is, they never intended for the game to be big.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

It only works as long as theres only a few servers with not that many people playing, and with "hackers" with minimal knowledge.

If you expand GRAW to the capacity of a game like BF2, a real AC is required or your not going to stand a chance against them.

So what I see, from the lack of AC support is, they never intended for the game to be big.

come and hack our server then?

Open invitation...

BTW bf2 doesn't need hacks... just be a commander and drop tanks on people.

Just because you can protect your server, doesnt mean everyone can.

What would happen if there was 1000 dedicated servers for GRAW with people playing in them?

Most wouldnt even have an admin on at most times, and others wouldnt know how to effectivly combat or spot hackers.

BF2 may not need hacks, but people hack it. Im just making the point of how many people play BF2 compaired to GRAW. That is the issue.

and btw in BF2 you cant drop tanks, its cars.

and you wouldnt be able to keep me away forever either.

How is it you ban from your server? IP? Range? MAC? GS ID?

Its possible to get past all of those.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

Didnt [GR] come out with no anti cheat? Did it ever get a true anti cheat? Wasnt [GR] still a great game for 5 years or better? These are serious questions cause i never played [GR]!

Ghostrecon had replays which recorded everyone, unlike the games today were you have just client side demo's. Replays along with some 3rd party programs(to help with retlock..etc) made GR idea for matching. I don't think you can even compare [GR] vs GRAW when it comes down to match ability. To me GRAW just isn't matchable, no anti-cheat or client side demo's, unlike [GR] which was way ahead of it's time. It's hard to match a game when you have no idea if someone is hacking or just plan good/lucky. IMO this is one reason the MP fan base from [GR] doesn't support GRAW.

Edited by Pulaski

What would happen if there was 1000 dedicated servers for GRAW with people playing in them?

Most wouldnt even have an admin on at most times, and others wouldnt know how to effectivly combat or spot hackers.

BF2 may not need hacks, but people hack it. Im just making the point of how many people play BF2 compaired to GRAW. That is the issue.

If only there was a gametype that didn't involved cheaters...Wait, there is! Coop!

You can forever rid yourself of these pains by playing coop. Lots of us are still playing [GR] and initial GRAW coop reports are positive.

Gosh, I love coop...

:D

Didnt [GR] come out with no anti cheat? Did it ever get a true anti cheat? Wasnt [GR] still a great game for 5 years or better? These are serious questions cause i never played [GR]!

Ghostrecon had replays which recorded everyone, unlike the games today were you have just client side demo's. Replays along with some 3rd party programs(to help with retlock..etc) made GR idea for matching. I don't think you can even compare [GR] vs GRAW when it comes down to match ability. To me GRAW just isn't matchable, no anti-cheat or client side demo's, unlike [GR] which was way ahead of it's time. It's hard to match a game when you have no idea if someone is hacking or just plan good/lucky. IMO this is one reason the MP fan base from [GR] doesn't support GRAW.

So the only thing [GR] had was replays...thats no anti cheat. It was up to someone to come up with a 3rd party program right? So whats the difference here...no replays? Replays alone wont do it...that is not what made [GR] so great to match...the replays and something someone created to work with it. To me this needs to be done with GRAW...someone needs to create a 3rd party program to be our anti cheat.

So the only thing [GR] had was replays...thats no anti cheat. It was up to someone to come up with a 3rd party program right? So whats the difference here...no replays? Replays alone wont do it...that is not what made [GR] so great to match...the replays and something someone created to work with it. To me this needs to be done with GRAW...someone needs to create a 3rd party program to be our anti cheat.

Let me correct myself, it was a mod, not a 3rd party program. The Mod was made with the mod maker IGOR which came with [GR]. I guess you can say replays are not a true anti-cheat, since it doesn't stop any from cheating, but it was a very effective tool to stop people from cheating in the first place. The problem with GRAW is we have no options and without a option to stop cheating there's no reason to match.

Edited by Pulaski

replays didnt make the match. no anti cheat didnt ruin the match third party anti cheats didnt make the matchs. it was teh GAME and the people playing them. just like aw does/would if people would starty matching.

now im not saying that cheting sint there/doesnt happen but it is the parnia of cheating that has suich a big deal. if you think going in your gonna get cheated then you will see cheating going on when there isnt any. this dang parnia about cheating is what drove me away from teh org not the actual cheating. heck it was even better when i killeed the sobs that was cheating

Ip, range and mac. All 3 are possible with our tool.

As for the beta... i think your in for a new treat in banning

But your missing the point. Most people won't take the time.. hackers... unless it's a grudge will just move on to an unprotected server. If it is, ip is traceable and host is contactable with a who is lookup on the ip. Ip's are hard to spoof (very hard) and there isp can deal with them from there. In the GR1 days i had a few reports to isp's warn there users. It's effective.

Let me correct myself, it was a mod, not a 3rd party program. The Mod was made with the mod maker IGOR which came with [GR]. I guess you can say replays are not a true anti-cheat, since it doesn't stop any from cheating, but it was a very effective tool to stop people from cheating in the first place. The problem with GRAW is we have no options and without a option to stop cheating there's no reason to match.

[GR] also had a kick and ban feature... no one used it though because a server restart was required to initialize the ban. Afterward 3rd party tools like recon log were used to protect it.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

You obviously havent read the releasenotes....

1.30 (on the way) has measures against speedhacks!