Will GRIN produce Expansion packs for GRAW?

I am pretty sure this is the last of the add-ons or should I say, the finishing touches that were supposed to be available before release. However, they will probably provide patches here and there to fix glitches and bugs etc. I do recall reading an article on the official website saying that they plan to provide support for GR:AW for a long time. What their concept of time is, is beyond me.

Edited by intelfactor

I am pretty sure this is the last of the add-ons or should I say, the finishing touches that were supposed to be available before release. However, they will probably provide patches here and there to fix glitches and bugs etc. I do recall reading an article on the official website saying that they plan to provide support for GR:AW for a long time. What their concept of time is, is beyond me.

Well, I would guess a year or two? With the release they repeated saying the game was comming soon. Nevertheless it was postponed for 4-6 months. So if they say a long time I would giess that would mean a really long time.

;) haha, just joking around!

I know GRIN won't let us fall, they love their work too much! :g_withgrin:

Oh I also remember a topic here on GRNET (in the green days :) ) about a Q&A typed out with some guy from UBI I guess. At the end he had a question for the fans... He asked what kind of expansion pack they would like to see. Where everybody started yelling their favorite thing.

So I quess there will be a expansion pack (but hey it's management. If something doesn't sell, expansion packs are a waste of effort)

Time will tell

I'm willing to bet R6 Vegas is going to be a letdown like Lockdown was. And as for saying Lockdown had better graphics than GRAW......just look at the character models. They looked almost like Raven Shields. Not to mention how funny some of the guns looked from the first person POV....and the corny smoke and explosions? So 2002.

Edited by Nutlink

:blink: WUT ?? u really make me laugh now omg .

Character models ??! uff man , those character models of the game Lockdown are pretty slik , not mention of Las Vegas , you will see , but is ok , you dont like the game Lockdown as many ppl . dont like this AW .

you really dont know what u talking about , honestly LOL , but is ok , np

pff.

enjoy da AW product .

Once the 3d Max 8 Exporter for DIESEL, you will be seeing a lot of new objects coming out... More buildings that you can enter and blow up, more levels to just being on the ground.

I know how to create objects now for the game, I just don't have the right exporter so that the game can read the file properly. Once GRiN releases it, I will be making the objects available.

Hopefully GRiN will allow this to happen soon.

If this happens soon... We can also work together as a community to put our own expansion pack out as well! :D

Character models ??! uff man , those character models of the game Lockdown are pretty slik , not mention of Las Vegas , you will see , but is ok , you dont like the game Lockdown as many ppl . dont like this AW .

pff.

enjoy da AW product .

Yep, I've played both Lockdown and GRAW since the day of release. I've been part of both games multiplayer. I've made some minor mods for both games. I've run both on a x2 4800+ and 7900GTX, but nope, no idea what I'm talking about. If you think Lockdown looks better than GRAW you really need a new graphics card. As for R6 5, I haven't played it (yet) so I can't comment on it. And yes, I am enjoying GRAW, much more so than StarForce protected Lockdown.

Edited by Nutlink

Well , if RB6:Vegas is anything like the 360 version, it will be awesome.

Lockdown was a JOKE, and Vegas has come about to rectify this mess.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/522...nbow-Six-Vegas/

I'd be shocked to not see anything else for GR:AW come about in the future, want to lock up that MP market and keep the interest going. QuakeWars and Battlefield 2142 are nothing to worry about though.

Vegas seems, at least to me, a mix between Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell. I'm skeptical of how it's going to turn out though, especially since the PC version of the game is getting the silent treatment while the glory goes to the consoles (much like Lockdown before release).

Once the 3d Max 8 Exporter for DIESEL, you will be seeing a lot of new objects coming out... More buildings that you can enter and blow up, more levels to just being on the ground.

I know how to create objects now for the game, I just don't have the right exporter so that the game can read the file properly. Once GRiN releases it, I will be making the objects available.

Hopefully GRiN will allow this to happen soon.

As I stated before, I have it on good authority (a little birdy told me) that the current patch, # 3, will in fact be the last patch for GRAW. So unless what you're talking about is in that patch, you won't see it.

Again, it would be nice if the Devs could confirm this, as they would know alreayd, and not leave it to ppl to speculate.

pff.

enjoy da AW product .

The babelfish translator for this broke, can anyone decode this?

' date='Sep 7 2006, 10:03 AM' post='417164']

pff.

enjoy da AW product .

The babelfish translator for this broke, can anyone decode this?

I think the only time leet speak is cool, is when a girl does it, other than that, talk like a man so we can treat you like one :P

If there is or isn't an expansion pack... With the mod community the way it is here, we could easily produce our own expansion...

Besides, we could probably even make it the way we would really like, instead of guessing by the Dev's? Not saying that they can't do an expansion pack, nor that it wouldn't be good... But, we have some pretty smart people here in the GR Modding Community that could possibly truly put out an expansion pack that would kick some serious ######.

Personally, I think there are TOO many mods, and if they were to work together in a way that they could be combined, with a bunch of new content and maps... HOLY CRAP! That would make for a lot of fun!