Performance drop in VISTA

Guys, has anyone experienced this problem?

My rig:

AMD X2 4400+

2 GB Ram

Geforce 7800 GTX

Dual-boot XP and Vista

In XP no problem at all, GRAW flies and I have loved it for months.

However in Vista RC1, with nVidia Beta drivers and X-Fi Beta drivers,

the game is unplayable. FPS drops dramatically, bearly runs in 800x600, all trees lose their leafs and Mayday! palmtrees look like electric poles, graphis go to pot, gameplay choppy.

Obviously my hardware has no issues.

Has anyone experience this problem and found the solution?

I suspect it's a drivers issues as I hear GRAW runs fine in Vista.

Your suggestions are much welcomed, thank you.

Cosmo

Guys, has anyone experienced this problem?

My rig:

AMD X2 4400+

2 GB Ram

Geforce 7800 GTX

Dual-boot XP and Vista

In XP no problem at all, GRAW flies and I have loved it for months.

However in Vista RC1, with nVidia Beta drivers and X-Fi Beta drivers,

the game is unplayable. FPS drops dramatically, bearly runs in 800x600, all trees lose their leafs and Mayday! palmtrees look like electric poles, graphis go to pot, gameplay choppy.

Obviously my hardware has no issues.

Has anyone experience this problem and found the solution?

I suspect it's a drivers issues as I hear GRAW runs fine in Vista.

Your suggestions are much welcomed, thank you.

Cosmo

You need to post a few things first:

Vista Build Number

NVidia Driver version

X-FI Driver Version

Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

The reason being is that a) Vista is in beta still, b) companies are still working on getting drivers to work right, c) Vista requires a minimum of 1gb's of ram (meaning you have less for the game to use)

I know you can tweak it, but that doesn't mean it's any better with ram management.

to keep my answer on topic, it's no wonder people are un-happy with Vista.

1GB ram, and a decent graphiccard just to get the "Aero" feature to work..Geez, alot of people are pessimistic(sp?) about Vista and if it will be worth it. I'm sure some of you think so. but I think until Vista is in final later this year, XP is the only viable option.

If i go Vista, it will be on a machine pre-installed with the hardware I want. I can't see myself pumping gadzooks amount of moola' for vista. what is there? like 5,6 or 7 versions of Vista to be released? Man gimme a break. :angry:

I'll be running a dual boot cpu after vista is released. I'll stick with XP until, oh say service pack 3 or 4 for Vista - maybe then DX10 hardware will be released and alot of the performace issues will be ironed out.

Of course if the patent infringement on storage technology case against microsoft goes forware the Jan07 release could be pushed way back.

I'll be running a dual boot cpu after vista is released. I'll stick with XP until, oh say service pack 3 or 4 for Vista - maybe then DX10 hardware will be released and alot of the performace issues will be ironed out.

Of course if the patent infringement on storage technology case against microsoft goes forware the Jan07 release could be pushed way back.

Wow i didn't catch that in the news what's up with this story..anyone?

Its symantec and microsoft. It's related to the storage patents to be used in WinServer2003, Vista, and Longhorn originally developed by Veritas which both companies are laying claim to.

http://news.com.com/Gloves+come+off+in+Sym..._3-6109413.html

It might not actually delay Vista, unless Symantec gets some sort of injunction against MS. But who knows what might happen as that both are trying to get it to move forward pretty quickly.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Well, I wouldn't be gaming to begin with on Vista just yet.

Vista Build 5536 is PRE-RC1.

RC1 is build 5600.

Just an FYI.

But I read an article some where on the net, that gaming on the current build of Vista (not sure which build) had around the same performance in Vista as it did XP, and GR:AW was one of the games tested.

Not sure what the hardware was that they used.

If you can get a hold of RC1 (Build 5600), try it then, it should be a lot more stable, since it's basically complete code.

Let us know what happens.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican