GRAW PC MP Pack#3 : Q&A

Colin

There are 2 things that GRIN must look @ :

1. The new Player that started with GRAW

2.T he [GR] hardcore

For the new player GRAW is an awesome game, full with great effects, sounds, and stuff the kids like to look @, BUT for the [GR] hardcore player, GRAW is just another Xbox stunning graphics game that lacks some of the following:

- Third party ANTI-CHEAT with dynamic auto update;

- [GR] type of maps for Clanwars and not some sunny maps full of objects that just delay both server and client;

- Rainy maps

- Night maps

- Maps with TREES, LEAVES, VEGETATION, GRASS, WATER!!!!! F-F-S :wall: !

- To achieve tactical gamming category you just can’t have maps filled with hundreds of small houses in a single map;

- Also for a tactical game you MUST NOT ALLOW god mode snipers with no recoil. What I know as Counter Strike Snipping mode! (though CS as excellent server and cliente options and tools :P ;

- Decent chat interface;

- Chat interface available during in-game dead waiting mode and not only “after TAB”;

- HUD options so you can remove FP weapon and stuff;

- More Guns;

- Sensors;

- …..

- …..

-

I'm with you about a serious anticheat. It's a must for ladders and competitions. And now, we don't have it.

About maps with different scenarios: now we 've to hope in mod (creating new objects by 3dmax or similar and importing it into editor).

I hope GRiN 're working on first expansion pack with a different scenario.

Truthfully since the anticheat has been stable, have you seen anyone that you KNOW for sure is cheating. I have not and i'm in many servers + run our own.

I saw one person climb on a wall last night but that has been it. I called him on it and he didn't after that. The next patch also I saw somewhere a mention that there may be checks for speed hacks.

Heck GR1 needed a file checker to get rid of all those who change the files for full screen night vision... but did we get it? At least we have it now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be a couple more patches and or will there be any more significant add ons.???

dont think so, since they only care about $$$. maybe some expansion packs to take more money from GR lovers.

I see from that comment - you have not been around for long.

no, i'm not, i'm here only since december 2001 :whistle:

Well you have not been paying attention.

if any1 here is not been paying attention i dont think am i.

where r the GRAW ladders or competitions?

where is the GRAW anticheat working?

where r the GRAW replays avaible?

where r the pre order kits?

GRIN n nUBI Soft did some choices very funny n incredible to the online series:

- have to buy the weapons every round!!!

- no pre configured weapons kits?!!!

- gamespy is a joke. europeans nUBI servers r 80% of time offline

- no replays. since GR2 rumours [GR] players ask for that.

- no join ip option?!!!

- no dedicated server?!!!

common, even [GR] have more players after 5 years then GRAW with only 4 months.

i trusted in GRIN 2, but patch after patch i dont c a better GRAW.

as a clan member i want clan wars, with GRAW thats impossible, so members go to other games.

2.T he [GR] hardcore

For the new player GRAW is an awesome game, full with great effects, sounds, and stuff the kids like to look @, BUT for the [GR] hardcore player, GRAW is just another Xbox stunning graphics game that lacks some of the following:

- [GR] type of maps for Clanwars and not some sunny maps full of objects that just delay both server and client;

- Rainy maps

- Night maps

- To achieve tactical gamming category you just can’t have maps filled with hundreds of small houses in a single map;

- Also for a tactical game you MUST NOT ALLOW god mode snipers with no recoil. What I know as Counter Strike Snipping mode! (though CS as excellent server and cliente options and tools :P ;

- Decent chat interface;

- Chat interface available during in-game dead waiting mode and not only “after TABâ€;

- More Guns;

- Sensors;

- …..

- …..

-

I'm with you about a serious anticheat. It's a must for ladders and competitions. And now, we don't have it.

About maps with different scenarios: now we 've to hope in mod (creating new objects by 3dmax or similar and importing it into editor).

Truthfully since the anticheat has been stable, have you seen anyone that you KNOW for sure is cheating. I have not and i'm in many servers + run our own.

I saw one person climb on a wall last night but that has been it. I called him on it and he didn't after that. The next patch also I saw somewhere a mention that there may be checks for speed hacks.

Heck GR1 needed a file checker to get rid of all those who change the files for full screen night vision... but did we get it? At least we have it now.

in [GR] we had replays, in GRAW we dont. in GRAW we have the "altered game files" bug :wacko:

with GRAW thats impossible, so members go to other games.

well hate to burst your bubble but yes there is clans matching allreay. at the end of last month had 3 mtaches in a weeks tiem. pure fun. twl and tcz has ladders just wating for the teams to get off there arses and join them. the game is match ready and is fun as hell to match in

well hate to burst your bubble but yes there is clans matching allreay. at the end of last month had 3 mtaches in a weeks tiem. pure fun. twl and tcz has ladders just wating for the teams to get off there arses and join them. the game is match ready and is fun as hell to match in

we r in tcz, maybe twl.

in [GR] we did many times 4 or 5 matchs in a night, not in a week.

we r in tcz, maybe twl.

in [GR] we did many times 4 or 5 matchs in a night, not in a week.

dont you think that if there where more clans out there actully matching and not jsut sitting on the side wating it would increase? also once the new patch gets out there will be admin controls which ive been told is the reason some/most ahve been holding out)

Will there be a couple more patches and or will there be any more significant add ons.???

dont think so, since they only care about $$$. maybe some expansion packs to take more money from GR lovers.

I see from that comment - you have not been around for long.

no, i'm not, i'm here only since december 2001 :whistle:

Well you have not been paying attention.

- no pre configured weapons kits?!!!

- gamespy is a joke. europeans nUBI servers r 80% of time offline

- no join ip option?!!!

- no dedicated server?!!!

as a clan member i want clan wars, with GRAW thats impossible, so members go to other games.

2.T he [GR] hardcore

- Rainy maps

- Night maps

- Decent chat interface;

- Chat interface available during in-game dead waiting mode and not only “after TABâ€;

- More Guns;

- Sensors;

- …..

- …..

-

in [GR] we had replays, in GRAW we dont. in GRAW we have the "altered game files" bug :wacko:

isn;t that Anti-cheat in the work, huh? :blink: i thought so...

There should be added a special forum called "quotes section"

Than add something like

"quotes in general" <---- general quotes and general quoting info

"quote help" <-----cant quote well? Ask all the quotes you need here.

"quote modding" <----- Have you modded some quotes? Show of your work here.

"offtopic quoting" <-----spam any quotes here who have nothing in common with quotes.

And no, I dont care if I spelled anything wrong............you can quote me on that.

:sheep:

During testing with TGBonehead in the beta we had a guy attempt to join with the community mod installed. He was prevented from even attempting to join as that he had modified files. Now that isn't the same as a determined 3rd party cheat that uses d3d hacks/injectors or other 3rd party files. Right now it seems that have addressed the issue of modified content files. We'll have to see once the next patch is release and those admins that do monitor the cheats sites will likely let us know if/when the public cheat writers start bragging about having a working one.

During testing with TGBonehead in the beta we had a guy attempt to join with the community mod installed. He was prevented from even attempting to join as that he had modified files. Now that isn't the same as a determined 3rd party cheat that uses d3d hacks/injectors or other 3rd party files. Right now it seems that have addressed the issue of modified content files. We'll have to see once the next patch is release and those admins that do monitor the cheats sites will likely let us know if/when the public cheat writers start bragging about having a working one.

Yes, I attempted to join with the Community Mod Pack v1.5 installed in my local folder. I was stopped as soon as I clicked the Monster server name from the server list. However when FI_FlimFlam turned off the anti cheat, I was allowed to join the server and play with the mod installed. All of which ran extremely well by the way.

silent_op

lets get the patch 1st give it a good test and come back and post ;)

Agreed. We need to wait for the patch release and then come back. The recent beta-test was to find glitches, not add major functionality between now and it's release in a couple weeks.

Be patient...and then we can asplode all we want.

dont you think that if there where more clans out there actully matching and not jsut sitting on the side wating it would increase? also once the new patch gets out there will be admin controls which ive been told is the reason some/most ahve been holding out)

Let me know where to sign up and I'll get my clan to match...

Let me know where to sign up and I'll get my clan to match...

you can go to TCZ and TWL those i know about but theres another one ive heard of but havent been invloved in which is the WARgameing

Where is QUICK SAVE!!!!! :wall: From a person that likes to play single player/mission.

##ck auto saves. Grin may add whatever they like, and fix everything you hardcore players are asking for, but I WANT QUICK SAVE. Probably not a big issue for many of you, but I really miss that feature. And for MP I really miss activate/deactivate menu for the mods.

The way it is now sucks. Besides these issues, I like the game. But it will never come close to the old Ghost Recon in popularity. In my opinion, that is. :whistle:

Where is QUICK SAVE!!!!! :wall: From a person that likes to play single player/mission.

##ck auto saves. Grin may add whatever they like, and fix everything you hardcore players are asking for, but I WANT QUICK SAVE. Probably not a big issue for many of you, but I really miss that feature. And for MP I really miss activate/deactivate menu for the mods.

The way it is now sucks. Besides these issues, I like the game. But it will never come close to the old Ghost Recon in popularity. In my opinion, that is. :whistle:

:o=

/RANT MODE ON

THANK YOU!

In preparation for the next patch I reinstalled GRAW yesterday and played in SP for the better part of two hours.... but several times I had to leave my PC and come back... I was SO ###### off at the lack of a QUICK SAVE feature... of all the STUPID things to forget in a PC game! I'm sorry, but these are games, not real life. When I'm about to round a corner where I KNOW I've got a tango or two, I want to save the game. Call me stupid, but there it is. You bust ass to make your way up a hill or to take out a gun nest and every freakin time you get cut down, then you've got 10 minutes of "re-do" to get to the same point. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB and DUMB again. Save Points are for consoleheads.

/RANT MODE OFF

:blink:

i just hope the patch comes out soon- seems like all the servers i like are down or empty cause everyone is "testing". when a game only has a handful of regulars and you take half of them away to beta test, the rest of us looking for a game are SOL.

It IS THE REASON we are holding out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute ###### we have had to wait so long for the server files.

Sounds like they forgot Firefight. Did they? Alot of people are gonna be upset if they did. but with mods that only modders can install it won't matter anyway. If I have to install mods manually I'll shelf GRAW & go back to [GR]. Oh wait.....I already did that in JUNE. Sorry I can be a smart###### when frustraited.

- no pre configured weapons kits?!!!there are, look at the bottom of your weapon config screen, there are changeable packs avaliable, for quick selection)

- gamespy is a joke. europeans nUBI servers r 80% of time offline I dunno, there is Always one UBI server up and full, the bad thing si you can't join with a higher patch (beta) on 1.21 games, and two GRAW installs might not work either

- no join ip option?!!! wait for new patch....

- no dedicated server?!!! idem

hold on, it will come!

my comments

I know GRAW is not there yet, but be cool, this game has awesome potential.... If the modded maps start coming in, and ladders are up.....it will rock. No other game for me......

Some things I'd like added, like doors to open, more weapons, and a good mod-activation/deactivvation option, to be able to switch without moving all files around....

But overall I'm happy with this game, it eats more time than I have. :g_withgrin:

Sounds like they forgot Firefight. Did they? Alot of people are gonna be upset if they did. but with mods that only modders can install it won't matter anyway. If I have to install mods manually I'll shelf GRAW & go back to [GR]. Oh wait.....I already did that in JUNE. Sorry I can be a smart###### when frustraited.

installing mods manually is up to the person that makes the mod, not the game.

- no pre configured weapons kits?!!!there are, look at the bottom of your weapon config screen, there are changeable packs avaliable, for quick selection)

- gamespy is a joke. europeans nUBI servers r 80% of time offline I dunno, there is Always one UBI server up and full, the bad thing si you can't join with a higher patch (beta) on 1.21 games, and two GRAW installs might not work either

- no join ip option?!!! wait for new patch....

- no dedicated server?!!! idem

hold on, it will come!

my comments

I know GRAW is not there yet, but be cool, this game has awesome potential.... If the modded maps start coming in, and ladders are up.....it will rock. No other game for me......

Some things I'd like added, like doors to open, more weapons, and a good mod-activation/deactivvation option, to be able to switch without moving all files around....

But overall I'm happy with this game, it eats more time than I have. :g_withgrin:

European nUBI 1.21 servers r off since last friday (at least). They r off 80% of time

Why the hell do we need to select the weapons every round?!!!

European nUBI 1.21 servers r off since last friday (at least). They r off 80% of time

coz UBI is splitting resources to give servers to beta testers, when the beta is over (this friday) everything will be back to normal

Why the hell do we need to select the weapons every round?!!!

I don't know and I don't care, with predefinied kits it's just 3 more clicks, now I do it without even thinking about it (call it self adaptation to insignificant problems)