GRAW PC MP Pack#3 : Q&A

Colin

Posted: Monday 04.09.06

GRAW PC MP Pack#3 : Q&A

- Q. Can you detail the new additions to this MP PACK?

A. Siege mode and the [Ghost Recon] Cooperative mode are the two new additions to this final multiplayer pack. Both modes feature 3 levels. Siege is composed of “Strongpointâ€, “Avenues†and “Com Stationâ€. [GR] Coop. mode feature “Mayday! Mayday!â€, “Ready For Bear†and “John Doe’s Hellholeâ€.

- Q. For those unfamiliar with these modes, could you give us a quick overview of each of them?

A. In [GR] Cooperative mode, you and your team-mates face off against hostile soldiers in enemy territory. Your mission is to reach the extraction point.

The rebel troops have taken Camp Chapultepec and are using it as a staging area for their activities in the region. Their presence is increasingly affecting the operations of troops loyal to the Mexican President and the Ghosts are sent to deal with the situation before the rebels can fortify their position.

This mode allows for up to 12 players to play together (3 teams of 4 players)!

In Siege you fight for control of a strategic zone, where one team defends (the Ghosts) while the other attacks (the Mexicans). If the attacking team manages to get inside the zone and survive for more than five seconds, they will win the game.

Both are very popular Ghost Recon modes and we really wanted to deliver these to the community with this last pack.

- Q. Can you detail what type of maps can we expect for the Siege mode?

A. Gamers already know Avenues and Com Station. Both perfectly fit with Siege mode. In addition to these we will also have a new adapted version of the Strongpoint.

Strongpoint offers one of the largest multiplayer levels yet, with some tricky challenges for both defenders and attackers. The besieged team can find good cover within bunkers, making sure the power station they protect is quite the opposite of undefended and will requite true skill win.

- Q. How did you articulate the different [GR] Cooperative maps in terms of scenario?

A. Each map has a unique storyline that we hope will immerse the player in the adventure.

In “John Doe’s Hellholeâ€, the Ghosts are deployed in the suburbs of Mexico City and fight for control of every street corner as they struggle to put an end to the conflict. Snipers overhead make any foray into open streets a lethal risk. With several members down already, these cramped city streets are quickly becoming do or die for the Ghosts.

In “Ready for Bearâ€, the rebel troops have taken Camp Chapultepec and are using it as a staging area for their activities in the region. Their presence is increasingly affecting the operations of troops loyal to the Mexican President, and the Ghosts are sent to deal with the situation before the rebels can fortify their position. Finally, in “Mayday, Maydayâ€, a US helicopter was shot down in Chapultepec Park some hours ago and the Ghosts are en route in to investigate. Intelligence has detected heavy enemy activity in the area and it is believed that rebels are moving the remains of the chopper to their stronghold at the castle.

In addition, we extended the arsenal available with the addition of the ZEUS in the [GR] Coop. mode. That might be useful in case you meet an enemy tank or something even worse…

- Q. One particular map that you enjoy?

A. My personal favourite is the Hellhole map. It offers some of the most brutal resistance GRAW has ever provided, and makes for some pretty intense fire fights when you and your team-mates try desperately to move forward while covering all rooftops, corners and windows. It really lives up to its name, excellent at getting your heart beating as you sneak around. :-)

- Q. One last thought for the community?

A. At first players may have felt that the multiplayer action we promised was somehow not as strong as they had hoped. This was something we really wanted to rectify; our fans are important to us and have helped us make Ghost the great game that it is. These packs we hope support this sentiment and commitment.

So if you did not enlist yet, my advice is JOIN THE GHOSTS!

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/newspost.php?id=16507

Edited by Colin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it UBI / Grin <_<

performance issue "not solved" and new bugs "not solved" gamespy "not solved"

crap . again .

p.s. anyhow , thanks to post the link here .

Man...this is only a Q&A. this isnt the official release info. Heck they didnt mention alot of stuff that i know for a fact will be in there!

Awesome!!!!!

Only things im not liking with these map packs, its most game modes just use the same maps. And that no more weapons are being added to the game. Other than that, i cant wait.

Ohh yeah and Dedicated Server files, are they in this one?!!

Edited by unwritt3n

Im not posting to poo poo on GRAW.

But because of the games weak release a MP pack that was stronfg was needed to get this game going.

Sadly this pack isnt going to do it. After playing it for a few days I found no problems with it(for a beta) or the game itself. But I dont feel this release is going to get more people intersted and playing the game. With an average of less than 100 people on at any given time its hard to find a good game.

AFZ server when full is good games, but there just isnt enough interst to keep this game going much longer.

Perhaps an expansion pack could really beef the game up...

Actually an expansion pack that covers SP and MP would be a great touch.

a desert theme for the expansion pack would be great.

after so many patchs and map packs this game still dont deserving the 50€ i payed for it.

we pay for a beta product, full of lies like: replays, anticheat, SAS files, etc.

with [GR] we could pay for 5 long years n still enjoying the game, with GRAW, after a week, we get boring playin it.

this map pack is another tricky n a lie to us: the game will continue the same: no servers, no players, no fun, no anti cheat, no replays, no clan wars.

i'm starting from now lookin for another game, cause after 4 longs months this game still a beta product, produced by a noob team who even know what is a dedicated server :angry:

Both are very popular Ghost Recon modes and we really wanted to deliver these to the community with this last pack.

This statment looks like it means what it says the last map pack.

It reads as being a bit final in the add on department, I really hope this is not the case may be some reasurance fom some people we have come to know well over the last few months please.

Will there be a couple more patches and or will there be any more significant add ons.???

Actually an expansion pack that covers SP and MP would be a great touch.

a desert theme for the expansion pack would be great.

after so many patchs and map packs this game still dont deserving the 50€ i payed for it.

we pay for a beta product, full of lies like: replays, anticheat, SAS files, etc.

with [GR] we could pay for 5 long years n still enjoying the game, with GRAW, after a week, we get boring playin it.

this map pack is another tricky n a lie to us: the game will continue the same: no servers, no players, no fun, no anti cheat, no replays, no clan wars.

i'm starting from now lookin for another game, cause after 4 longs months this game still a beta product, produced by a noob team who even know what is a dedicated server :angry:

Bye bye

Wait a sec - only 3 maps for [GR] mode? My heart is breaking here, I waited all summer for 3 maps?? Two of which I've already played into the ground??

Is that it??

:huh:

Think about it... every time there is a released mode there is a map editor and tuturorial. It may be 3 now... but i'm betting it will soon be way more!

There are 2 things that GRIN must look @ :

1. The new Player that started with GRAW

2.T he [GR] hardcore

For the new player GRAW is an awesome game, full with great effects, sounds, and stuff the kids like to look @, BUT for the [GR] hardcore player, GRAW is just another Xbox stunning graphics game that lacks some of the following:

- Third party ANTI-CHEAT with dynamic auto update;

- [GR] type of maps for Clanwars and not some sunny maps full of objects that just delay both server and client;

- Rainy maps

- Night maps

- Maps with TREES, LEAVES, VEGETATION, GRASS, WATER!!!!! F-F-S :wall: !

- To achieve tactical gamming category you just can’t have maps filled with hundreds of small houses in a single map;

- Also for a tactical game you MUST NOT ALLOW god mode snipers with no recoil. What I know as Counter Strike Snipping mode! (though CS as excellent server and cliente options and tools :P ;

- Decent chat interface;

- Chat interface available during in-game dead waiting mode and not only “after TABâ€;

- HUD options so you can remove FP weapon and stuff;

- More Guns;

- Sensors;

- …..

- …..

- Oh, Oh, my SA80 with rockets :o= ( I believe in Santa :D )

GRIN, please take these SUGGESTIONS as constructive from someone that believes in the GR essence.

And GRIN, Jota is here for far to long so that you can remember... :thumbsup:

ImPuLs3 aKa Cylusion out.

Cylusion@gmail.com

DBI - Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Wait a sec - only 3 maps for [GR] mode? My heart is breaking here, I waited all summer for 3 maps?? Two of which I've already played into the ground??

Is that it??

:huh:

Think about it... every time there is a released mode there is a map editor and tuturorial. It may be 3 now... but i'm betting it will soon be way more!

So you're saying Grin is leaving it to the mod community. Kind of inappropriate, 12-man coop should be available at least for the existing maps.

Relying on the mod community is not entirely comforting to me since browsing these forums it seems like many mappers and modders are very cynical about continuing their work since many have given up on the game.

Yes, the DS and [GR] coop was much needed. But it feels like a kick in the groin to hear that we are getting a measly 3 maps. I can assure you I will play those 3 maps a few times before getting bored with the redundancy... then I wait...

What gives here?

Will there be a couple more patches and or will there be any more significant add ons.???

dont think so, since they only care about $$$. maybe some expansion packs to take more money from GR lovers.

I see from that comment - you have not been around for long.

no, i'm not, i'm here only since december 2001 :whistle:

dont think so, since they only care about $$$. maybe some expansion packs to take more money from GR lovers.

Maybe you had another account but this says Joined: 26-April 06. Im pretty sure Bo was talking about being around here so to know whats been going on with the game and such but that is just my assumption...lol

Well you have not been paying attention.

There are 2 things that GRIN must look @ :

1. The new Player that started with GRAW

2.T he [GR] hardcore

For the new player GRAW is an awesome game, full with great effects, sounds, and stuff the kids like to look @, BUT for the [GR] hardcore player, GRAW is just another Xbox stunning graphics game that lacks some of the following:

- Third party ANTI-CHEAT with dynamic auto update;

- [GR] type of maps for Clanwars and not some sunny maps full of objects that just delay both server and client;

- Rainy maps

- Night maps

- Maps with TREES, LEAVES, VEGETATION, GRASS, WATER!!!!! F-F-S :wall: !

- To achieve tactical gamming category you just can’t have maps filled with hundreds of small houses in a single map;

- Also for a tactical game you MUST NOT ALLOW god mode snipers with no recoil. What I know as Counter Strike Snipping mode! (though CS as excellent server and cliente options and tools :P ;

- Decent chat interface;

- Chat interface available during in-game dead waiting mode and not only “after TABâ€;

- HUD options so you can remove FP weapon and stuff;

- More Guns;

- Sensors;

- …..

- …..

-

I'm with you about a serious anticheat. It's a must for ladders and competitions. And now, we don't have it.

About maps with different scenarios: now we 've to hope in mod (creating new objects by 3dmax or similar and importing it into editor).

I hope GRiN 're working on first expansion pack with a different scenario.