Leaky Leaky

This all is pretty funny. I dont think it matters what side of the fence you are on this argument, its all pointless.

If your a beta tester, and leak alittle info,you an ######. If your a beta tester and dont release info, your an ######. If your not a beta tester and ask for info, your an ######. If your not a tester and argue for the release of no info, your an ######.

I think I about covered it. No one will ever be right in this conflict, and pushing the subject further only makes the lines that divide us already alittle bit thicker. All for the sake of proving yourself right on the internet.

This all is pretty funny. I dont think it matters what side of the fence you are on this argument, its all pointless.

If your a beta tester, and leak alittle info,you an ######. If your a beta tester and dont release info, your an ######. If your not a beta tester and ask for info, your an ######. If your not a tester and argue for the release of no info, your an ######.

I think I about covered it. No one will ever be right in this conflict, and pushing the subject further only makes the lines that divide us already alittle bit thicker. All for the sake of proving yourself right on the internet.

:g_withgrin::stupid::starwars::group:

As a paying customer I too think the 'exclusive' and excluding nature of the beta is rather below the basement. Hand picking your audience is most likely to get you the kind of answers you were looking for in the first place, not necessarily the best evaluation of what you're doing.

sadeyes.gif

BS. If it were "Hand Picked" I would not be a part of it.

I bet it was a first come first serve and you were too lazy to sign up the first day.

And there are plenty of critical remarks from the people that liked the game in the first place. Please pull your head out and think before you speak. People that like the game still want it to be better not worse. They have no fear of saying x doesn't work do it this way.

:stupid: You, sir, are a genius! :rofl:

Funny thing about it. Regardless of what WE, the little consumer people say, the PUBLISHER, Ubisoft, seems to believe it's an OPEN BETA.

But I didn't expect anyone here to know that since they only really mentioned that in the Ubi.com forums. Prior to this beta I'd never been there myself.

Ah yes, but the lack of NDA coincides nicely with the word 'OPEN', doesn't it?

I love you guys, but sometimes y'all really do need to lighten the fark up...

Gives us ######es something to do while waiting I guess. :whistle: hehehehe.

I think Judge recluses post on "######es" kinda breaks down and doesn't hold water.

1. I do not view anyone who tells me some stuff I want to hear about the patch I am anticipating as as ######. I view them as helpful. Keep it coming within the limits of your NDA guys .... (lol..oh yea... no NDA ...hmm.... maybe no limits?)

2. As I said before, I think the "NO NDA" thing was a strategic decision intended to generate publicity during the open beta. So I'm guessing who ever came up with the "NO NDA" strategy also does not think the leakers are ######es. My guess, is they view the leaks as valuable "buzz makers".

And I'm in the QA business. NDAs are very serious things. So for a company like UBI to create an open beta and allow some known, anti-fanbois forum guys to join, and then to NOT ask them to sign an NDA...well.... you do the math.....

No ######es here in my opinion. Only genuine helpers (of the much needed beta work and the Ubi marketing team)... looks like a win-win to me

Sleepdoc

Edited by Sleepdoc

I think Judge recluses post on "######es" kinda breaks down and doesn't hold water.

1. I do not view anyone who tells me some stuff I want to hear about the patch I am anticipating as as ######. I view them as helpful. Keep it coming within the limits of your NDA guys .... (lol..oh yea... no NDA ...hmm.... maybe no limits?)

2. As I said before, I think the "NO NDA" thing was a strategic decision intended to generate publicity during the open beta. So I'm guessing who ever came up with the "NO NDA" strategy also does not think the leakers are ######es. My guess, is they view the leaks as valuable "buzz makers".

And I'm in the QA business. NDAs are very serious things. So for a company like UBI to create an open beta and allow some known, anti-fanbois forum guys to join, and then to NOT ask them to sign an NDA...well.... you do the math.....

No ######es here in my opinion. Only genuine helpers (of the much needed beta work and the Ubi marketing team)... looks like a win-win to me

Sleepdoc

Please dont get my post wrong. I personally was not calling anyone as ######. My post was basically saying there is no winning no matter what you say, because there will be a person or a group of people who will disagree with what was said.

Im in the same mindset as you, no one here is an ######, but there are people here who will think that. Some people have a hard time coming to the conclusion that other people dont always think the way they do.

Sorry my post was not clearer, but time was short this weekend, and my posts suffered for it.

Hi Judge,

No worries man. Text always fails to convey the true meaning. I was a littel tongue-in-cheek there. I was trying to lure the non-NDA testers into a comfort with talking more. Kind of a transparent "Come on guys ... tell us more .... " thing. And I used your post to do it. Didn't mean to single you out in any negative way. I have followed your posts for months. You certainly don't strike me as person who thinks everyone is an ######.

But certainly, you are right to suggest that there is always some one to counter any opinion in this forum.

Now back to transparently manipulating the "non-NDA" beta testers to tell us more stuff (as the UBI marketing dapartment likely manipulated them into doing in the first place by not having NDAs in order to generate more buzz.... ..)

come on guys.... Postal? Rugg? give us some new tidbits you beta testing bug hunters. We know you guys are hitting the relevant bugs. We have ton of faith in you to accomplish that aspect of the goal. But your lack of buzz making leaks are starting to really annoy me (and probably the marketig department to ... )so lets get this aspect of your job back on track boys......

: )

Sleepdoc

Yeah but then you can always start another argument (less filling or does it taste great?) but last time I checked over any beta test (few that I have done) it's done on a need-to-know. The devs need-to-know what works and doesn't, while the public doesn't need-to-know until release of the patch. As said before, the goodside of keeping it silent is so that it keeps speculation of what it might fix/add versus the final "product". Downside of course is that you have all these goodies that people just don't know about. So I would suggest leave the testers alone and let them concentrate on the work at hand, so you can appreciate the input that they give.

And another thing, non-NDA tests (beta or otherwise) are based on a gentleman's agreement not to spill the beans, and as brought up, makes it easier, and keeps you straight. So if you leak, you've broken the unspoken agreement, and politically not allowed anymore to test. It's about honor simply. Whereas a legally binding NDA puts it in writing, and you agree. Either way to echo the saying "Loose lips sink ships".

And on a personal note, this another stupid topic. Open beta yes, open to those who volunteer and the fixes/additions until it's reasonable for release, and who were approved. And then it's closed to those who aren't allowed to test it. Maybe GRIN/Ubisoft should have made the things clearer , to keep people from trying to exploit a loophole which really doesn't exist. Just stop asking and you'll find out when it's released. Then the testers, free from the restrictions, can help those who didn't participate.

Edited by EricJ