Graphics [card] question

intri.cate

Alright I have a serious issue here. I have two video cards currently in my possesion. One is an ATI X600 Pro 128mb PCI-Express card. The other is a NVidia G-Force FX 5500 256 MB PCI card.

Now, here's where I'm stuck. The X600 has faster memory clock speeds (400 mhz, and 600 mhz) while the 5500 has memory speeds of 290 mhz and 350 mhz.

However, the 5500 has 256 MB of memory while the X600 only has 128 mb of memory.

Now, which is more important in GRAW...memory speed of a video card..or amount of memory of a video card? I'm not sure which one will run it better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

don't know if the fx5500 will work for you

think the first nvidia card on the list would be the gf6200

i would take the x600 but don't get your hopes up for any high frame rates

would suggest a newer vidcard, for performance, my gf6200 is just getting 15fps and struggling (hope my x1600 comes back soon)

and even that one was not too fast in frame rates

Well i mite be wrong , but i dont think either of those cards are supported by GRAW. Look for the pinned topic in GRAW PC Ithink you would be looking at at least a nvidia 6600 256mb

or ati eqiv

Minimum System Requirments for PC

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP

DirectX: DirectX9.0c

2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent

1Gb RAM

5 GB of hard drive space

NVIDIA® GeForce�„� 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X

Sound card: DirectX9 compatible sound Card

DVD drive: 4 speed

Hard Drive Space: 5GB

Internet: Broadband / LAN connection

1.1. System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel or AMD, 2 GHz

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Disk Space: 4.5 GB

Graphics Card: 128 MB DX9.0c compatible card,

GeForce 6200 or higher

Radeon 9600 or higher

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Network: High-speed modem with 64 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Recommended Configuration:

Processor: Intel or AMD 2.8 GHz

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Disk Space: 4.5 GB

Graphics Card: 256 MB DX9.0c compatible card,

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Network: High-Speed Modem with 128 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Graphics Cards Supported:

Radeon 9600

Radeon 9700

Radeon 9800

Radeon X300

Radeon X600

Radeon X800

Radeon X1600

Radeon X1800

Radeon X1900

GeForce 6200

GeForce 6600

GeForce 6800

GeForce 7800

Yeah. I have a pretty high end system. My video card just happens to be my worst thing. I'm running a 3.0 P4 and I have a gig of (I forget I'll have to look) but fast bussed DDR2 ram.

I played the demo on the x600 and the frames weren't the best but it ran okay.

But yeah... If the geforce isn't even on there then I guess I'll stick with the x600. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by intri.cate

Yeah. I have a pretty high end system. My video card just happens to be my worst thing. I'm running a 3.0 P4 and I have a gig of (I forget I'll have to look) but fast bussed DDR2 ram.

I played the demo on the x600 and the frames weren't the best but it ran okay.

But yeah... If the geforce isn't even on there then I guess I'll stick with the x600. Thanks for the replies.

pretty high end.... sorry dude, but you're not by far running high end.

(I "only"run a x2 3800, geforce 7600 GT 4x512mb ddr) and for graw that is upper mid-end.

(today) :blink:

Oh really? Intresteing. I donno. I mean, I run the game okay, I get a tiny bit of lag..but I know it's due to my vid card. I found a Radeon x1600 pro with 256mb cheap $100... I might get that.

By the way, I noticed that there's no in game console.... Any other way to display my frames?

Edited by intri.cate

Fraps is good? but i did find on my system that it was such a resorce hog that it actualy slowed the game down <_< . there by slowing the frame rates? when turned off there was a marked speed up of the game :wacko: So it world depend on your system.

Fraps is good? but i did find on my system that it was such a resorce hog that it actualy slowed the game down <_< . there by slowing the frame rates? when turned off there was a marked speed up of the game :wacko: So it world depend on your system.

Same here

P4(P),3.4(HT)2GB(PC2-4200),GeForce6800GTO,Audigy2ZS

WinXPHome(SP2), forceware84.21(later versions problematic)

@OP:It might be a good idea to update your current system with a future CPU upgrade in mind.