The Program Audacity

Brother_in_Arm85

I found this program called Audacity. It is a program for sound editting that has many excellent features; for example, you can change the tempo, speed, and pitch of the sound. You can copy, cut and paste sound pieces and put them anywhere else, and even change Real Media files to MP3. And the best of all, it's completly free! Don't pay a single penny!

I hope it helps, especially for modding the game.

Here's the link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I've done a fair bit of work with this program, it is a little buggy, but definatly does the job, and is great for anyone wanting to learn sound design.

There are better programs... This seems too n00bish ..

Try using stuff like ACID pro, you can get a free trial version from google ..

WD care to share some info?... :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

I have used audacity, but i like cubase, logic audio, soundforge and acid pro.

You da man! Cubase/Cubasis and Logic are two of the best. However, the god is Kyma-X (which is only available in the Capybara sound computation system built specifically for sound designers/musicians.) But it's $3470 a go....

Basic Configuration
  • four processors installed on the motherboard

Beat that for audio editing! :ph34r:

Anybody got a spare $3470 that I could borrow? Please?

Edited by WytchDokta

Damn! Sounds like a great program. It must be really good to require 4 cpus. :blink:

Read all the specs on it man. It can host a further 12 expansion cards, and each of those memory cards has two more processors on too (that's a total of 28 processsors)!! I think their processors built specifically for sound design though, so not processors as in the one in your everyday rig. Best bit about Kyma/Capybara is that it's so easy to carry around. You can also run it through your desktop or laptop too (Capybara is the base system, you'll need a keyboad and monitor for it at least)

Imagine the sound designer's dream machine...
  • a machine that would let you graphically string together unlimited-length chains of processing and synthesis modules and run them with zero latency on a dedicated multiprocessor computer with little or no impact on your main computer's memory or processing capabilities...

• where you could expand the processing capabilities of your hardware transparently, simply by plugging in more processing cards, because the machine was designed from the outset with scalability and multiple processors in mind...

• where you'd never have to sacrifice sound quality just because you're trying to squeeze more real time processing out of your desktop or laptop computer...

• with FireWire, timecode, MIDI, and 8 channels of 24-bit 100 kHz audio...

• controlled by the award-winning Kyma software with cutting-edge algorithms like granular processing, real-time analysis/resynthesis, aggregate synthesis, and spectral morphing...

• an online community of colleagues at the leading edge of film, music, advertising, and game development...

• a tech support staff that is among the most dedicated and educated in the business,

• and a symbolic, blue LED on the front panel.

Hardware Specifications

Basic Configuration

four processors installed on the motherboard

96 MB sample RAM

12 expansion slots

I/O and external sync (see below)

External desktop or rackmount case (protects the DSPs and converters from the electrically noisy environment inside your personal computer, and leaves valuable slot-space free to use for other cards on your host computer)

Expansion Card

two processors installed on the expansion card

48 MB sample RAM (per card)

Up to 12 expansion cards (for a total of 28 processors) can be added

Inputs and Outputs

4-8 channels

32-100 kHz sample rate

24-bit

Balanced Analog and Digital (AES/EBU)

External Synchronization

Word Clock input

VITC & LTC Timecode input and output

Interface options

FireWire for Macintosh OS X and OS 9, Windows XP, 2000, and ME desktop and laptop machines

:o:ph34r:

Now, if that ain't bad-ass, I ain't playing! Some-one lend me $3470 please!!

Edited by WytchDokta