Right Hand's 8 Days Missions

KRP 56

Soon all you GR fans will have an opportunity to play, one of my favorite modders, Right Hand's 8 Days missions in campaign form including mission 6 and mission 8 that were never released because of CTD issues and if all goes well a mission 7. Plus the only 2 Island Thunder missions Right Hand scripted before dropping out of GR modding. :( With the expert help of Migryder the CTD issues were corrected and as you'll see the Rail Raid mission was well worth the time Migryder spent to get it to work properly. :support: I also must mention GiWeDa who has helped me iron out 8 Days into campaign form as it still had some scripting that needed adjusting. :thumbsup: I'll briefly describe how this came about. When Right Hand decided to no longer mod GR he sent me everything he had done including a couple of versions of 12 Weeks - 8 Days - 2 missions for Island Thunder - 3 missions for the GRS Map Pack and 1 mission for GR on the SOAF's prison map. In his read me,that I still have,he said if you can fix mission 6 and 8 for 8 Days you'll have 2 more fun missions to play,good luck. With the help of Migryder we got the 2 missions working and tried to contact Right Hand to see what he thought. Many times over the last 2 or 3 years we tried to contact Right Hand to get his approval to no avail. So as an honor to Right Hand's great scripting work and to not let his missions go to waste we'll try to get the updated stuff out to you as soon as possible.

Edited by KRP 56

Does Mig ever sleep?

What about GiWeDa???? :whistle:

Seriously speaking the mod is great, Right Hand is definitely one of the pioneers of TCGR (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, I invite you to call it TCGR and not [GR] that is meaningless IMO) but his missions are still so modern and enjoyable.

The missions will be as much as possible as RH made, the very few changes are concerning few small adjustements and mainly the differentiation of the difficulty level reducing the number of enemies. Elite Level will be as RH did but RH had Co-op in mind and they are really difficult for SP.

Soon here at GR.net :thumbsup:

After a long discussion (actually just a couple of e-mails :P ) KRP56 and I decided not to differentiate the difficult level. This is for 2 reasons:

1) to keep the spirit given to the missions by Righ-Hand

2) we all know you are great players (yes, you too Janie42 :lol: ) and you wanna difficult missions! :ph34r:

Available very soon!

After a long discussion (actually just a couple of e-mails :P ) KRP56 and I decided not to differentiate the difficult level. This is for 2 reasons:

2) we all know you are great players (yes, you too Janie42 :lol: ) and you wanna difficult missions! :ph34r:

Available very soon!

Excellent. :thumbsup:

Available very soon!

:ermm: ... oh the cruelty of some people... :'(

I was about to believe everything until the Janie42 being excellent. :rofl: TAKE COVER!

Did I mention: :ermm: ... oh the cruelty of some people... ?

:rambo: See both of you fellows soon in the new 8 Days mod!

Available very soon!

:ermm: ... oh the cruelty of some people... :'(

I was about to believe everything until the Janie42 being excellent. :rofl: TAKE COVER!

Did I mention: :ermm: ... oh the cruelty of some people... ?

:rambo: See both of you fellows soon in the new 8 Days mod!

1157096256810od0gk1.gif

Ok guys, I wanna see how this community is united! :santa:

KRP56 and I are not able to figure out the problem in one of the missions. The problem is that randomly it crashes at startup. :wall::wall::wall:

I found out that if I play the mis the first time no problem, the second time it alaways crashes.

Unzip the mission in your Mp1/mission folder

We would be grateful :thumbsup:

Hi,

Mission does not crash without preaction block at all. Maybe too much going on in there?

Tried removing enemy, script, startup, 3 second trigger then preaction. Only 1 it plays every time.

Also:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Startup - Initalize Game Elements

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set Platoon - Player to (The player-controlled platoon).

Set Counter - armours remaining to 2.

Set Counter - Objectives to 0.

Play "tm1_start2-1.wav", "tm2_start2-1.wav", or "tf1_start2-1.wav" based on the composition of the player's platoon.

Set Timer - Start Sound 2 to expire in 3 second(s).

Continue executing responses if ((The campaign difficulty is set to Easy) or (The campaign difficulty is set to Hard)).

Change the maximum spotting distance to 58.

Continue executing responses if (The campaign difficulty is set to Hard).

Change the maximum spotting distance to 73.

I think the blue 1 should be normal, not that it affects anything.

Hope it helps.

:huh:

good job Tinker, I've only seen the IKE so far, glad you got to that so quick

BTW G - I thought difficulty levels were out? That's part of R_h's script? If so, he did mean for there to be some difference....

Edited by migryder

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Startup - Initalize Game Elements

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set Platoon - Player to (The player-controlled platoon).

Set Counter - armours remaining to 2.

Set Counter - Objectives to 0.

Play "tm1_start2-1.wav", "tm2_start2-1.wav", or "tf1_start2-1.wav" based on the composition of the player's platoon.

Set Timer - Start Sound 2 to expire in 3 second(s).

Continue executing responses if ((The campaign difficulty is set to Easy) or (The campaign difficulty is set to Hard)).

Change the maximum spotting distance to 58.

Continue executing responses if (The campaign difficulty is set to Hard).

Change the maximum spotting distance to 73.

I think the blue 1 should be normal, not that it affects anything.

Hope it helps.

:huh:

Tinker, it is correct and wrong at the same time. :blink:

Correct because the original spotting distance set at the env file is going to be retain in in veteran mode. If easy or elite the first "if" will change spotting discance to 58, then the further check set the value to 73 if elite only.

However since the spotting distance at the env file is 85 the correct check is "if easy and veteran" = 58, if veteran = 73.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Open Door in preaction is problem.

Sry if i am wrong, but my game just loaded 20+ times without that command.

Tinker

:)

I think the solution is to move the open door response to Startup block rather than preaction. Looking forward to launch igor and change it :)