GRAW Severs up and down all weekend? Gamespy issue?

Our server has had at least 3 crashes so far this weekend. A few our guys went to another server and it went down, + I think BDA's have had the same issue and most of the major servers have been up and down all weekend.

Please investigate GRIN and kick those gamespy servers a few times for me.

Our server has had at least 3 crashes so far this weekend. A few our guys went to another server and it went down, + I think BDA's have had the same issue and most of the major servers have been up and down all weekend.

Please investigate GRIN and kick those gamespy servers a few times for me.

This Samurai*BDA*

We have had multiple server crashes today, at least three in the last half hour that we cannot attribute to anything....

Seems there have been many crashes around the community today...any ideas from UBI or GRIN.

There are no error msgs on the server after a crash, its straight to desktop

This morning 6-7 of us were hopping servers and the crashing was continuous. ATFCLAN, BDA, TheCore, ShadowCo. And 2-3 more I cant remember off the top of my head. The problem seems to be outside the server/client. Perhaps Gamespy is having issues? Also of note, All the UBI Chicago and Euro servers were down as well. Looks like they crashed and werent restarted? Just wanted to confirm the above posts.

Maec*BDA*

I'm investigating this now, but any crashlogs(crashlog.txt) or perhaps more detailed descriptions of the crashes would be very useful. Was it a clean crash to desktop or did it crash with a "C++ Runtime Error" window, for example?

It happened to me 8 times over the whole week end.

Some of the UBI servers have been down for days.

ATF Z

BDA

SCE

and on UBI EU02 AND EU04.

Each crash was just a straight forward disconnect from server.

Only one was on a map change cycle.

A couple things this week.

Nvidia driver updated. 91.47

And using IE7 now from IE6.

No other changes to sys.

Clean crash to desktop for the server. no log generated, no error. Nothing in the event viewer either for windows 2003 server.

One time before it happened one player got altered files, then i disconnected (everyone said i left, looked normal) then everyone dropped as the server dropped entirely.

Nothing changed on my pc, no new drivers or such.

Also nothing changed on the server end. I even restarted the server entirely and after about 15 min and a full server it dropped.

The issues stopped after 11pm est - 5gmt ast night as it only happened once during our scrimmage.

Even some of the ubi servers were down.

It was reported that some of the beta battlefield 2142 servers also were having this issue and were hosted by gamespy (not sure but i was told this by one)

Our Server is on Verizon Business dsl 3mb x768 static which isn't what BDA's or many others are on.

It also happened once on a map cycle when i was there, as soon as everyone displayed in the lobby.

Yep, had some crashes yesterday too. (BDA AFZ) Some were server connection lost, and two times straight to desktop. Had a hard time restarting GRAW, took awfull long, and some times it wouldn't start at all. I dunno what happened, but haven't been able to find what it was (not my new graphic card that is sure) Next time I will keep error logs from Windows if I get one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Aug 26 19:00:44 2006

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.21

data\menu\menu.dsf(-1): cant find member: rows in type <destroyed c++class>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\gamespymanager.dsf(0)

that was one of the errors I had when i crashed. Thought u should know.

These are all the ones ive had fairly recently......

Fri Aug 18 12:33:11 2006

data\lib\script_network\gametype\zone.dsf(-1): cant find member: _id in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\zone.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypehamburgerhill.dsf(0)

Sat Aug 19 12:00:33 2006

data\lib\script_network\gametype\zone.dsf(-1): cant find member: _id in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\zone.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypehamburgerhill.dsf(0)

Fri Aug 25 21:11:03 2006

data\lib\units\extensions\hudmp.dsf(-1): cant find member: recreate_all_hud_zones in type <void>

Sun Aug 27 13:56:40 2006

data\lib\script_network\gametype\memberteamdeathmatch.dsf(-1): cant find member: add_score in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercommon.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercommon.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkdamage.dsf(0)

Same thing seems to happening tonight too.

One thing I have noticed is, if msn messenger is running the errors are more frequent.

I tried to night a test.

Shut down rebooted 10 times game that is, set up server 5 times without messenger and five with it running.

Five times without I had no problem starting a server and running it.

Five times with it running,

1. CD ERROR insert original disk

2. loged into GS and set server up after 25 secongds game droped.

3. as 2.

4 as 2

5 Server started but other player could not stay in.

All of the errors were however the same GS unknown error

Msn messemger version is 8.00 Build version 8.0.092.00

I have very few errors with this game up until this weekend and last couple days, these problems appear to be far worse when using my Messenger, which I dont normally have running either on boot or during play.

The thing that is also done if you run the game with messenger is you need to alt tab to come out, would this affect anything??.

I know Grin are looking into this, this is just more info.

I would be good to see some resolution to this with an explanation maybe of what is wrong.

Once it is sorted.

I dropped connection multiple times tonight, say 4-5 time at joining. It is plausible that some were from server crash as the servers in question didn't show up afterwards, but some of the "lost connections" were still there. I have no problems with my connection otherwise.

Same thing here, I noticed also that servers were listing say 5/32 players when in fact no one was in them. We tried to play in at least 6 different ones with either severe crashing or being dropped individually.

Started for us on Friday evening and continued throught the weekend. On a side note, I am getting this GRAW has encountered an error and needs to close when I shut down the game. Not always but wondered what may be causing it. Appologize in advance if I missed a post on this already.