UKSF Mod

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the base model is more or less completed, just awaiting the thumbs up (or down even) from CMH. I guess Jack got jealous and stole Astra's hoody.... That's a clue to what I've been working on.... :whistle:

Now to do some some swift alterations to the ghillie before my model goes beta....

EDIT: just fixed up some more stuff; some of the vertices on the hood were out of line, and I deleted all the now hidden 'faces' from the back and most part of the sides of his head (gotta keep the poly count down). I've fixed up the shoulders some more and adjusted some of the vertices in his upper torso too. The model is just about ready for export now. As the mapping of the model has been greatly affected now, I'll need to apply CMH's cool skins as a texture first, before I can export. Still got some work ahead of me then....

Edited by WytchDokta

Hi,

I'm always happy to give updates but there is no firm news at the minute other than Phlook and Mig are working on something amazing (that may or may not work!). A few new scripters are signing up with Mig to do the global missions (Trenchsoldier is doing the Afghan campaign with a few special contributuions).

And I'm still messing about with skins (it's all I can actually do!)

Cheers

CMH

• 2 weeks later...

Work is still sort of progressing. I'm waiting to hear from a few people about weapons & vehicles. Phlook is doing some great things with the Blue Ivan map (Mig will take up the reigns when Phlook has finished his part!).

Has anyone heard from Natswana? I've PM'd him but haven't heard back from him.

The whole mod has changed again - real life and game limitations (or my own limitations) mean the planned campaign won't work.

Cheers

CMH

PS I could really do with some help doing some monor script modifications. If anyone is interested please contact me.

Time to go - I've got to finish the Aus skins ready for Thales and SC to look at(fix?).

Has anyone heard from Natswana? I've PM'd him but haven't heard back from him.

The whole mod has changed again - real life and game limitations (or my own limitations) mean the planned campaign won't work.

Cheers

CMH

PS I could really do with some help doing some monor script modifications. If anyone is interested please contact me.

Time to go - I've got to finish the Aus skins ready for Thales and SC to look at(fix?).

Nat has given up about GR modding, at least for some time, as he is playing in a band by now. It seems that the great weapon mod he was working on will be released, just some kit icons missing. :o=

Hope to see this great mod, UKSF, released CMH. :fingersx:

About the Aus skins, send me the link and ill work on it immediately. :snipe:

The campaign element as planned by Trenchsoldier has fallen through due to Trench's real life commitments. Shame -he had some great mission ideas. I'll try to incorporate the missions he did within the new campaign.

I hope Nat can send the stuff he already did for me -it was great.

The way things stand at the moment Mig and Phlookian are the real force holding this mod together. I've done all I can in terms of skinning, it's the missions & weapons that need to be sorted. Phlook is doing some great stuff for the first mission -it'll be scripted by Mig but Phlook is getting everything set up in the mapping dept.

Richmond has some missions to donate that need to be given a more Brithish flavour, and Militiaman has offered some old missions to the cause.

We're down but not out!

Cheers

CMH

The campaign element as planned by Trenchsoldier has fallen through due to Trench's real life commitments. Shame -he had some great mission ideas. I'll try to incorporate the missions he did within the new campaign.

I hope Nat can send the stuff he already did for me -it was great.

The way things stand at the moment Mig and Phlookian are the real force holding this mod together. I've done all I can in terms of skinning, it's the missions & weapons that need to be sorted. Phlook is doing some great stuff for the first mission -it'll be scripted by Mig but Phlook is getting everything set up in the mapping dept.

Richmond has some missions to donate that need to be given a more Brithish flavour, and Militiaman has offered some old missions to the cause.

We're down but not out!

Cheers

CMH

If I can help with anything for your mod, give me shout. As long as it's nothing too big though.... :ph34r:

We're down but not out!

Cheers

CMH

FYI Richmonds emails are bouncing.

uh oh I'll try and get with him today somehow...

mig :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I know your all busy working away at this, but have you got an update for us :yes: please

im really looking forward to this mod :thumbsup:

Thanks - it's nice to know that people are interested in the work. At the minute Phlookian is working on a range of experimental ideas, then they'll be handed to Mig for the scripting duties.

Sleeper is doing the finishing touches on a few models, with a few others contributing to the mix as well.

Some help that was offered has dissappeared for various reasons so we're cutting back on many areas of the mod but are trying to maintain a very high standard throughout.

Realistically, I don't think this will be ready until late spring 07.

Cheers

CMH

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Addittion to the Mod:

GR_Warrior1

GR_Warrior2

GR_Warrior3

MODERATOR EDIT: violation of rule

[3.14] Large Images Please do not include large images directly in a post as it blows out the forum formatting and causes delays for dial-up users. Any large image (greater than 500 pixels wide) should be posted as a URL instead of as an Image, or resized down to 500 pixels. You can use the attach file button to attach large images.

Tiny Weany Fast Bad Quality Turntable Animation

Edited by GiWeDa

Lookin' good Chems, I mean El_Davido! Nice showroom you got there....and great addition to the mod! Tanks a lot....

mig :ph34r:

Agreed :thumbsup:

I'd been considering a desert campaign to follow Arctic Storm but think I'll wait to see how this one pans out. Stonking Warrior, El_Davido - just the armour GR wanted -

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule