More Players

We are starting see more player on the BDA server. I would like to see even more. Especially after all the hard work that are mappers have done do give us variety. We are starting to see a larger mix of the maps now, including standard maps. I wish that more people would go to www.beerdrinkingassasins.com and download the maps. We use TeamSpeak for a better and more tactical gameplay. If have questions, let me know.

Personally I don't visit BDA much anymore just because it seemed like every other day a new map was put on the server I didn't have and without an autodownload feature it became rather annoying to go and figure out which map pack it was I needed, close the game down, install, restart, and jump back in.

... after all the hard work that are mappers have done do give us variety. We are starting to see a larger mix of the maps now, including standard maps. I wish that more people would go to www.beerdrinkingassasins.com and download the maps...

...If have questions, let me know.

Can you try to keep the map pack updates down to once or twice a month, for sake of those who do NOT like downloading new content all the time to play a good server?

... after all the hard work that are mappers have done do give us variety. We are starting to see a larger mix of the maps now, including standard maps. I wish that more people would go to www.beerdrinkingassasins.com and download the maps...

...If have questions, let me know.

Can you try to keep the map pack updates down to once or twice a month, for sake of those who do NOT like downloading new content all the time to play a good server?

Agreed.

If custom maps are being created, I honestly feel you'll get better participation if they're lumped together into a larger mappack.

We are starting see more player on the BDA server. I would like to see even more. Especially after all the hard work that are mappers have done do give us variety. We are starting to see a larger mix of the maps now, including standard maps. I wish that more people would go to www.beerdrinkingassasins.com and download the maps. We use TeamSpeak for a better and more tactical gameplay. If have questions, let me know.

http://www.beerdrinkingassasins.com/module...?name=Downloads

Is a blank page.

I have a question generally that might deserve it's own thread but here goes anyhow:

As background, I liked AW sp & coop ok, had some fun. I uninstalled this game bc the mp was supbar. My question is, do new maps and new game types make this fun? Or should I wait for the final patch? TIA

@ all BDA- THANKS for straightening out the map downloads. I knew you guys could be counted on!

@mopap- I'd have it installed and ready for when Map Pack #3 comes out. patch up, d/l some of the AWESOME 9and yes they are) aftermarket maps, and give 'er a last shot. If you don't like, hey thanks anyhow. Not THAT taxing, is it?

Not THAT taxing, is it?

I know what ur saying, but I can only be disappointed so many times by the same thing b4 I throw in the towel. I'd like to give it one more chance, but I can't tell if the game's really improved as of now or if ppl just keep hoping it will. I guess it will be impossible to tell unless I try.

Edited by Mopap

Not THAT taxing, is it?

I know what ur saying, but I can only be disappointed so many times by the same thing b4 I throw in the towel. I'd like to give it one more chance, but I can't tell if the game's really improved as of now or if ppl just keep hoping it will. I guess it will be impossible to tell unless I try.

Very true! If you want you could just wait a couple weeks and the next patch might be out then. Then you can look on here and see what kind of a response everyone has on it. In the end its your choice. Hope ya like it!

Not a big fan of autodownloading, but that's in another thread already. DEAD HORSE as far as my comments...

Suffice it to say it was NOT an inconvenience to go to BDA's website and download the requisite map pack. At least they've got it together to have all the maps in one download file. And you don't even have to register with their site to download the map pack. I did after the fact anyhow, but by no means is anyone currently obligated to do so.

It's gonna fall on the community here to agree upon these things. Once the SADS stuff is settled, we may find ourselves needing different maps to play different servers. Two options exist: download them all, or stick to the servers you're downloaded for. This is NOT any different from the [GR] days...

Anyone who played [GR] like I did, and started miserably on the UBI thingie remembers the whole fiasco with having to figure out the mods for any given server you wanted to play on, then go find the mods, d/l, install, and go back just to find the server no longer online. Luckily it more or less stabilized on DA4.9 and HX5 for most of the servers. Even now, there's a pile you have to stack up in order to play the good [GR] servers. AlphaMod 2.0 (which is GREAT, by the way) requires DTD and (I think) Standard Upgrade. Old AlphaMod required SU for sure. And then you had to go in and make sure you have them all, as well as DS and IT installed in the proper order. One mod out of sequence, and it's crash city when you go to play.

Sound like a nightmare? Just remember how willing and eager we all were to go through all that to play with some good pals. [GR] never came within a light year of the kind of online participation of MMORPG's, or even AA and BF2. Those things have INSANE numbers of folks playing. And there's a reason we're not among them. THEY SUCK.

This thing is NOT [GR], but it has a lot of similarities. Let's hope the most memorable one is how we all just suck it up and put up with the little nuisances for the greater pleasure of playing what IS and WILL CONTINUE TO BE a fine game with the SUPER folks from this community present and future. If there were 1,000,000 people playing this game online right now, I'd microwave my copy too.

This small community is great for being small and relatively familiar. You'll start to see friendly names on a lot of the mods and maps that come out in the coming months, and think, "I PWNt that guy once..." when you play his work, instead of wondering, "What clan is THAT? Are they Norwegian or something? Never heard of this dude..." as you might with BF2 or something.

Keep up the great work, oh great makers of the maps and mods. And all you kickin' site/server admins, here's to you! </beertoast>

The next few weeks are gonna be VERY exciting...

Not a big fan of autodownloading, but that's in another thread already. DEAD HORSE as far as my comments...

Suffice it to say it was NOT an inconvenience to go to BDA's website and download the requisite map pack. At least they've got it together to have all the maps in one download file. And you don't even have to register with their site to download the map pack. I did after the fact anyhow, but by no means is anyone currently obligated to do so.

It's gonna fall on the community here to agree upon these things. Once the SADS stuff is settled, we may find ourselves needing different maps to play different servers. Two options exist: download them all, or stick to the servers you're downloaded for. This is NOT any different from the [GR] days...

The great thing about auto-dowload is the option to turn it off, now as far as the rest of the post you have to understand the GR community is NOT backing GRAW. Old GR players would know all about downloading maps/mod and where to find them, but new players will have a much harder time. Which means the more maps/modded server this less likely of new players taking up GRAW.

There's a reason why very few people play GRAW MP. Any options that could add players should be used, after all there's nothing to loss at this point.

Hi all, i`am new to GR:AW when i try to join any server it says that my files do not mach the servers

but i have all the latest patch 1.10 1.6 1.20 1.21 ,

but i think i have installed map`s and mod`s wrong can any one help me on this one please

Hi all, i`am new to GR:AW when i try to join any server it says that my files do not mach the servers

but i think i have installed map`s and mod`s wrong can any one help me on this one please

The mods would be the problem. For now the server has to have it on it or you will get booted. Grin is trying to make the mod issue better.

Be sure the Mod Bundles go in the custom_levels sub-directory...