A Request for the new patch

I would also like other input on this.

I would like the option to force high post effects. I have found that low post effects and even medium give a huge advantage over high in view distance with fog and dust, and when it comes to night time, light has no effect on using nightvision, on high post effects though, it makes a difference, you can hide inside the light to hide from people in nightvision.

Also, People with low post effects can run NV during day maps and see everywhere fine, no hiding in that dark building so that you are mostly hidden. High post effects counters that.

I would like it to be an option in the server settings that it overrides the player side settings.

Just a thought, it won't kill me not to have it, but it makes night maps and maps with light and dark areas a little be more fun and realistic.

You can force it, in the XML settings. Go to Ubisoft/GhostRecon Advanced Warfighter/data/settings - and open the renderer settings.xml in notepad.

Find this line: <variable name="post_effect_quality" value="medium"/>

and change to : <variable name="post_effect_quality" value="high"/>

Save the file and boot up GRAW

you misunderstand, i want to make it so everybody must use it, so that no one has an unfair advantage, and lighting actually has an effect on the gameplay.

right now anyone can run what they want, i would like an option to force high post effects on a server, so if you join, it automatically changes it and cannot be changed until you join a different server. This is to reduce "cheating".

That's one of those gray areas better left alone. Who do you penalize, if you were to put in a toggle, the player with the high-end system by degrading his settings or the guy with the barely adequate rig whose performance will suffer even more by forcing effects.

There are trade offs with either setting.

Yeah, there were always optimum settings in [GR] to see just enough of one thing without missing out on the other. Blah. 2 years from now, 90% of us will be running machines that can smoke GRAW anyhow. Besides, if you're running in match on HIGH anything, you'd better have a GREAT reason for it. anything above the bare minimum settings just slows you down unreasonably, and I'd rather not concede that advantage to my opponents. I have a hard enough time not getting PWNt anyhow...

off gives real colors to the game not different shades of orange. They need to fix the hdr or turn it off.

There's nothing wrong with the HDR. I think too many people seriously don't understand what HDR is in the first place.

That shade of orange deal is NOT from the HDR. It has nothing to DO with the HDR. It's a sepia tone overlay on top of the rendered images. The only connection it has to HDR is that they are both post-effects, which is why when you turn the post effects off both go away at once. They are entirely seperate entities.

What I'd like to see if a sliding bar that lets me set the sepia tone to my own personal preference. HDR should remain, though it does need some tweaking still in my opinion as I find the effect a touch too powerful. Looking into a dark room from outside should not be like looking into a black void. Should still be able to make out shapes and whatnot, just not specific details.