Online Play

Sorry if this is in the wrong section lol.

I am considering buying this game for online play.

Just wondering if you need to pay to play it online, or can you just play it with the disk like the [Ghost Recon]?

Online play is FREE all you need is your DVD/CD and the CD- CODE/SERIAL

MAny good servers..... Great suppost from the Developer, on this forum..

viii

LOL you dont need to lie to the man. He doesnt want to waste his money.

Be honest. Multiplayer sucks and hardly anyone plays.

Check back after the next patch comes out to see if it changes anything.

:rofl: aMMo, Get a life, read the post.....

Online play is Free : - YES it is [ no lie]

You need your CD key: - TRUE [no lie]

Many good servers:- BDA, AFZ, BPR, SCE, AMET, UBI,

WDA, MEG, SPQR & GG to name but a few [no lie]

support:- The Developer Grin are here nearly every day since release...

Play:- Every night I go online I can always find servers with players and sometimes they are full & I can't get in. Try any of the above during the day/night and there are many playing online.

Get your facts right on post, if it's only your opinion, then state it

as such eg " I think" or " in my opinion" , IMHO etc etc.....

On this point you are the misleading one...

Viii

p.s. The Thread posters biggest problem will be his computer, is it up to the job…..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online play is Free : - YES it is [ no lie]

You need your CD key: - TRUE [no lie]

Many good servers:- BDA, AFZ, BPR, SCE, AMET, UBI,

WDA, MEG, SPQR & GG to name but a few [no lie]

support:- The Developer Grin are here nearly every day since release...

Play:- Every night I go online I can always find servers with players and sometimes they are full & I can't get in. Try any of the above during the day/night and there are many playing online.

Also (at present time of release):

No vote/kick/ban

No kit restrictions (leading to GL nade-fests)

No effective anti-cheat (there is AC, but not very good)

Thought I'd add this to viiper's summary in the interests of balance as these are big factors when playing online.

Oh, and that is IMO. :D

Also (at present time of release):

No vote/kick/ban

No kit restrictions (leading to GL nade-fests)

No effective anti-cheat (there is AC, but not very good)

Thought I'd add this to viiper's summary in the interests of balance as these are big factors when playing online.

Oh, and that is IMO. :D

Well I would not add this to my list:- simply put:-

Kick ban is not here today but will be in the next patch.

Kit restrictions are not available at this time but so are 100 other things in this game

and alot of other games, with the information that has been published/posted at this time.... things do change.

Affective AC, please come over to the BDA server with any cheats you may find, and see how long you would last, not only would you be booted, but Banned too.... Although this is not inbuilt, but it is available third party and the next patch will have it in built.

I could make a post saying things like, there is no real blood effects and 100 other things,

but at the end of the day, the thread was a question about:-

FREE PLAY and AVAILIBILITY OF SERVERS.

Do you own a copy ?

If so, I think you should sell it and buy a game that suits your preference because

“GRAW defiantly does not do it for you”.

viii

As I said, at present time of release - meaning what is out now and not what is promised in the future.

And BDA is one server among many... urm, not so many servers out there :P .. and they have implemented their own anti-cheat/ban system because that of AW is inadequate.

Bollock was wondering about onlineplay; your summary was good, but incomplete. I'm just trying to give him the rounded picture. He should know the good and the not so good

And yes I do own a copy - bought it the day it was released. Sadly. :(

As I said, at present time of release - meaning what is out now and not what is promised in the future.

And BDA is one server among many... urm, not so many servers out there :P .. and they have implemented their own anti-cheat/ban system because that of AW is inadequate.

Bollock was wondering about onlineplay; your summary was good, but incomplete. I'm just trying to give him the rounded picture. He should know the good and the not so good

I have to laugh at this. Was GR1's adequate? .. LOL it didn't have ANY! Sure you could kick and ban from within the game but then they would boom your server all night so the ingame kick and ban was useless.

We used this anticheat system (same as BDA) in conjuction with a 3rd party tool reconlog which later could block the booms well before GRAW. It works with any game for banning once you find out what the join packet is which is also in the tool.

Punkbuster wouldn't even have stopped servers from being boomed... as no real anticheat did and when we e-mailed Redstorm about it... what did they say? wn't release a patch for it as the game is no longer supported.

I have to laugh at this. Was GR1's adequate? .. LOL it didn't have ANY! Sure you could kick and ban from within the game but then they would boom your server all night so the ingame kick and ban was useless.

We used this anticheat system (same as BDA) in conjuction with a 3rd party tool reconlog which later could block the booms well before GRAW. It works with any game for banning once you find out what the join packet is which is also in the tool.

Punkbuster wouldn't even have stopped servers from being boomed... as no real anticheat did and when we e-mailed Redstorm about it... what did they say? wn't release a patch for it as the game is no longer supported.

GR1 didnt have a AC, but it was made 5 years ago.

AC's are required nowadays.

Yeah sad they wouldnt release a simple patch. They didnt even have to figuer out how to fix it because Luigi (who made GRboom) released a grboom fix with source code for both.

Hell all they could of done was support luigis anti-boom fix and Ubi add the md5 to the known GhostRecon.exe list to make it detected.

Regardless from that, you could still force it to be detected.

There was other crashing programs, though. Frito had made one, and also made wpe filters to filter out the packets for 1.4.

Since I played 1.0, I had to remake them to work for it and added a couple of my own. Like in 1.0 there was no option to turn off vote kicking and people would hold the game up being aholes. So I filtered out the VK request and it would kick whoever made the request instead.

I have to laugh at this. Was GR1's adequate? .. LOL it didn't have ANY!

I wasn't trying to compare AW against [GR] - I was simply chipping in to try to give a potential new player a balanced view as to how the online experience is for AW at the moment. :thumbsup:

I just don't want to see a certain publisher who shall remain unnamed (UbiCOUGHsoft) Start thinking that what works with City of Heroes/Villains can also work with Tom Clancy titles. This whole thing has been a reflection of so many other aspects of western society, where that top 2% with all the money and the authority to make decisions is in NO way in touch with the wants/needs of the folks those decisions affect. If it wouldn't be so borderline-blasphemous, I'd start calling them the Ubi Reich. But they're French from what I've read, and I think they deserve a little more respect than that...

Not MUCH more, but a little...

Correct me if Im wrong but... from what Ive heard, there is no AC. All they did was add a check to make peoples xmls match with the server which shouldve been in there from the start. It was just a correction of an oversight am I right? Theres no AC software to stop cheats, just modded XML's correct?

Online play is free of charge. Lots of people like it. Lots don't.

Only thing to do is to try it yourself.

Agreed - but to do that you'll have to buy the game itself - there is no MP demo.

When I wrote my first post above, I actually wondered if I should make mention of having to buy the game to try the MP aspect. I eventually decided saying so would be redundant in this thread.