HDR Tweak

Could GRAW be tweaked where there isn't such a difference in ablility to see when looking into a shadow as opposed to looking out from a shadow.

what I mean is that is if you are in the light looking under an overhang of a building you can't make out anything. then when sitting in the shadow you can see everything crystal clear. What I would like to see is something more realistic. When I come home after work and go to drive into my garage the sun is right over my roof shining in my eyes. However, I can still see into my garage and make out my tool box, shelves, what's on my shelves etc. It's not like in the graw where I can't see anything.

Point is it's way to easy for campers to hide in the shadows and pick off people even if you just round a corner and are fairly close to the person.

Either this or make it washed out whiteness when looking at the light from the shadow so there isn't such an advantage to being in the shadow.

My best guess is that HDR does not take into consideratiion the reflective nature of everything. Such that the only light is direct light until you are in the shadow then it compensates somehow.

maybe i have a setting turned up/off/down that's making it harder to see into the shadows. let me know if you dont have this problem.

this picture gives a decent representation for what i mean. the marked (3) soldier is almost to the shadow. once inside he would not be visible. notice you cannot see what's in the shadow either.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maeast/020%20a...0and%20such.JPG

i've only seen the reverse effect on x360. it was even part of a trailer where they show someone enter a dark spot, turn around and get "blinded".

but you do get what i'm saying? is it hard to see in the shadows for you as well?

it would be if i kept my post effects on...

i've only seen the reverse effect on x360. it was even part of a trailer where they show someone enter a dark spot, turn around and get "blinded".

but you do get what i'm saying? is it hard to see in the shadows for you as well?

heh i was about to ask that. seems a good enough reason to turn it off for me.

Seems like something that shouldn't be able to be turned off to me ;)

Seems like something that shouldn't be able to be turned off to me ;)

If it were implemented better I would agree.

I think that our Sweed friends all need to take a trip to Mexico. The fact the GRAW Ghost's got eye protection. You would think that it would be made of shatter-proof polycarbonate and UVA/UVB proof. After all they are Green Berets and other groups such as Delta, Seals and at the most a few AF-SOG guys thrown in for intelligent conversation-and of course comic relief.

Bye the Bye, I grew up three towns over from Natick, I was a Ft Devens brat my dad was ASA assigned to 10th Special Forces Group. Any NE'nders out their? Great place to grow up-I miss it!!

A little trivia Doug Flutie played high school ball for Natick.

NOX

Tampa FL.

Edited by NOX