Needed for matching in GRAW

Grids for all maps, even if a domination like zones but for all TDM maps. Someone could make one but the anticheat would prevent new players that don't have them from joining... so please some sort of Grids and possbile a zoom map (no realtime like overview) just a map with Grids.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I agree. While you can manage by quadrants (NW corner of the SE quad) grids would be much easier to call out (A1, B8, BINGO!). All the buildings look similar and since there are so many nooks to hide in it makes it difficult to communicate where people are.

Yep A grid overlay on the minimap would be nice

It doesn't need to cluttered too much by showing text on the map itself, only in the periphery

1 2 3 4 5 etc

A

B

C

D

E

And zooming in the maps in a bit, only showing the areas you can access would be nice too.

:)

Yes grids would be awesome.

Roco. How was the scrim?

It was fun although we were few and played with mixed teams. ATU only had 3 due to ISP breakdown for a couple of guys.

Let's hope for a great bash on Sunday and that Roco makes it back in time from his camping. (we are 5 so far Roco not included)

We just call the zones out like it was still dom...

There are some zones that run from one end of the map to another, which is of little help when you're trying to eliminate a single person in a no-respawn deathmatch.

Also, as people play TDM exclusivley, their memory of the DOM zones will fade because there are some zones where action seldom takes place. I will always know where D and E zones are in Warehouses, but I've already forgotten A zone.

We need grids.

Yes grids would be awesome.

Roco. How was the scrim?

It was fun although we were few and played with mixed teams. ATU only had 3 due to ISP breakdown for a couple of guys.

Let's hope for a great bash on Sunday and that Roco makes it back in time from his camping. (we are 5 so far Roco not included)

Yeah, we still need to decide who is gonna be in the scrim. We have like 15 available and all would like to do it...lol So we need to decide who will sit this one out yet.

As of grids. Its definitly important to people on Teamspeak. Trying to tell someone where an enemy is is pretty hard...lol Well i guess it would be even harder without TS so i guess its just as important if not more so for those not on coms...hehehe

You don't have the ones with the color-coded spawn zones? Tsk, tsk...

Red Square... GREAT map for SP/COOP. A right ###### of a final mission, fittingly...

great map for matching too .. as long as it was a full server lol like 8v8v8v8 or 16v16 man those got intense lol

Yeah, not dso great for 5v5 matches. That one choke point at the entrance to the arcade turned into Nade-i-vostok. (Translation: NADE CITY) On the other hand, not nearly as frustrating as trying to match the IT MP Island whatchamacallit map. THAT was mind-numbing...

Yeah, not dso great for 5v5 matches. That one choke point at the entrance to the arcade turned into Nade-i-vostok. (Translation: NADE CITY) On the other hand, not nearly as frustrating as trying to match the IT MP Island whatchamacallit map. THAT was mind-numbing...

?

redsquare mp took place all in the square to the south. only campors like AP ran through the tunnel.

oh and that's just a screenie i pulled from the ghostrecon.net walkthrough but yeah i didn't use the ones with the spawns because it was easy to remember and it cluttered up the screen. graw won't need it because there are only 2 spawns anways.

I remember reading about this need a while back.

There was some sort of a problem in that the map view in GRAW is real time, it's not a snapshot. Whatever type of a grid system is devised, it needs to be transparent and lay across the real time view of the map.