Different Forums on GR:AW

I have seen a few forums on differnet games. And I have to say that THIS forum is the best, even those that HATE GR:AW! I am a player of the [GR] (Gold addtion) and of GR:AW. However, only in SP. I don't know my "keyboard" well enough to play MP. When I read about your "forays", I become envious.

However, with my age, maybe you can't teach and "old dog" new tricks! I really hope all you MP players will get your wishes, so that the few of us who play only SP can have some of the crumbs you leave behind! :lol::g_withgrin:

I have seen a few forums on differnet games. And I have to say that THIS forum is the best, even those that HATE GR:AW! I am a player of the [GR] (Gold addtion) and of GR:AW. However, only in SP. I don't know my "keyboard" well enough to play MP. When I read about your "forays", I become envious.

However, with my age, maybe you can't teach and "old dog" new tricks! I really hope all you MP players will get your wishes, so that the few of us who play only SP can have some of the crumbs you leave behind! :lol::g_withgrin:

It isn't all the different to play multiplayer. I remember my first initial trepidation going online and playing with people. It was a worthwhile experience and it opened up a whole new world of fun!

If you ever want to get to know the ropes, look me up on ICQ, Yahoo IM, or XFire and I'd be happy to host an impromptu game with you.

There are plenty of us old guys playing... matter of fact... might want to start an "over 50" team. It would be a no-win situation for the young fellers. They can't brag about killing a bunch of "old folks". It would be worse if they lost. ;)

Slow

Well, I was new o online gaming vbefore starting up GRAW online, did my old GR on local network with 2 brothers in law, but my internet was slow at those days....still had loads of fun (though we would be half of the time trying to get stuff to work and the other half of the time trying to survive)GRAW online is much fun if you find your way around, i am not very good at it, mostly one of the first to die but still it is great fun.

If you want to start a bit easy try to join a coop game... if you find the right one you'll be on it in no time.

Highly recommend MP. It's a whole new world out there. If you are nervous or don't know what your doing, just grab a quiet corner and whack anyone who runs by (yes, camp). It'll get you started and will slowly teach you maps.

I always knew you were a campor!

Don't let age get you down. I'm in the over 40 crowd and can keep up with the 'young bucks' out there. Granted I have bought some technology to help my old fingers and ears out a bit (a Zboard keyboard (www.zboard.com) and a good 5.1 surround headset (many exist but I use the Speedlink Medusa's)).

Hop on and enjoy the ride!

Don't let age get you down. I'm in the over 40 crowd and can keep up with the 'young bucks' out there. Granted I have bought some technology to help my old fingers and ears out a bit (a Zboard keyboard (www.zboard.com) and a good 5.1 surround headset (many exist but I use the Speedlink Medusa's)).

Hop on and enjoy the ride!

I am being swayed that way. However, I have the "Wolf King" gaming pad and a Fatal1ty mouse (had to get rid of my Microsoft rollerball) so I could be better in the SP. I am just learning where the keys are on the gamepad. Give me a few more weeks (years, maybe, lol). I will, when I am more comfortable with the gamepad, try the MP version. Then maybe, I'll understand all the rants about this game. (BTW, I'm in the over 50 crowd...I don't feel that old, but I guess I might be.) :blink::g_withgrin:

You could always try out coop multiplayer style gaming. You're playing against the AI so it's similar to single player campaigns or missions.

I loved single player and still have fun with it. I view coop multiplayer a natural extension of single player gaming.

You could always try out coop multiplayer style gaming. You're playing against the AI so it's similar to single player campaigns or missions.

I loved single player and still have fun with it. I view coop multiplayer a natural extension of single player gaming.

Ok, I might try it later tonight (after the wife goes to bed, she is always ragging on me for playing games on the computer because I am "too old" lol). How do I get on to a "Coop"mission? :D

Ok, I might try it later tonight (after the wife goes to bed, she is always ragging on me for playing games on the computer because I am "too old" lol). How do I get on to a "Coop"mission? :D

the Coop as it is in GRAW right now is the single player campaign played together with up to 4 human players, its ALOT of fun, nothings better than sneaking thru "Quarterback" with 3 of your friends to watch your back!

simply go into the multiplayer menu, start a server and choose "coop" mode, there you choose how many humans and how many AI you want to play with and what level you want to play, happy cooping!:)

:huh:

the Coop as it is in GRAW right now is the single player campaign played together with up to 4 human players, its ALOT of fun, nothings better than sneaking thru "Quarterback" with 3 of your friends to watch your back!

simply go into the multiplayer menu, start a server and choose "coop" mode, there you choose how many humans and how many AI you want to play with and what level you want to play, happy cooping.

How do you know what "soldier" you are? And, do you pick your weapons, or does the "host"? :huh:

simply go into the multiplayer menu, start a server and choose "coop" mode, there you choose how many humans and how many AI you want to play with and what level you want to play, happy cooping.

How do you know what "soldier" you are? And, do you pick your weapons, or does the "host"? :huh:

you pick your own weapons, once you are in there, its quite self-explanatory!:)

Thanks..most appreciated. I need to get up my nerve and remember that I will be a noobie, and will probably suck, at least for a while. :rofl:

You don't have to worry. I suck in all games I paticipate in. I don't have the time to be a good MP-player. That's why I prefer Coop or games with enough players in the team so the emeny don't take that much notice about me when trying to find my way around the maps.

Try to look unimportant, They may be low on ammo

Thanks..most appreciated. I need to get up my nerve and remember that I will be a noobie, and will probably suck, at least for a while. :rofl:

well if you host a game, mention that you are a noobie and most others will take care of you. make sure they aren't running away from you, tell them to go in pairs and you stick with one of them.... Dont borther if someone gets inpatient and kill you for being too slow, it happened to me some times and I just don't play with those guys anymore, and if you ar the host youre the one that starts the mission, so you can ask him te leave if needed. If you want to try domination/team dethmatch or Hamburg hill, stick with the clan servers, they are mostly on no respawns and keep the kids out.....

Rbrad.....comin from another old dude...ya gotta do the MP game. Loads of fun with the right players!! If you decide to dip your toe into the GRAW POOL....look for our server or many other great servers like BDA, ATF, ATZ and a lot of others playin every night!!!!

So get your life preserver on and just jump right into the GRAW Killing Pool...you will love it!!!!

Rbrad1, don't let the MP faze you, once you get the hang of it you will be saying to yourself "What was I worrying about," we all make mistake when we tackle something new, so, go for it and have a good time, afterall it's just a game and games are made to have fun. :thumbsup: